Firaxis at Pax East 2014 - Speculations?

Guys, c'mon. It's clearly going to be a MOBA game with Civ leaders as heroes. Gandhi, Napoleon, Washington, they're all running down lanes now, defending their ancients and doing other MOBA-like stuff. Trust me, I'm an expert on this.

Guys, c'mon. It's clearly going to be a MOBA game with Civ leaders as heroes. Gandhi, Napoleon, Washington, they're all running down lanes now, defending their ancients and doing other MOBA-like stuff. Trust me, I'm an expert on this.

:worship:

My hopes:

1) Alpha Centauri 2. Done in the Civ V engine. Free interpretation of the original with lots of innovation.

2) Multiplayer focused spin of with a bit less mirco and faster play for games of about 1-2 hours. Completely redone simulatnious turn system (learn from board-games such as: Diplomacy & A Game of Thones).

3) Civ V Complete for iPad/Android tablets. Similar fast and easy multiplayer as in Civ Rev. Played in hotted up strategic view, limited to maximum standard map size it should work.

THIS. Exactly my hopes

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Is there any actual evidence pointing towards it being a "free to play arena shooter"? 'Cause you can add me to the list of people who'd be disappointed. It's just not a genre I'm interested in.

Is there any actual evidence pointing towards it being a "free to play arena shooter"? 'Cause you can add me to the list of people who'd be disappointed. It's just not a genre I'm interested in.

Good lord that would suck :cry: i doubt it... I'd cry!

No. Just one game-journalist saying it is a rumor.

How would you do that though without getting rid of what makes Civilization Civilization?

You shouldn't, that would not be civ.

I feel like others play arena shooter would suck. Also, I hope it is the announcement for Civ VI. It's the right time. If they do announce, I wonder if they plan on having a better AI this time. Maybe something with some more common sense.

You shouldn't, that would not be civ.

I feel like others play arena shooter would suck. Also, I hope it is the announcement for Civ VI. It's the right time. If they do announce, I wonder if they plan on having a better AI this time. Maybe something with some more common sense.

I hope so. I would literally poop my trousers if it's a Civ VI announcement.

Having poop on trousers makes clean companies look so dirty.. Is firaxis at pax all part of the game?

11:30 eastern time.

I'm remaining skeptical that this is Civ VI. My gut instinct is that it is an unrelated title.
My guess is an Alpha Centauri reboot. BNW hasn't even been out for a year, I doubt they'd hype an X-COM expansion so much, and I also think a stand alone X-COM game is unlikely.

So given all of that, combined with the fact that their X-COM reboot was seen as a success, Alpha Centauri using the Civ 5 engine would be an excellent way to bridge the gap between Civ 5 and Civ 6, just like how Colonization bridged the gap between Civ IV and Civ V.

Speaking of MadDjinn. Today he posted his 1000th youtube video with a review of his uploads there. He pointed out the longer breaks he took before G&K and BNW were released, because of obvious reasons. Not so long ago he announced that he won't be recording new stuff until May. I wonder why. :crazyeye:

Australia is the actual answer. Hard to record LPs when not at home.

No. Just one game-journalist saying it is a rumor.

though, maybe I'm actually at PAX and this has just been one long prank? :p:D

Can you imagine the trailer for a Free-to-play action shooter reminiscent to TF2?

*Somewhere in an fog-laden Asian valley, Washington looks over his vast Medieval empire, as the the rays of the sun shine majestically over his American Angkor Wat. Baba Yetu plays in the background as well as a generic voice over telling us how amazing Civilzation is.*

*Suddenly out of nowhere Gandhi comes with a massive club and uppercuts Washington in the jaw in slow motion- 300 Style*

*Shot of Gandhi mischievously smiling, admiring his fresh kill, when a spear can be seen soaring through the sky behind him. Cuts to black before you can see the impact... but you hear the noise*

*"INTRODUCING AN ALL NEW FREE-TO-PLAY ACTION ADVENTURE" flashes on the screen*

*Shots of various Civ leaders preparing for battle including Shaka with his Spear, Boudicca with her sword and Maria with her baton*

*"BATTLE THROUGHOUT THE AGES" flashes on the screen*

*Intercut of Haile Selassie running through the streets like a madman brandshing a massive Battle-Axe only to get gunned down by Hiawatha with a Shotgun*

*Various shots showing the level up system, which unlocks new technologies and subsequently new weapons*

*"FIGHT TO SURVIVE" flashes on the screen*

*Pachacuti can be seen gunning down various leaders with his Machine Guns only to be bonked on the head by Ramkhamhaeng wielding his spiky helmet*

*"FIGHT FOR YOUR PEOPLE" flashes on the screen*

*Kamehameha throws a handful of sand in the eyes of Catherine, who then knocks her out with the blunt end of his harpoon in a very ninja-esque way*

*"STAND THE TEST OF TIME" flashes on the screen*

*We see Harold Bluetooth and Oda Nobunaga fighting Sword against Katan when an shadow envelops them and they look up slowly*

*Gandhi is on a massive elephant with the same smile from the beginning*

*"COMING FALL 2015" flashes on the screen as an elephant call can be heard in the background along with manly screams*

Not gonna lie, I'd play the absolute hell out of this.

This :D or a shooter mentioned below :D I would definitely play in something like this :D

CIVILIZATION MOBA:

Shaka, Askia, Boudicca, Alexander, Gajah Mada, Genghis, Attila, Nobunaga, Gustav Adolph, Napoleon, Harald, Kamehameha, Isabel -> various warriors
Hiawatha, Pocatello, Dandolo, August, Catherine - backstabbers, I mean rogue

Hiawatha, Pocatello - hunters
Catherine, August, Dandolo - backstabbers, I mean assasins

Montezuma - warrior shaman, definitely :D
Washington - wizard with Democratic Spells
Pacal - wizard with Armageddon Spells
Pacachuti - support, builds roads on lanes

Ramesses - wizard, can spawn zombies and resurrect fallen comrades

Dido, Gandhi, Maria Theresa - healers

Theodora, Haile - defensive support

Wu Zetian - spawns Gunpowder Mechs, technological support

Elisabeth - offensive support, spawns Ships of the Line and Longbowmen
Casimir - offensive support, spawns Winged Hussars
Darius - deffensive support, spawns Immortals

Suleiman - bastard can covert killed enemies

Nebuchadnezzar and Ashurbanipal - wizards, definitely :D

Ar Rashid - spawns Djinns and minions

Wilhelm, Maria, Mansur - support their teams with gold
Ramkhamhaeng - support their teams with culture

Teams can buy artifacts (like Spear of Longinus or Golden Stool) for Gold, upgrade their minions via Science.

Each leader is improved via Perks... Social Policies.

Barbarians are 'neutral minions' on map, they secure Resources.

Hey... This would be awesome.

My guess is an Alpha Centauri reboot. BNW hasn't even been out for a year, I doubt they'd hype an X-COM expansion so much, and I also think a stand alone X-COM game is unlikely.

So given all of that, combined with the fact that their X-COM reboot was seen as a success, Alpha Centauri using the Civ 5 engine would be an excellent way to bridge the gap between Civ 5 and Civ 6, just like how Colonization bridged the gap between Civ IV and Civ V.

Colonization didn't sell that good though iirc.

I think everyone would love an new AC, but I'm afraid any game would fail in comparison to the original (Nostalgia is a powerful thing).

Top Bottom