Giving away cities

Does anybody know the rules for giving away cities? I'm trying to use a tip I'd heard about giving away a useless city so that the enemy won't attack me. I imagine it's distance-based. Any other restrictions? Also, how much of a benefit is it? Does it just use the +4 our trades have been fair and forthright, or is there a seperate (hopefully permanent) benefit?

You'll also get "you liberated our city", for something like +1 which is permanent I think. Also if you can spare more than one settler that benefit can go higher, although the maximum might depend on the leader, I don't know. I can remember having at least +3 from "you liberated our cities".

Ooh, in that case, I might want to try abusing this with an IMP leader. Cool. Who says you can't buy friends :lol:

the city needs to be relatively close to the AI land.
In SGOTM 12 (or 11?) we used this (it's now spoiler free since it's not current SGOTM).

I think it was something like 9 tiles to nearest cultural borders.

The actual gifting can be done through diplomacy screen (you should have cities available for gifting in white, compared to red for non available) or through F1 city screen where is that little red fist in the right down corner.

Awesome, thanks. I imagine that's like 15 for huge...

Top Bottom