GPuzzle's Civs

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland​

Leader: George III

UA: Glory in the Name of Britain: Gain :c5goldenage: Golden Age points whenever a :c5citizen: Citizen is born or a Land Unit kills an enemy Unit. During :c5goldenage: Golden Ages, :c5production: Building and Unit Production is increased by 50%.

UU: Greenjackets: Gatling Gun replacement (Skirmisher with Enlightenment Era). During :c5goldenage: Golden Ages, gains +1 :c5moves: Movement and may move after attacking. Has more :c5strength: Combat Strength while outside of Friendly Territory.

UB: Spinning Mule: Windmill replacement. Unlike the Windmill, the Spinning Mule can be built anywhere, and it grants +1 :c5gold: Gold on Sheep, Cotton and Silk, doubled if the City is on a River. In addition, the Spinning Mule increases :c5food: Food kept after a :c5citizen: Citizen is born by 1% for each Farm, Plantation and Pasture worked, up to a maximum of 20%. 5 Spinning Mules can be used to unlock an Ideology.

The finalized design for George III, by the way. The Greenjackets were changed after some deliberation to Skirmishers/Gatling Guns thanks to them being the archetypal Skirmishers - mobile, trained in thinking for themselves, making use of natural cover and camouflage, moving quickly and swiftly, firing harassing shots with precision. Hell, that's why they have their green jackets.

That's why they became harassment units that can quickly enter and evade combat rather than Riflemen/Line Infantry - they're not those, really.

I just love the fact that you can have an early ideology. It doesn't look easy (5, really) but it's in theory fehasible.

I think it should be reduced to four. Five would be hard if you don't settle many cities or conquer much. Plus getting an early ideology isn't always that good. If other civs have higher tourism, you'll just become very unhappy and and need to switch anyway.

I think it should be reduced to four. Five would be hard if you don't settle many cities or conquer much. Plus getting an early ideology isn't always that good. If other civs have higher tourism, you'll just become very unhappy and and need to switch anyway.

I am a bit confused. Are you agreeing or against early ideology?

Anyway, I think the design is great as it is. As I think there's other benefit from the UB even without the free ideology; and taking free tenets from another guys who have strong tourism isn't necessary a bad things.

I mean, at least you have a tenet when you realize someone far more influential choose something else.

I just don't think the bonus is that strong to be so hard to get. It's fne in lower difficulties, but when the AI is guaranteed to have more tourism than you most of the time, it loses some of its strenght.
On the other hand, if you're using EE, ideologies at Windmills is far too early.

Cloth Mills worry me since there's a massive overlap between both. Maybe a later Windmill, alongside the Cloth Mill? The English still were the main exporters of cloth even after others started their industries.

I think it'd be weird if they were unlocked aside each other, given that the development of large scale Cloth Industry depended on the earlier invention of the Spinning Mule. I definitely think that the UB needs to be earlier than the Cloth Mill.

Regardless, I think the rest of the design is fine - though have you considered swapping the abilities of the Greenjacket around? You could give it the Foreign Lands bonus when in Golden Ages and have the movement abilities be unlocked by default. That way the unit retains the mobile skirmisher aspect even outside of GAs.

I just had a look, and Windmills unlock just before Cloth Mills which are in turn just before Factories. As it is, it's fine.

In the meantime, have a man who really needs a hand.

Spoiler :

Between the Pedrobeard, the Palais Royal in the background, and the hand joke, I can't think of anyone else it might be.

Ah, yes, the hand jokes. I'm a terrible person.

It's also the first mod that has most of the art done by me in Leaderscreen, Leader Icon, Civ Icon and Building Icon. Unit Icon, Model and Alpha, as well as Civ Alpha are from Firaxis, while I still lack a map (which I also lack for Georgie and Ben Gurion).

It's also the first mod that has most of the art done by me in Leaderscreen, Leader Icon, Civ Icon and Building Icon. Unit Icon, Model and Alpha, as well as Civ Alpha are from Firaxis, while I still lack a map (which I also lack for Georgie and Ben Gurion).

I might be able to do a map for Leopold-era Belgium (passionate about it for some reason). Would you want just Belgium or that and the Congo?

Belgium, the Congo and Ruanda-Urundi.

Interesting to see another Belgian Congo civ is in the works - any words on how Leopold II is going to differ from Howard_Tafty's upcoming civ? (asides from the different leaders :p)

Interesting to see another Belgian Congo civ is in the works - any words on how Leopold II is going to differ from Howard_Tafty's upcoming civ? (asides from the different leaders :p)

Kingdom of Belgium

Leader: Leopold II

UA: Heart of Darkness
Purchased tiles have a chance to reveal a luxury resource and yield +1 :c5gold: Gold, or +2 :c5gold: Gold and +1 :c5production: Production if adjacent to a river. Improving a luxury resource yields :c5production: Production based on its distance from the :c5capital: Capital.

UB: Manoir (Replaces Bank)
The Manoir, unlike the Bank, yields +1 :c5gold: Gold and +1 :c5production: production on Plantations instead of the regular +2 :c5gold: Gold. Additionally, the Manoir reduces the :c5gold: Gold cost of purchasing new tiles in this city based off of its distance from the :c5capital: Capital.

UU: Carabinier (Replaces Rifleman)
The Carabinier, unlike the rifleman it replaces, receives a +15% :c5strength: bonus against enemy units with at least one adjacent enemy. Furthermore, when trained on another continent to the :c5capital: Capital, the Carabinier receives the 'Force Publique' promotion, granting it double :c5moves: movement adjacent to rivers and a 25% :c5strength: bonus against weaker units.

Courtesy of Urdnot_Scott!

...Wasn't Ruanda-Urundi only under Belgian control from 1916 to 1962, whereas Leopold died in 1909?

I actually didn't check that until just now, so just Congo Free State.

Infringing on my claims I see? This calls for an insurgency campaign the 16NP style!

Top Bottom