IOT Flag Thread

Returning the thread to function because I have come across something I wish to use in a future IOT: the flag of Anadyr.

Edit: there is also the flag of Zheleznogorsk!

New flag of the US because of the homosex agenda.

Spoiler :

So I had some time and spent it designing flags for truly independent, Republican, Australia and New Zealand.

Australia

This flag reproduces a Southern Cross in golden seven-pointed stars that represent the Federation.
Gold and green are the national colours of Australia, and the black stripe is an acknowledgement of the aboriginal peoples.

New Zealand/Aotearoa

This other flag reproduces a Southern Cross as well, introduces black and acknowledges the Maori heritage
with the white stripe that symbolises a Long White Cloud, which is the meaning of the Maori name for it: Aotearoa.​

That one is actually based off of two official long list designs, one for elements and arrangement, the other for colour scheme.

I like the first one more; honestly Aqua never seems to sit well with flags (sole exception is Argentina, and that's just really light blue, let's be fair).

We need to use those flags not just in a NESIOT game but as a suggestion for the question of a new New Zealand flag: good job JK! :goodjob:

Am I the only one who likes the new proposal? I mean there are a lot of issues with the referendum but I don't think the symbolism or appearance of the proposal itself are among them personally...

Am I the only one who likes the new proposal? I mean there are a lot of issues with the referendum but I don't think the symbolism or appearance of the proposal itself are among them personally...

I do confess to liking the fern design.

In other news, in case of competing Platonic Republics, I have designed a new flag for a Platonic Republic.

Potential new Platonic Flag.png

May do new versions (make the symbol smaller, use different shades of blue and yellow etch) but the idea was to use a "Atlantis symbol" (I just Google imaged search "Plato symbols) as a substitute for the blue, green and red tricolours surrounded by yellow that was of the traditional flag design I used for both one of LH's games and IOT14.

It's not terrible per se (I mostly oppose the presence of more than 3 colours), although the fern is a bit complex to draw for a flag element. If the new proposal was the red quarter one, or the current eliminating the red star-filling, I'd be okay with it.

I mainly dislike the fern flag for the use of blue. Blue and black together, especially that particular shade of blue, urgh.

As for JoanK's flags... ehh, better than most published proposals, anyway. For the NZ one in particular, I really don't think cyan works. I'd just go all black with the centre white stripe.

Top Bottom