Global Conflict Scenario

JediPimp

Chieftain
WW2 World Global Conflict is a fictional Scenario for WW2 1939 Mod.
view of world.JPG
New Version 1.09 now available June 31 2007
DOWNLOAD

Version 1.09
*added tile improvements in Europe
*More Units for Japan and Germany
*RSA starts as Vassal of UK

Version 1.07
*strengthened Japan USA and UK
*Improved Historical accuracy

Version 1.06
*take a look at the nations standings in 1940 July
view of starting rankings.JPG
*Thanks to pertinent remarks of LUKO the new version strengthened USSR and USA they now have more cities more buildings and more units
*Japan is now in a permanent war with UK and China thanks to ASIO's remarks
*Added about ten cities to Soviet so now after start they should quickly grow into a super power
* If the Reich is subdued and canada australia and india gain freedon from UK the new Powers should be USA and USSR maybe Japan too
* Game starts with beginning of French collaboration (June 1940) and ends 1949or50 near 500 turns played in weeks

Version 1.01

The beta testing is over

The scenario is surprisingly realistic !
*added starting units and buildings
*permanent war between axis and allies
*Japan controls Korea and part of china
*japan at war with USA and China
*India is now a vassal of GB
*Fixed city names

New Version 0.18 now available
*added the tile improvements and big powers start at war in 1940
*improved game balance Hitler and Churchill are leaders by a safe margin

Playable 17 civs:
1-3rd Reich
2-Vichy France V
3-Great Britain
4-Argentina
5-Soviet Union
6-Australia V
7-China
8-Italy V
9-Mexico
10-Turkey V
11-USA
12-Canada V
13-Japan
14-Brazil
15-South Africa
16-Egypt V
17-Arabia V
*V means it's a Vassal state but it is still playable

The year is 1940 rewrite history, win peacefully or storm your enemies with your Waffen SS or NKVD.
The big powers start at war and have vassal states on 120 by 60 world globe map it can be a bit lagging.
Special thanks to the team (ASIO) that made the World War 2 1939 MOD with all the great civics and units.

To install
You need Warlords patched to version 2.08 to play

Than install the great:
WORLD WAR II 1939
A CIVILIZATION IV MODIFICATION
Version 1.15bBeta for Warlords 2.08 have been released

Just run the installation file and setup it to your mods directory in warlords.
By default it installs to C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Mods\

After installing the MOD you can play the 3 scenarios that come with it.
To play Global Conflict download the file at the bottom link.

The Scenario is a world builder save and should be extracted to:
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Mods\ww2 1939\PublicMaps

Start Civ Warlords load a mod (WW2 1939) play scenario

GLOBAL CONFLICT DOWNLOAD 1.07

*Listen to your suggestions.
*Historical accuracy is important but game balance more so.

28 June 2007 -
* Trying to see if the nations rankings will be realistic when played with USA on Monarch in 1949 (8years later)
It would be greatly appreciated if some one tried it out too with USA or USSR to see
if these 2 Mega Powers will emerge and the Axis will collapse.

Working on Newer version and if you have an opinion on how it should look, please share it

Shouldn't USA and USSR be stronger and UK weaker?

I think that before WW2 UK was the ultimate power with all the control of the colonies and the commonwealth during and after the war USSR and USA emerge as Mega Powers,
TAKE A LOOK
Desert.JPG

I bet as the war goes on Soviet will pick up and already Canada that was previously vassal of UK switched to vassal of USA during game.
Try it a bit longer give it a shot with USA or Axis at Monarch/Epic

I have a question should there be permanent war between Japan=> and China and/or UK?

About the wars - it depends to you
The game would be for sure interesting with permanent wars (is it possible to make peace with turning looser to vasal?)

The ww2 worked liked that - no peace before ultimate victory so i think you may turn on it this way

But on the other hand - it's more about replaying not rewriting history - so the decision is up to you

I think that before WW2 UK was the ultimate power with all the control of the colonies and the commonwealth during and after the war USSR and USA emerge as Mega Powers,

UK was very strong but it was still weaker than USSR or especially USA (42% of World's military strength while Third Reich + Japan 18%).

UK was very strong but it was still weaker than USSR or especially USA (42% of World's military strength while Third Reich + Japan 18%).

Thanks for remarks they were good give a try now and tell how it goes but you must play maybe 50 to 100 turns for USA and USSR gain full strength.
Like it happened in real life in my opinion the scenario now starts in June after the French capitulation and start of collaboration.

I appreciate your remarks i hope you have other improvement ideas.

here is a picture of the citie i added to game start for Soviet
map of world.JPG
i also added 2 Canadian cities and Alaska so Canada should gain independence from UK quicker i think it happened in 1933 not sure
do you think i should make them vassal of USA instead
and give South Africa to UK in exchange making USA even stronger

About the wars - it depends to you
The game would be for sure interesting with permanent wars (is it possible to make peace with turning looser to vasal?)

The ww2 worked liked that - no peace before ultimate victory so i think you may turn on it this way

But on the other hand - it's more about replaying not rewriting history - so the decision is up to you

Your wise guidance is very appreciated my Jedi master
i implemented the changes you suggested permanent wars
thanks
and yes once a vassal gain independence you can sign peace the perm war is only between the masters

I don't know how it works on balancing (still don't have more time to play more turns :sad: ) but historicly canada and australia and south africa should have the same politics what great britain and of course india has (so you choosed good making them vassals:) ) - they were in defence alliance, commonwealth, they have/had the same leader

and with some period of time they would get more and more independence :)

I don't know how it works on balancing (still don't have more time to play more turns :sad: ) but historicly canada and australia and south africa should have the same politics what great britain and of course india has (so you choosed good making them vassals:) ) - they were in defence alliance, commonwealth, they have/had the same leader

and with some period of time they would get more and more independence :)

That was in the old version
but i did some research and they had the status of Westminster since 1933
so now Canada and Australia are independent
but not India they can gain their independence though

However when i played with USA, Canada offered to become vassal of USA pretty cool
I launched a small offensive on Japan with marines was fun
us offensive.JPG

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/86947/Vlad.zip

By strengthening the other nations it has left the 3rd reich ranked only 5th in power. they should be top 3 ideally

One other thing, I see that Britain has p38 lightnings and p47 thunderbolts, shouldnt they have spitfires and hurricanes instead?

During WWII 3rd Reich had much luck and blitzkrieg.

3rd Reich hadn't had luck but very skilled soldiers and good generals suck as Rommel, Manstein that + the doktryn called blitzkreig made them win so many battles

I bet as the war goes on Soviet will pick up and already Canada that was previously vassal of UK switched to vassal of USA during game.

Are you sure that Canada is a vassal of UK? I checked it after some turns and Canada was a vassal of USA :/ (I was UK)
I think that South Africa and Australia should be UK vassals. (they had "independence" but only theoretically) Also I don;t think that Italy should be German vassal. It's better to make it free nation or include into Reich (and use free spot to make Spain).

Why there isn't placed any wonder? Shouldn't London be 1 title toward east? Shouldn't European terrains have more improvements? (i.e. road connecting coal in Britain) Shouldn't UK have weaker army in Britain? (now it's able to take Paris after building 1 transport ship)

Are you sure that Canada is a vassal of UK? I checked it after some turns and Canada was a vassal of USA :/ (I was UK)
I think that South Africa and Australia should be UK vassals. (they had "independence" but only theoretically)
Statute of Westminster for all these countries was given in 1930's
official independence.
However RSA becomes USSR vassal in begging so ill will see maybe they'll be UK vassal as for the other two it works out well the way it is they have more than half of UK land and an alliance with USA is not so bad

Also I don;t think that Italy should be German vassal. It's better to make it free nation or include into Reich (and use free spot to make Spain).
It's either Italy or Spain i prefer the detail of units of the Italian nation

Why there isn't placed any wonder? Shouldn't London be 1 title toward east? Shouldn't European terrains have more improvements? (i.e. road connecting coal in Britain) Shouldn't UK have weaker army in Britain? (now it's able to take Paris after building 1 transport ship)
I will make more European tile improvements and put more troopsfor Axis and Japan in the next version thanks for remarks

By strengthening the other nations it has left the 3rd reich ranked only 5th in power. they should be top 3 ideally

One other thing, I see that Britain has p38 lightnings and p47 thunderbolts, shouldnt they have spitfires and hurricanes instead?

I will certainly give tanks and planes to reich in next version thanks

Top Bottom