Ideas and Suggestions

I read somewhere here (but I don´t remember where) that you were discussing a possibility to replace barbarians with aliens in very late eras but the problem was that there would be no invisible place for them to spawn. It´s just occurred to me that from time to time you could destroy a randomly chosen city of little population, destroy all the units around it with a nuke and then in place of the city you could put an alien camp/aircraft that would generate quite powerful units.

I read somewhere here (but I don´t remember where) that you were discussing a possibility to replace barbarians with aliens in very late eras but the problem was that there would be no invisible place for them to spawn. It´s just occurred to me that from time to time you could destroy a randomly chosen city of little population, destroy all the units around it with a nuke and then in place of the city you could put an alien camp/aircraft that would generate quite powerful units.

Thats a nice idea:goodjob:

So i think this can be done via lua, at least i hope so, my lua coding skill isnt that good.
But this is something for the coming development team.

Idea/suggestion pre-historic/ancient policy

i read about your humanity policy tree, but i thought maybe a nomadic/sedentary makes for a more realistic social policy

nomadic reducing the amount of workable tiles by 2(or 1) rings, but giving 1 food per tile outside the workable radius, also big bonus for bonus resources (living of the land, not intensively working on big farms), extra movement for prehistoric/ancient units

(strong early, weak later due to improvements becoming more productive in time)

sedentary reducing building and tile improvement time, also make farms more productive, cheaper low tier cultural buildings

(weaker early, but makes it up by not reducing the amount of workable tiles and stronger improvements)

of course they can not be active at the same time

i hope you like my idea :D

Idea/suggestion pre-historic/ancient policy

i read about your humanity policy tree, but i thought maybe a nomadic/sedentary makes for a more realistic social policy

nomadic reducing the amount of workable tiles by 2(or 1) rings, but giving 1 food per tile outside the workable radius, also big bonus for bonus resources (living of the land, not intensively working on big farms), extra movement for prehistoric/ancient units

(strong early, weak later due to improvements becoming more productive in time)

sedentary reducing building and tile improvement time, also make farms more productive, cheaper low tier cultural buildings

(weaker early, but makes it up by not reducing the amount of workable tiles and stronger improvements)

of course they can not be active at the same time

i hope you like my idea :D

We always like ideas:goodjob:

Gilga pretty much handles the actual policies, so I'm sure he'll get to you on it. However, later today after work I was going to start adding names to policies that are currently numbered, so any suggestions as to titles would be great help.

Nice suggestions, some will need whowards dll mod to work correctly. (Tile range)
But without massiv changes (lua/DLL) there is no way to reduce the range of work able tiles and to give yields outside of your border.

For the others, i could use some dummy buildings to make this working.
Iam always open mind for better names, when modding, names doesnt have priority in the first time, the important part is that all works as intented.

Sedentary
[opener]
reveals wheat/banana/fish

[1-1]
free laborer

[1-2]
tipi provide 1 more culture

[1-3/2-3]
+50% faster tile improvement

[2-1]
50% faster era 1/2/3 cultural buildings

[2-2]
+2 production per city and +10% wonder build speed

[finisher]
wheat/banana/fish give 1 more food

Nomadic

[opener]
reveals deer/bison

[1-1]
free warrior

[1-2]
+30% combat vs barbarians

[1-3]
all units recieve 10 hp after a kill

[2-1]
deer/bison give 1 culture

[2-2]
camps give +2 production

[2-3]
+1 movement speed, land units (era 1/2/3)

[finisher]
+1 LoS​

i tried balancing a bit, but i suck at it :D
take from this what you like (or use it in whole)

Sedentary
[opener]
reveals wheat/banana/fish

[1-1]
free laborer

[1-2]
tipi provide 1 more culture

[1-3/2-3]
+50% faster tile improvement

[2-1]
50% faster era 1/2/3 cultural buildings

[2-2]
+2 production per city and +10% wonder build speed

[finisher]
wheat/banana/fish give 1 more food

Nomadic

[opener]
reveals deer/bison

[1-1]
free warrior

[1-2]
+30% combat vs barbarians

[1-3]
all units recieve 10 hp after a kill

[2-1]
deer/bison give 1 culture

[2-2]
camps give +2 production

[2-3]
+1 movement speed, land units (era 1/2/3)

[finisher]
+1 LoS​

i tried balancing a bit, but i suck at it :D
take from this what you like (or use it in whole)

Some may work, some needs a lua work arround and some otheres dont work.
F.e you cant give +1 movement to units only related to one era.
Improvents can only be grant by technologies, you can use a dumy tech and some lua code to ignore this.
Thanks for the suggestion, i will look what i can do.

Please just tweak tech costs and game speed so I'm not just getting out of prehistoric by 500 BC and just hitting classical at 500 ad

We have made a script to spawn barbarian units. Now they will change by era (with help from a mod by Leugi to change names) from savages in prehistory to aliens by the late eras(with different ones for each era)

First of all, I have to say what a great project this is. It already incorporates some of my favorite mods like Emmigration and Health & Plague.

I have some recommendations for some more mods to incorporate into the Community Call to Power Project. (of course with the author's permission)

1. The first mod is Revolutions by Gedemon. (also his cultural diffusion mod is required for Revolutions and so they should be incorporated together.)

In the first few games that I played, I had several rebellions on hand that I needed to deal with. Seperatists forces were gaining strength in my cities and constantly declaring war against me. I realized then that I had to be smarter about my empire's happiness levels and had to make sure that my population growth and city expansion did not get out of hand before I had the technology needed to improve the civilian infrastructure that improved happiness. Rebellions and revolts are something that all historic empires had to deal with.

I think that Revolutions would be an excellent addition to the Community Call to Power Project.

2. I notice you listed that you had Reforestation mod incorporated into the project. what about the Global Warming mod by FramedArchitect. That mod adds disaster events to the end game that gives people more reason to replant forests.

3. Another mod that I really think goes well with this project is Events and Decisions by Sukritact. This adds Events that come up during gameplay and may lead to interesting choices for the player. The other thing that it adds is Decisions, which can be can be enacted after certain criteria are met and have different effects on the civilization. I would love to see this incorporated into the project.

4. Finally, I want to recommend that you contact JFD about adding his proposed mod 'Piety and Prestige' to this project. He hasn't released anything, but it works with Sukritacts's 'Events and Decisions' mod, and what he has written sounds great.

I may have more recommendations of mods that I think would be perfect for this project at a later time.

Thanks for the suggestions. We'll have to see what Gilga thinks.

:rolleyes:
Did i hear my name, ok more seriously.

For the moment we are near a mayor update of CCTP.
For that we need to look if all the changes and adjustings are working and no big problem is bugging us.

Thats said, i thought time ago about the incorporation of the Global Warming mod and also i have an eye on Sucritakts great mod.

For the Revolution mod, iam not realy sure about it, i played it in the past and liked it, but it can be a very long way to incorporate into CCTP.

The priority of CCTP in the next time will be little things, like flavor rework adding missing text and icons.

Also to try to balance the whole mod more together, if this is done and the core mechanics are working without bugs, then we can might think about new addons.

I know that there are SOO many things to do and bugs to fix etc... but once that is ready and you are about to launch 405, maybe you can consider this:

ASSASSIN.

That can either be a unit, or third option for a spy.

If it is a unit, the movement is only 1, regardless of the terrain. They must move stealthy. They can assassinate only civilian units or great persons.
In forest, jungle, mountains and cities it is easier, than in open.
Once the attempt is made, assassin can
1. kill the target and not get caught
2. kill the target and get caught (=> Very angry civs)
3. miss, but not get caught
4. miss and still get caught (=> angry civs)
5. kill the target, die himself too, but not get caught ( = identified)
6. kill the target, die himself too and get caught (=> angry civs)
7. miss, die, but not get caught
8. miss, die and still get caught (=> angry civs)

Assassins can be obtained through tech and/or a wonder (Assassins guild) at Renaissance era.

The other way to create an assassin could be to use a spy as an assassin. He could then kill great people and civilian units, that are placed in the city. Again you would need a tech and/or wonder to obtain assassins.

Just an idea for you folks... :scan:

I won't give away all the details, but here's a list of most of the decisions(titles) so far:

City Starvation (if more than 2 cities starving)

PREHISTORIC:
Festival (new year)
Dragon God (people see something in sky the take for dragon)
Foreign tribe discovered (if you have scout)
Exiles seeking asylum
Dino Bones (they find some big bones)
Earthquake
Tribal Culture

ANCIENT:
New Tax
Animals harass farmers (requires trapping)
Code of laws
Irrigation techniques
Tribal customs
Polluted water (city w/o aqueduct)

CLASSICAL:
Threatening Barbs
Holy empire (if religion created)
Naval engineer
Magistrates
Royal Kidnapping
Scheming Senate

MEDIEVAL:
Peasant management
Diplomatic Marriage
False religions (must have religion)
Night watch
Guilds
Dark Age

RENAISSANCE:
Art Movement
Sanitation
Anti-Salve Movement (slavery policy branch required)
Church-State
Plotting general (must have general)
Enlightenment

INDUSTRIAL:
Industrial Revolution
Plotting Nation
Puppet freedom (puppet city required)
Prison reform
Embezzling minister
Rail strike (railroad required)

MODERN:
Terror attack
Forest protest (lumber mills required)
Military funding
World hunger
Economic collapse
World War (if a majority of civs are already at war)

POST MODERN:
Social change
Nuclear reduction (uranium required)
Designer drug
Bio-Weapon
Oil collapse

FUTURE:
Mars base
Asteroid strike
Off-planet prison
Solar storm
Weather control

Any other ideas are welcome.

And here's a list of the most random event titles:

Migrant Tribe (settler)
New luxury discovered
Minerals overmined
Gold boost
Nuclear meltdown
Terrorist bombing
Employment boom
Maket crash
Baby boom
Exodus
Classical ideas
Slave revolt
cultural age
Industrialization
Diplomacy event
Strategic resource event
Alien attack on city
Rogue army
City State diplo event
Unit event
Great person assassinated
Flood
Tornado
Blizzard
Sandstorm
Forest fire
Torrential rain
Drought
Hurricane
City Revolt
Rebellion

A lot of the random events can have outcomes that are either good or bad

I was wondering if you already had strikes? Union wanting better work conditions, or more pay or holidays, happiness etc. That could effect the whole economy, or only transportation or factories, or some other field depending which union wants that.

There is also one case that is popular right now for example in Finland. People want to legalize same sex marriage. In game that could maybe increase tourism, or culture, but then would affect negatively faith. That's happening in Finland too, people are signing out from church, because the head of Lutheran church was actually pro gay marriages.

By the way, do you have already Red Cross or Unicef type resolutions? Since now that the game has disasters, maybe there is a way of helping the disaster victims? I am not sure how to actually make this in game, but at least a thought for you to think about further.

Top Bottom