Frequently Asked Questions (at last)

Can someone help me? I need to know how serenissima bonus from venice (-30% yield penalty from puppets) works with imperialism - martial law policy (yield penalties reduced to -60% from -80%) Will puppets benefit even more? Thank you!

They stack additively. So in your case, it'd be a 80%-30%-20%=30% penalty.

Hello! Please tell me how to disable the Global Hegemony resolution in the CSD mod? I don't want to play with the diplomatic victory.

Last edited:
Noob here, I'm building a computer and going all out and I heard the new AMD Ryzen 9 is the best but also heard that if the mod was developed with intel then it will work better with it and I was just hoping I could gain some insight from this incredible community. Thanks!!

Hi all,
I thought I saw a topic related to my question, but I could not find it and didn't really want to open a new topic for this - so far I have been playing the 'vanilla' VP patch and gradually managed to develop my gameplay and understanding of many different play mechanics, so thought it would be a good time to add some modmods. I wanted to see which are considered to be "must try" on top of vanilla VP?
My thoughts are - 3rd and 4th component mod, then Events mod, More Wonders and/or Unique City States? Are there any more that I should consider?
I usually play Standard speed, standard map (8 Civ's & 16 CS).

Edit - Let me not pass on to the opportunity to say a big THANK YOU to all people in the community who are working on VP and everything around it. For me personally, Civ, and consequently the enhancement that VP brought to it is quite close the perfect game I feel I could play for decades to come!

Hi everyone!
Is there a way to edit AI to make them colonize one-tile-island? I know its inefficient to do this but this just break immersion for me when many islands remain uncolonized in 1800s. I'm using VP standard with EUI, thanks a lot!

When I install the mod I only have options for 1, 2, 3a, 4a, 4b. The install instructions say I should have through 6a or 6b. Did I install incorrectly or have things changed since the instructions were written?

When I install the mod I only have options for 1, 2, 3a, 4a, 4b. The install instructions say I should have through 6a or 6b. Did I install incorrectly or have things changed since the instructions were written?
Don't worry, VP install has been changed, some parts have been integrated.

Hi everyone.

I got a question. Help me. please.

I dont understand something 'bout religion. Playing a game on king level for Russian Catherine, I found an Eastern Orthodoxy religion and convert all Chineese cities on continent from their Thaosism to my Religion. In religion screen I see that there's no cities in the world that folows the thaosism - 0 pop. Then the game lasts for about 30 - 40 turns. ('bout 500 years). And then I look on Chineese teritory - and see , that their capital and another 2 or 3 cities are already folows to thaosism, and in Beiging - Cineese Capital there's almost no any follower of my religion - though it was a big influense of my Religion due to number of followers in cities, and 0 cities in thaosism. So, how can this happen ? (The Wonder of Borobudur - that gives two free missioners - is built in my capital, ). Or I don't understand the mechaninsm of spreading the religion.

(Or it's something with the dificulti level ? ) In the description of a difficulty levels said, that in King (4) level the AI get's some advantages. Is there any description of what exactly advantages or penalties gets the AI on dofferent difficulty levels ?

Hi everyone.

I got a question. Help me. please.

I dont understand something 'bout religion. Playing a game on king level for Russian Catherine, I found an Eastern Orthodoxy religion and convert all Chineese cities on continent from their Thaosism to my Religion. In religion screen I see that there's no cities in the world that folows the thaosism - 0 pop. Then the game lasts for about 30 - 40 turns. ('bout 500 years). And then I look on Chineese teritory - and see , that their capital and another 2 or 3 cities are already folows to thaosism, and in Beiging - Cineese Capital there's almost no any follower of my religion - though it was a big influense of my Religion due to number of followers in cities, and 0 cities in thaosism. So, how can this happen ? (The Wonder of Borobudur - that gives two free missioners - is built in my capital, ). Or I don't understand the mechaninsm of spreading the religion.

(Or it's something with the dificulti level ? ) In the description of a difficulty levels said, that in King (4) level the AI get's some advantages. Is there any description of what exactly advantages or penalties gets the AI on dofferent difficulty levels ?
It's actually very simple :
As long as you founded a religion and still control it (have control of its holy city), you can spawn Great Prophet of that religion. Great Prophet's spread action remove all influence of any religion in the target city (apart from its own).
Precision : you can spawn prophet even if you no longer have converted city. Even if all your cities are converted to another religion. The only way to definitely remove a religion is to also take the holy city and send an inquisitor there.

It's actually very simple :
As long as you founded a religion and still control it (have control of its holy city), you can spawn Great Prophet of that religion. Great Prophet's spread action remove all influence of any religion in the target city (apart from its own).
Precision : you can spawn prophet even if you no longer have converted city. Even if all your cities are converted to another religion. The only way to definitely remove a religion is to also take the holy city and send an inquisitor there.
One mystery less, at least. But here's the next one: After conquest of a Holy City, plus terminating that religion via inquisitor, that religion has disappeared from the list of world religions. But there are still cities of other nations which were converted earlier. They still put pressure on some of my cities, and even partially reconvert them, although their religion "officially" is not existing anymore...

One mystery less, at least. But here's the next one: After conquest of a Holy City, plus terminating that religion via inquisitor, that religion has disappeared from the list of world religions. But there are still cities of other nations which were converted earlier. They still put pressure on some of my cities, and even partially reconvert them, although their religion "officially" is not existing anymore...
Yup, however no one will ever be able to claim it for themselves. You still need to send missionaries to clean it out.
Note that converting another player to your religion gives :
  • a bonus relation (except for religion founder, which is the opposite),
  • a bonus to tourism (except for religion founder)
  • a bonus to vassal opinion (except for religion founder)
So, cleansing a Holy City is almost always a good thing, if you have your own religion. Even only getting the holy city for one turn and removing its status is incredibly useful.

Reactions: 4CV
So it is like a little Ghostbusters game inside CiV. Or Pacman... If they only did not contribute to religious unrest. Thank you for explaining.

So, cleansing a Holy City is almost always a good thing, if you have your own religion. Even only getting the holy city for one turn and removing its status is incredibly useful.
Which means we need to patch the exploit and make inquisitors unusable on cities before you select annex/puppet/liberate.

Which means we need to patch the exploit and make inquisitors unusable on cities before you select annex/puppet/liberate.
Won't change anything. You can choose whatever option, and still use the inquisitor on it. Either way you only need to possess the city one turn.
And it doesn't looks like an exploit to me. You still need to take the city.

Êven more unusable than they are right now? Or more useless, I should rather say. Because they do not achieve what they should, which is imho, to eliminate the followers of an eliminated religion completely. It is a really boring, tedious labour to run through that process again and again, every other turn, because those followers seem to multiply like rabbits somewhere.
Otoh, I was never good at playing pacman, and obviously I am not better at it now...

Won't change anything. You can choose whatever option, and still use the inquisitor on it. Either way you only need to possess the city one turn.
And it doesn't looks like an exploit to me. You still need to take the city.
You can liberate the city and still get to wipe the religion, and the founder will even thank you for it.

Thinking about it, in my current game the problem was not the Holy City (Korean capital), which I conquered and kept as vassal of the Ottoman Empire. Obviously Korea had spread much more aggressively than I had noticed before I asked him to stop. Now that this religion is not listed anymore you can't see what founder or enhancer beliefs they had, only their pantheon and follower. Maybe it was sth like "more pressure / long distance" which I never use. That may explain the effects, or maybe sth like "resistent to Inquisition" if that exists.
(I notice my very profound know-nothing-of-religions atm)

Top Bottom