Freeway Vandalism! [Image-Intensive!]

Originally posted by newfangle
Would it be just as amusing if some fundy posted a sign saying: "God hates homosexual abominations?"

or to a lessor extend, how about, "lesson the tax burden on the rich!"

Oh I forget, only the leftists are allowed to make a public scene.

Free Speech applies to all.

If they really want to get creative, they could put something like this up

See? Rmsharpe has natural talent. This isn't just a lefty thing. Making fun of politicians is a bipartisan sport! :D

There are plenty of those in downtown Rio.

These are the most common ones:
"Long live the glorious chinese revolution!"
"Don't vote! The revolution justifies itself!"
"All hail the glorious guerilla of Araguaia"

Nobody gives a damn, though. It's typicall of the far-left, and only contributes to making them even more of a joke.

In my white picket fence middle class suburb somebody went around and spray painted the word "LIES" on the sides of all the distribution boxes of a right wing Toronto newspaper (The SUN for all you Torontonians)

:)

I can't help but laugh out loud whenever I see it. Makes my day EVERY single time.

It's illegal and wrong, but it's still funny. Like the person who spraypainted "Kerry" in white on all the stop signs in my neighborhood.

Bah, Palis :rolleyes:

Originally posted by rmsharpe
I'm curious, is that okay with you, RedWolf, that someone vandalized mailboxes of people in your neighborhood?

People in my neighborhood don't OWN the mailboxes. The newspaper owns the mailboxes - they're the ones that sit on the corner and you put coins in to buy a paper.

Also I consider the newspaper to e mostly lies so the term is accurate. Remember in school when you have to bring in newspaper articles for assignments.. techers here say "And don't bring in anythign from the SUN... thats trash".

However of course it's not right. It's illegal and whomever did it should be charged for vandalism.

That being said I respect their wit and I thoroughly enjoy walking by them and seeing it.

I have the ability to seperate my emotions/beliefs from what I know the law has to be. ie: I may agree with it and find it funny but vandalism has to be illegal and I can't just apply it to to the stuff that a disagree with.

Sort of like the opposite concept that so many right wingers have trouble with... You can disagree with what people say but in a democracy freedom of speech has to apply to even those you disagree with.

Oh, man. Graffiti. Dunno why, but I love reading them.

The ones from college days were the most memorable for me. We had long faces that stretched from floor to ceiling, caricature portraits of our classmates and professors, life-sized nekkid couples doing their thing, you name it. :D

Even had poetry in the loo:
"Here I sat, broken hearted.
Tried to $hit, Moderator Action: warned, vugarity and bypassing the censor
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889 but only farted."
:lol:

As long as some of the lefties get to put up signs, I'll put up some of mine.

Go ahead and put that one up. It is politically obscure, and would only put Kerry's name in the forefront.

:lol: "Who would Jesus bomb?"

Originally posted by Neomega
Go ahead and put that one up. It is politically obscure, and would only put Kerry's name in the forefront.

I thought the Ceausescu picture was just a little better looking than the Saddam one. Besides, if I put that sign up, the press would be all over me for being a fascist Nazi homophobe.

cgannon, here's one with the speech baloon. If you want one without it, I've got it too. I also cropped some of the original picture just for visual effect.

And of course, I forget to attach the picture...

Attachments

• ceau4kerry2.gif
    ceau4kerry2.gif
    13.8 KB · Views: 135
I thought the Ceausescu picture was just a little better looking than the Saddam one. Besides, if I put that sign up, the press would be all over me for being a fascist Nazi homophobe.

Oh, that's a real guy? :crazyeye:

Ah, well. I just thought he was some excited-looking person.

I can still use him, just pretend he's not who he is. ;)

Ah.

So he can still be used as a bogeyman for either side, I guess. :p

EDIT: Hehehe, can't wait until I actually read pages about him for more than 5 minutes. :p

Top Bottom