Freeway Vandalism! [Image-Intensive!]

Originally posted by FredLC
While this criticism of a dictator can't be reproved, and while the gratuitous attack on any for of communism/lefitist thinking is part of your charm, I feel I need to point out to you that being capitalist never really made no one be loyal to Washington, Sharpe. :rolleyes:

Ceausescu pursued a policy of limited independence versus of that of other nations in Eastern Europe who were the puppet regimes of the Soviet Union. Hence Ceausescu was not loyal to Moscow.

Originally posted by cgannon64
Why does having a clean brick wall matter? The people inside do not have to look at it, just the people in the street.

Does that mean I have the right to spraypaint graffiti on your house or your car? You don't really spend that much time looking at them because you're in them.

So, to anyone in Brooklyn, when cgannon gets his first car, you have free license to vandalize it all you want.

Originally posted by rmsharpe
Does that mean I have the right to spraypaint graffiti on your house or your car? You don't really spend that much time looking at them because you're in them.

So, to anyone in Brooklyn, when cgannon gets his first car, you have free license to vandalize it all you want.

My point is, I see a huge white space facing my avenue and its begging to have something artistic on it.

EDIT: Don't worry, my first car will get vandalized anyway :crazyeye:

Originally posted by cgannon64
Why does having a clean brick wall matter? The people inside do not have to look at it, just the people in the street.

They might not have to look at it too often, but they still get a good view of it whenever they leave or return home. You wouldn't want anyone using your skin as a canvas for tattoo artists because you only ever get a glance of yourself whenever you come across a reflective surface ;)

Anyway, ideally the apartment owner would give them permission. My fantasy for a city is all billboards are replaced with art and all blank walls are filled with murals...

I believe the ideal is the reality in this case. The proprietor has a strong say on what can and cannot be displayed on his property. There are some regulations that prevent the display of offensive images and sculptures, but for almost anything else the owner has the final say on what he puts on his belongings.

Top Bottom