I need a conservative from Illinois to do me a big favor

Good news here: Duckworth has opened up a steady double-digit lead over Kirk. The average of the past 7 polls in the 538 database shows a lead somewhere in the low teens (link). Granted this consists of 4 SurveyMonkey polls, two actually reputable pollsters, and one unrated one, but they all paint the same picture. Her odds of winning according to 538 polls-only are currently 95.9%, ahead of a variety of safe seats: Michael Bennet in CO, John McCain in AZ, and even the Georgia and Louisiana contests. This race is effectively over.

I like it.

Our current system of voting has too many flaws to name. One of which is that third party movements are difficult to start, sustain, and gain representation even if a large minority of the population supports them. Another is that a large majority can be opposed to a candidate, but that candidate can still win if the votes are split.

We should be allowed to have a ranked voting system. Bet you most of the Johnson and Stein supporters who want to show support for those candidates, and other independents, would have ended up voting several names before Trump.

I'd vote for the hyper conservative from Utah before voting Trump. You'd seriously get liberals voting conservatives and conservatives voting for liberals before Trump got elected. But because our voting system isn't ranked, here we are.

I would rather work across the aisle with an independent conservative or a libertarian like Ron Paul or Gary Johnson. Keep in mind, all of those people would oppose 99% of what I want to do.

The difference being, they're not a bunch of racist nationalists who use the term ******* every other sentence. That's your average Trump supporter, if the internet is any picture into their uncensored brains.

Anyway, sidetracked. Goodbye, Kirk. You won't be missed even by members of your own party. They'll run someone better than you next time. It's basically impossible not to.

Anyway, sidetracked. Goodbye, Kirk. You won't be missed even by members of your own party. They'll run someone better than you next time. It's basically impossible not to.

I wish. When Obama was running for Senate here, the Republicans, after some stumbling with various scandal-laden candidates, ended up with a guy so bad that the Republican party around here was actively campaigning against him. Kirk has been one of the better Republican candidates lately, I'm sad to say.

Top Bottom