Inner Sanctum Documentaries

Inner Sanctum Documentaries said:
"The creation of a wonder dedicated to light might seem strange for a super awesome civilization based on the Tao of the Ninja, as the perception is that Ninja's prefer the dark. This is simply not true - Ninja's work best in the shadows, striking from where they are unexpected and snatching the prize right from under the noses of imperialistic running dogs.

We create a beacon of light to speak for the thousand points of light, of all the community organizations that are spread like stars throughout the Cult, doing good. We illuminate the people and the programs that are the brighter points of light, and we ask every member of the Cult to become involved. The old ideas are new again because they are not old, they are timeless: duty, sacrifice, commitment.

Personally I just like it because it lights to way home from the pub after closing time.

Real men leave the pub when the sun has risen again.

Originally Posted by Inner Sanctum Times

Offer Peace says GW...
Smash them All says Krill..
Build wonders Says Ronnie...

Give me an order says Memphus...

After the Tri-fecta of Wonders which satisfied Ronnie;
And Peace with Cav & MS, after unfortunate mishap earlier in the game which satisfied GW;
And the craziest play ever...vote won by AT, which satisfied Krill;

What else could we do to shock the world?

If you remember:

Spoiler :

...we have discovered that the craps tables we installed are making people happier, and funding scientific research for many of our residents - including, oddly, the ballerinas.

Our Ballerinas got quite upset. They had no Music to dance to.

As such, funded by the craps tables, the SANCTA'n scientist got to work, feverishly, in the middle of a war none the less, to find a way to discover this so called Music.

The task at hand?

Out research thier current war rival which had a 3 tech lead in the race!!! :eek:

However with focus and dedication, such as the Ninja way, we have pulled off another miracle in this game.

SANCTA is proud to announce the birth of Raphael

as the first team to discover Music

Let the Ballerinas rejoice!

Spoiler :

Memphus:
Maces...what Maces? :wow: Oh yes a war is happening...thanks guys...at least Ti Kuan Yuan (formerly) Angle now in the proper hands, will have Walls and some Longbows to shoot from them. Zero our front line city, will have to rely on it's troops which have been fortified there for a long time. And Moral. With Proper Moral an Axe can take a Mace anyday! :run:

But more importantly...Now that our Ballerinas are happy, how do we find a way to ride those horses or elephants we have?

Over 200 words....and yet:

1. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Originally Posted by Inner Sanctum Times

This is SANCTAN war reporter Clete "The Dread Ninja" Roberts, embedded with the SANCTAN Barbarian Suppression Forces, somewhere on the front lines of the Kazahkstan-SANCTA conflict. Morale, recently so low, is high here after a mighty victory.

The recent successes of the SBSF in adding the great city of Ti Kuan Yin to the growing empire and the ensuing border war with Kazakhstan had been good for the men

Unfortunately doubts as to the sanity of SANCTAN leadership with rumors of Kaz super weapons had begun to eat at their confidence. While at first their was speculation about reasearching this Music...Seeing some of the superweapons (men in armor with odd looking weapons of iron balls at the end of sticks) brought further unease to the forces here, offset only a little by the arrival of the new more powerful bows, but morale hit a nadir recently, as a large force of these armored behemoths, accompanied by men on horses, men with machines that threw rocks - and, off in the distance, men on elephants. SANCTAN counsilors were rumored to be in a tizzy, with leaders AT and Ronnie urging for a strong defense.

The fear - not just for their lives, but for the thought of not being able to protect the brave pioneers who's lived were in their hands - was palpable, even numbing.

Then came rumors of a great sea battle in the East, of victory against all odds, and the urge to strike these arrogant invaders rose. Hearing of this, Counsilors Krill and Memphus concocted a plan and tasked a leader named Geronimo, to lead our forces. The attack was greatly successul and we welcome Geronimo as our Great General.

We expect that to be the battle cry for our soldiers every time they jump into hopeless odds from now on. They seem to do that a lot...

I talked with GG Geronimo about the battle:
Dread Ninja Roberts: General Geronimo, how do you explain the success? Some of those attacks seemed to shear suicide attacks, yet they succeeded?"
GGG: Well, Clete - can I call you Clete? I worship at altars of the old gods of the Triple Alliance - Ra, Nemesis and Gaia - and they can affect the outcomes. We think the Kaz forces were confused that they were being attacked - or perhaps they just weren't used to their new weapons - or, quite possibly, one of the gods just decided to be arbitrary.

This is Clete Roberts, somewhere in the fields (or woods, or hills, or river) near the front lines, signing off."

A few typos...but absolutely hilarious!

If we tech Music will we also get access to this thing called "luck" (not known of in Kazakhstan, sounds like voodoo to me)

Our buildings will now enjoy the benefits of steel reinforced foundations!

Inner Sanctum Documentaries said:
ISD would like to apologise for the break in service, due to the ongoing celebrations. Normal service should resume shortly

Well, that was unexpected.

This is a SANCTAN News Leak:
From the furtive transcriptions of a secretary hidden in the curtains (Update: Now mysteriously dead of natural causes)

Krill leaned back in his chair and put his feet on the desk. “Well Memphus, after finishing getting my office moved, I’m like super bored. We need to find something interesting to do.”

Memphus, after managing to squash a yawn struggling for freedom, responded “Yeah, I know, ever since that amusing war-game at TKY I’ve been, like, you know, twiddling my thumbs in boredom. Have you tried that new opera, according to rumor it’s not all that bad.”

“Nah, I know Charge of the Ninja Axe Brigade, is patriotic, and part of the way of the ninja and all that, but really, ninja ballerinas with axes, really? Who in their right mind would do that?”

“Well I had too after I let Iamjohn and Ronnie1 try to do that whole ninja feast day thing, AT was not happy when that smell settled around his villa, and with that thing with the trireme that AT did I couldn’t say much you know.”

Krill gave a glare Memphus “You were the one who approved that? Did you even bother to look at that weird fruit those two knuckleheads stockpiled from jungle? I had to buy a whole new wardrobe after that debacle, and I don’t even know how they didn’t go unconscious from the smell after they started throwing it at each other.”

“Well you weren’t the only one who had to endure hardship, I had to move the whole capital, that stupid fruit they started throwing everywhere made a weird smell I couldn’t get out of palace no matter how many scientists I ‘encouraged’ to clean it up.”

Krill sighed, “Well as long as you had to endure as much inconvenience as me. Still though, that opera AT’s obsessing over is weird Memphus, I need to something to distract me from that sound.”

“Yeah, just the thought of Ninjas singing is weird. Well if it’s that hard on you go figure out how to make the rest of the scientists happy, they aren’t all that delighted after I made their buddies go clean up that mess Iamjohn and Ronnie made.”

“Hmm, sounds like an interesting idea, maybe if I threw some more money at them, shouted at them a couple times they’d do something worthwhile. And that weird lighthouse they’ve been obsessing over for awhile finally got one them to get off their butts and do something now that I think about it too, maybe he can do something useful, or at the very least come up with some sort of idea how to remove that horrid smell.”

“Well it’s worth a shot- toying with people is fun, you want to see if you can research liberalism? The peasants will like pretending they have a choice after we forced them to keep on living in that town after we stunk it up so horribly then left.”

“Who is saying we?” Krill restarted glaring at Memphus for including him in the newly dubbed Deathfruit controversy.

Memphus ignored him and continued prattling on “But won’t the little people be surprised when we start randomly selecting people to fight! Heh, researching liberalism is sounding better and better!”

Krill paused glaring temporarily and considered- “Hmm, we might have to stop allowing them to eat, maybe mass transporting some of the population again, enslave some more, you’re right, this might be interesting to consider for an afternoon.”

“Hey they should be used to it by now anyway.”

Kaz has just intercepted this transmission from Inner Sanctum to Iamjohn and the few remaining ninja generals at the SANCTA front lines. It seems that Lord Vader isn't too pleased with the loss of TKY. ;)

Awesome pic ... "I find your lack of faith disturbing Admiral" :nya: (where is the Vader smiley? :lol:)

Top Bottom