Handicapping

Heretiv

Warlord
What would people suggest is the best way to level the playing field in a Civ 5 multiplayer game?

I have a group i have played with however (ahem) I am a little more skilled in the game than most of them.

Woudl simply having the better player start on 'Emperor' difficulty rather than 'Prince' be sufficient?

You play difficult civ to use like Ghandhi and they play OP civs like Shoshone, Attila, Spain, Babylon, etc.. That should do it.

Your third pop in every city must be a citizen. (Deal with it)

Alternatively, give all your luxuries away. Always.

Just come up with some rule that makes life super difficult for yourself.

Just play more... eventually they'll catch up...

And give them some feedback at the end of the game... stuff you did to beat them.

show them how crappy they are and pawn em 1 vs3

Or act as tommynt : play against a 18 year old boy (merle) & Loose the game 10 time in row, but, of course cry because:
-he moves faster than me :( (computer mistake)
-the map is unbalanced :( (random generator mistake)
-I had no luck this time :( (yeah for real...)

however, I am the best ;) !
Keep on make us dream Tommynt ! <3

Moderator Action: This is trolling. Please do not focus on other posters but instead stick to the topic of the thread.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

haha so much envy for some1 not even playing anymore?

grow up boy - its just a game - even when u spend half of your life to it and still are pretty bad.

Moderator Action: Please report posts that focus on you. Answering them is trolling.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

haha so much envy for some1 not even playing anymore?

grow up boy - its just a game - even when u spend half of your life to it and still are pretty bad.

Moderator Action: Please report posts that focus on you. Answering them is trolling.

Challenging people on there credentials is part of debate (because they use it) and fact checking is sometime necessary. :)

Back to initial topic : play with other people than your friends, there are very good people in NQ group, even if tommynt does not say so. Then, try to beat Tommynt in duel (very good player). Then try to beat merle (and loose :cry: ).
kisses

In addition to playing a weaker civ, my suggestion would be that you are not allowed to initiate a DOW, that you are not allowed to build UN, and that you may not win via SV. (If you want to build the parts to show off, fine.)

Your third pop in every city must be a citizen. (Deal with it)
Alternatively, give all your luxuries away. Always.
Just come up with some rule that makes life super difficult for yourself.

These seem okay, but it would be better if the game could enforce the rule. Waiting some number of turns before you can plant your city is easy and a one time thing, so that is nice. It would probably have to be at least 20 turns though!

Is there any way to give certain human players an extra settler? Extra gold? It would be really nice if each player could get a different bonus. Is there a way for all players to start out with lots of gold? The experienced player would be expected to give his away ASAP.

Or play at NQ.

Playing with friends >> playing with strangers at NQ.

Another good handicap would be that you must go Piety. That should nerf you pretty bad.

Although with Venice, there are a few odd ways to cook the settings for them: such as do a deity duel, east vs west, all game elements. The 4 CS will spam units, and as Venice you focus on building up gold quickly with trade routes to buy CS on the other landmass. You get merchant from optics and merchant from Liberty, flip 2 CS when they have huge armies, and buy the CS next to opponent's capital. Your army (assisted by the unit spamming CS) will be overwhelming, and the CS will pillage all the opponent's tiles. The timing on this is during Medieval.

The opponent facing this must either cripple the CS early or quickly make them allies. Like steal their first worker, and keep stealing the new workers so they are not spamming units.

Top Bottom