From Vanilla to Complete. Need pointers.

After screwing the Mac players like usual, I guess they decided it had been long enough. I finally got my hands on the expansion packs! Well, I know there's a lot of updates to things, particularly artillery actually being useful. Basically I'm just looking for some pointers that I can take advantage of now with all the upgrades. Also I'm slightly rusty because I hadn't played Vanilla in over a year, but I know the basic stuff like road every tile and I generally CxxC.

I cant get it here in oz, when i got told that the Mac Civ Complete was coming out i got so excited now cant find newhere selling it in Australia... and artillery is definately useful in vanilla!

The first thing you'll notice is the changes in unit support. The second thing will be that great leaders spawned from Elites can't rush great wonders anymore. More will come, but those two were my biggest obstacles.

In Conquest bombers are lethal, that is a big change. Free tech for the first to learn Philo as well.

I tried to skim through Alexman's C3C corruption article but it's a little too dense for me. I'm not really interested in the math behind it but just what to do with the FP now. So what should I do with the FP now? And the SPHQ in commie?

Put the FP anyplace really. In C3C it is not important for much other than the increased OCN.

Don't go commie and then you do not have to deal with the HQ.

Top Bottom