Future Worlds

I have no idea. Anyone please...

But im noticing you are still doing it wrong at line 88
.....AND Description NOT NULL")") do
It should be
.....AND Description NOT NULL") do

And, its nothing to do with futureLua.lua
That thing is doing well. The "getcitymapdatas" is coming from CityNearbyMapDatasV4.lua line 960
Solid, thanks!
@Andy0132, you could try using the compatibility patch.
I found multiple compatibility issues between the 3 major eras mods so I made that patch.

Unfortunately a side effect of having additional era mods is balancing. Research speeds, production requirements and the rate at which time passes all need to be fine tuned, however I do not have the time to do so.
But I made it easy for anyone to tune them. If interested, details are here.

Good luck
Perfect, I'll download it once I get home from school!

Problems.
1) The SwarmEffects function in FutureLua.lua just worked for me. It aint work for AI (the unit aint killed in the end of turn).
2) I cant build Bioenhancement Centre (BIOMOD_TANK) if i have cyber clinic in my city. Is that necessary?

I solve this problem for me, that was a improvement who have a null value to "description" so a function in the script can't index this field.
I look into the database (search in the forum if you don't know how to do) in the "improvements" table and found that CiD add a dummy improvement for machu pichu who do not have description. Maybe another mod for you do the same thing.
So after, with my poors but existing programmer skills, I found that :
In the line 88 of "CityNearbyMapDatasV4.lua" you have this query : ("SELECT ID, Description, Type FROM Improvements WHERE BarbarianCamp = 0 AND Goody = 0 AND PromptWhenComplete = 0 AND Type != 'IMPROVEMENT_CITY_RUINS'")
that query select improvements and send them to the function who index the "description" field and make the error.

So if you found a improvement with a description value to null you must add it in exception into the query like that :
("SELECT ID, Description, Type FROM Improvements WHERE BarbarianCamp = 0 AND Goody = 0 AND PromptWhenComplete = 0 AND Type != 'IMPROVEMENT_CITY_RUINS' AND Type !='NAME_OF_THE_IMPROVEMENT'")
and to be sure in line 84 modify the other query :
("SELECT ID, Description, Type FROM Improvements WHERE DestroyedWhenPillaged = 0 AND PillageGold > 0 AND Type !='NAME_OF_THE_IMPROVEMENT'")

I guess you can also found and modify the improvement to add it a description.

But if you say you have this same error without another mod that's really weird because to the line 1105 you do not have another function and the only function index two fields Type and Description, to know that Type can't be null.
I can not guarantee that will fix you crash to, I still have CTD after this fix every ~200 turns with Future Worlds (and a lot of other mods in same time) but not game breaking CTD, reloading 2/3 turns back 1 to 3 times and game continue, annoying but playable.

Dang mate! I was refreshing the mod files, and this error returns.
Runtime Error: C:\Users\DK\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Future Worlds (v 6) A2\Lua\CityNearbyMapDatasV4.lua:1105: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

I was just activating the FW mod and Ingame Editor mod.
What did you add to the lines 84 and 88 to solve that problem?

Is anyone still playing civ 5? :O
I just knew if the multiple happiness from sanctuary dummy aint working.

Code:
        <Row>
            <Type>BUILDING_FW_SANCTUARY_DUMMY</Type>
            <BuildingClass>BUILDINGCLASS_FW_SANCTUARY_DUMMY</BuildingClass>
            <Cost>-1</Cost>
            <FaithCost>-1</FaithCost>
            <GoldMaintenance>0</GoldMaintenance>
            <GreatWorkCount>-1</GreatWorkCount>
            <Help>TXT_KEY_BUILDING_FW_SANCTUARY_HELP</Help>
            <Description>TXT_KEY_BUILDING_FW_SANCTUARY_DESC</Description>
            <Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_BUILDING_FW_SANCTUARY_PEDIA</Civilopedia>
            <Strategy>TXT_KEY_BUILDING_FW_SANCTUARY_STRATEGY</Strategy>
            <ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_BUILDING_FW_GARDEN</ArtDefineTag>
            <Happiness>1</Happiness>
            <MinAreaSize>-1</MinAreaSize>
            <ConquestProb>50</ConquestProb>
            <HurryCostModifier>0</HurryCostModifier>
            <IconAtlas>CIV_COLOR_ATLAS_FW_2</IconAtlas>
            <PortraitIndex>31</PortraitIndex>
        </Row>

It should be:
<UnmoddedHappiness>1</UnmoddedHappiness>

Is anyone still playing civ 5? :O
I just knew if the multiple happiness from sanctuary dummy aint working.

Code:
        <Row>
            <Type>BUILDING_FW_SANCTUARY_DUMMY</Type>
            <BuildingClass>BUILDINGCLASS_FW_SANCTUARY_DUMMY</BuildingClass>
            <Cost>-1</Cost>
            <FaithCost>-1</FaithCost>
            <GoldMaintenance>0</GoldMaintenance>
            <GreatWorkCount>-1</GreatWorkCount>
            <Help>TXT_KEY_BUILDING_FW_SANCTUARY_HELP</Help>
            <Description>TXT_KEY_BUILDING_FW_SANCTUARY_DESC</Description>
            <Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_BUILDING_FW_SANCTUARY_PEDIA</Civilopedia>
            <Strategy>TXT_KEY_BUILDING_FW_SANCTUARY_STRATEGY</Strategy>
            <ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_BUILDING_FW_GARDEN</ArtDefineTag>
            <Happiness>1</Happiness>
            <MinAreaSize>-1</MinAreaSize>
            <ConquestProb>50</ConquestProb>
            <HurryCostModifier>0</HurryCostModifier>
            <IconAtlas>CIV_COLOR_ATLAS_FW_2</IconAtlas>
            <PortraitIndex>31</PortraitIndex>
        </Row>

It should be:
<UnmoddedHappiness>1</UnmoddedHappiness>

UnmoddedHappiness gives Global Happiness rather than Local Happiness, just fwiw. Ofc if the tooltip says it should be Global then yea it needs fixing :p

Check this out :
http://store.steampowered.com/stats

By the way, does someone (a brillant one) will make Future Wolrds compatible with VP/VP-EE one day ?

:exasperated[FAMILY_FRIENDLY_FORUM]:

Check this out :
http://store.steampowered.com/stats

By the way, does someone (a brillant one) will make Future Wolrds compatible with VP/VP-EE one day ?

LOL, i dont see any civ 5 in that stats X-P

UnmoddedHappiness gives Global Happiness rather than Local Happiness, just fwiw. Ofc if the tooltip says it should be Global then yea it needs fixing :p

So, how to use multiple happiness for local then?

Anyway, it seems like the ActivePlayerTurnEnd aint work for AI players. The SwarmEffects function aint working.

So, how to use multiple happiness for local then?

Anyway, it seems like the ActivePlayerTurnEnd aint work for AI players. The SwarmEffects function aint working.

The Happiness column just accepts an integer value; you put 5 in it, it provides 5 happiness. The limit on it is the City Population; Local Happiness cannot exceed the population of the City, whereas Global Happiness transcends this (and as such is far more valuable).

And yea, ActivePlayerTurnEnd sounds as though it'd only fire for the Active Player - the human. PlayerDoTurn is the conventional "Do this every turn" GameEvent, and fires for all Players.

The Happiness column just accepts an integer value; you put 5 in it, it provides 5 happiness. The limit on it is the City Population; Local Happiness cannot exceed the population of the City, whereas Global Happiness transcends this (and as such is far more valuable).

And yea, ActivePlayerTurnEnd sounds as though it'd only fire for the Active Player - the human. PlayerDoTurn is the conventional "Do this every turn" GameEvent, and fires for all Players.

Oh right. I was completely forgetting local happiness cant be higher than city pop.

Any idea how to make a function to fire at the end of turn for computer players?
And how about Game.GetActivePlayer()??? Is it working only for human player too?

Last edited:
Oh right. I was completely forgetting local happiness cant be higher than city pop.

Any idea how to make a function to fire at the end of turn for computer players?
And how about Game.GetActivePlayer()??? Is it working only for human player too?

I believe Game.GetActivePlayer for most intents and purposes gets the ID of the human: it probably does something slightly different in MP but w/e. As I said, if you want something to fire for every Civ in the game, you use GameEvents.PlayerDoTurn

I believe Game.GetActivePlayer for most intents and purposes gets the ID of the human: it probably does something slightly different in MP but w/e. As I said, if you want something to fire for every Civ in the game, you use GameEvents.PlayerDoTurn

Yup, finally i fix it.
Anyway, i would like to release my own patch of this FW mod. Do you think, i ll need Mischa's permission?
His last activity was on Jun 19, 2017 tho o,O

Yup, finally i fix it.
Anyway, i would like to release my own patch of this FW mod. Do you think, i ll need Mischa's permission?
His last activity was on Jun 19, 2017 tho o,O

I don't see why you can't release your own independent patch, if it's just editing stuff; reuploading the whole mod might be a bit more iffy, but I don't think it should be necessary. Plus you've been around for a while, and so people will probably recognise you (more than they recognise certain other people working on other patches...)

I don't see why you can't release your own independent patch, if it's just editing stuff; reuploading the whole mod might be a bit more iffy, but I don't think it should be necessary. Plus you've been around for a while, and so people will probably recognise you (more than they recognise certain other people working on other patches...)
Actually, its a mod with dependency of future world V6. People would need the FW v6 to use my patch.

Numbers on the left are the current players playing as of I took the image.
Numbers on the middle are the count of the most players played TODAY.
Texts on the right, of course, is the name of the game
Civ V is standing strong as Top 16
Meanwhile Civ VI is standing as Top 18
Ups. You know what? Me bad!!! X-P
I just saw the top 10. Not view all of the top 100 most-played games.

Actually, its a mod with dependency of future world V6. People would need the FW v6 to use my patch.

That'd be how I recommend, yea

Hey, I've been having a bit of trouble with this mod. I'm running it with a few other mods, like Enlightenment Era and YNAEMP. Strangely, when I start a new game with Future Worlds enabled, all the barbarians scattered across the world are Future era units. No idea why this is happened. Has anyone encountered this before and knows how to fix it?

Top Bottom