Frequently Asked Questions (at last)

Oh, how stupid one can be. I found them, at last, and not at all far away, but everywhere, inside the City-States. In large quantities, because, who would ever think of using Inquisitors on CSs? And obviously those followers of lost religions can produce a lot of pressure from all around you. I don't think you can ever afford so many Inquisitors you need to get rid of them.
Edit: But, do they inflict pressure at all, when they are not majority in some of their CS??

Last edited:
who would ever think of using Inquisitors on CSs
Well, you can only use inquisitor on your own cities, so I don't really understand your message...
Just send missionaries there ; since each one spread 1000 pressure, make sure you overwhelm them.
Also, afaik pressure comes from converted cities, not from follower, so as long as no cities have their religion you're fine (even if they have followers).

Reactions: 4CV
Also note that inquisitor are only relevant in extremely high pressured cities.
One inquisitor remove half of all pressure from other religion.
They cost 1.5x missionary, and have only one charge.
1.5 missionary, with Borobodur, is a total of 4500 pressure.
So you should only use inquisitors on cities with at least 9000 foreign pressure, or 6000 without Borobudur.

Also note that inquisitor are only relevant in extremely high pressured cities.
One inquisitor remove half of all pressure from other religion.
They cost 1.5x missionary, and have only one charge.
1.5 missionary, with Borobodur, is a total of 4500 pressure.
So you should only use inquisitors on cities with at least 9000 foreign pressure, or 6000 without Borobudur.
Ah, thanks again, that will help. I hope. :)

I am not sure where to post this, and I am getting frustrated. I am trying to run the Vox Populi mod, and I can start a game just fine, but the moment I settle my first city, hard crash to desktop. I try to verify game files through steam, and it always says there are either 6 or 3 files that need correcting, and it never goes away.

What am I doing wrong? If this isn't the right place to post, where do I post for help?

I am not sure where to post this, and I am getting frustrated. I am trying to run the Vox Populi mod, and I can start a game just fine, but the moment I settle my first city, hard crash to desktop. I try to verify game files through steam, and it always says there are either 6 or 3 files that need correcting, and it never goes away.

What am I doing wrong? If this isn't the right place to post, where do I post for help?
Welcome to the jungle... Why not ask here? I guess you asked yourself frequently enough. Fortunately I do not know this problem myself, and had no problems with Steams file checks. Still I suspect your problem may be related to your CiV install, rather than VP.
Anyway, in the "New Version - 3.10.11 (September 19, 2023)" thread many CTDs are reported, too. So maybe you can find sth there. Feel free to ask there, maybe that's better, because it is much traffic there. Good luck.

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

I've got another one question. I'm continuing to play a king game for Russian Catherine. There's a Chine and an India with me on my continent. Hm ... I'm restarting the current game on this map in a third time. First two attemts was unsaccessful - acccording to my falts in game. This is actually my first civ5 game in Vox Populy. :) In this game - my current third attempt - I tried to fix all mistakes of my missunderstatning and gaming. And to 10th - 11th century - my country is in first place in all demographic positions. the other AI players got for all three or four World Wonders - and the other all are mine. I know 5-6 more technologies than the others. In previous games one of my mane istakes was - to allow AI to take the territory and build cities on strategic resources - that I cat actually take. And in those games in about 12 - 13 centuries I've started to aggressively convert chineeze cities in my Eastern orthodaxy. So I guess chineeze became mad on me for that and at the end declares war on me. As I've already said in this time I've tried to avoid this mistakes - and I guess it's successful. So now it's a 13 th century in the game , I'm still first in all demographic params. I've not tried to convert any other religion city to my religion (My Game score is ~1600 against ~800 Chineeze). But anyway Chineeze became very angry of me (For "agressive Worl Wonders building", "Religion Differences", "wanting my territory" and so on) and declares a war. So i'm trying to understant what;s the real trigger for Chineeze to start a war in 12 - 13 Century no matter of external conditions. ?

Hey Guys, I think I'm missing sth here. Can I play with more then 20 City States on the map? Seems like advanced setup wont allow it no matter what size of the map I chose. But then when I enter it from fast start screen I see its on 24 city states initially (after picking huge map), but as soon as I touch the slider its again 20. Also I think I've read somewhere you are not suppose to play with more then 20 CS anyway. Can someone clarify that. Thank you.

@anastazjasz : the game cannot manage more than 64 "empire" at the same time. This count any major, any minor (CS), and one for barbarians.
The limit of 20 max CS only applies to the "43 Civ" version of VP : 43 (major) + 20 (CS) + 1 (barbs) = 64.
Check if you are playing on the 43civ version of VP. If you are not, I can't help you further.

@anastazjasz : the game cannot manage more than 64 "empire" at the same time. This count any major, any minor (CS), and one for barbarians.
The limit of 20 max CS only applies to the "43 Civ" version of VP : 43 (major) + 20 (CS) + 1 (barbs) = 64.
Check if you are playing on the 43civ version of VP. If you are not, I can't help you further.
Ahhhh I wasn't aware how it works (I knew that must be a limt just didnt realize the mechanics of it). Yes, I'm playing on 43 civ version. I'm gonna change it now, don't like battle royal so much anyway, way more prefer a lot of CS to play around with.

Thank you for your help.

Anyone have any ideas whats going on here with this worker? 23 turns to make a village seems. extreme

Spoiler the worker in question :

1698015630299.png

Anyone have any ideas whats going on here with this worker? 23 turns to make a village seems. extreme
POW and epic speed?
this one needs 8t on standard, means 16t as POW x 1.5 => 24t! Should be correct, if you play epic.
village8t.jpg
edit: Build Statue of Zeus to avoid POW status

Last edited:
Just noticed @4CV that your worker is also in a forest. Did you build Terracotta and have you gone Progress ? This would total 50% improvement rate, so 12 turns => 8 turns. If not, there is something strange there.

EDIT : just noticed the "movement" promotion on your worker, you've definitely gone Progress.

Reactions: 4CV
worker is in a forest, it has to clear it first, which take the remaining turns.
im still pretty surprised its 23 turns for a village, i dont know how the scaling for POW's works, clearly it goes from 4 turns to 7 turns to chop a forest, but then it goes from 7 turns to 16 turns to build the village?

POW reduce improvement rate by 50%, half efficiency so double time.
Base chop time is 4 turns => 8 with POW,
Base village time is 8 turns => 16 with POW.

You probably started construction, then noticed it was a lot and stopped it to check. Next turn you check again, you already spent one turn to remove the forest, which left 23 turns (7 for chop) remaining.
...Thought I doubt it, your worker don't have full moves.
but then it goes from 7 turns to 16 turns to build the village?
Base village build time is 8, not 7, so 16 is double. There is something wonky with forest, though. Unless base chop time is 3.5 rounded up to 4, and double gives 7. Need more information here.

POW reduce improvement rate by 50%, half efficiency so double time.
Base chop time is 4 turns => 8 with POW,
Base village time is 8 turns => 16 with POW.

You probably started construction, then noticed it was a lot and stopped it to check. Next turn you check again, you already spent one turn to remove the forest, which left 23 turns (7 for chop) remaining.
...Thought I doubt it, your worker don't have full moves.

Base village build time is 8, not 7, so 16 is double. There is something wonky with forest, though. Unless base chop time is 3.5 rounded up to 4, and double gives 7. Need more information here.
gotcha, that all makes sense. I think i had started construction and then looked bacl to check something, i cant exactly remember though. i stopped playing for a bit after because i was so confused. i had also for some reason thought build times in general were large, like 10 turns on plantation seemed high, but the added context here helps a lot

Just noticed @4CV that your worker is also in a forest. Did you build Terracotta and have you gone Progress ? This would total 50% improvement rate, so 12 turns => 8 turns. If not, there is something strange there.

EDIT : just noticed the "movement" promotion on your worker, you've definitely gone Progress.
thank you for explaining. I had completely forgotten the turns needed for chopping the forest. You are right, I built Terracotta Army (+25% tile improvement speed). And I took Progress/Organization. But the description there says only "+25% prod towards workers and trade units", nothing of faster tile improvements. :confused:

Top Bottom