IOT Organisational and Discussion Thread

The Update Police incident was me trying to get a set of orders in an important region :p
And that one person gives the whole chat a bad taste.
I highly recommend you avoid that chat if you haven't been there.

The Update Police incident was me trying to get a set of orders in an important region :p
You were acting anonymously yelling, for us, random things. what did you expect?
And that one person gives the whole chat a bad taste.
I highly recommend you avoid that chat if you haven't been there.
You know, if you have a problem with 1 person, ignore him and talk to the rest or stay out but now you're just being an ... about it.

Taillesskangaru, would you approve a Byzantine empire ruled by a danish King and Darth Vader?

Here are my drafted bonuses for the 5 nations in Avatar: the Middle Kingdom (note, every statistic with a bonus is rounded up):

Waterbender: +50% research bonus when researching Navy Techs, +25% combat bonus for Navies, +25% attack bonus against Firebenders

Earthbender: +25% defence bonus against all other nations, +25% attack bonus against Airbenders

Firebender: +25% research bonus when researching Army Techs, +25% on Army production, +25% attack bonus against Waterbenders

Airbender: ???

Energybender: +50% combat bonus against all other Benders. However, only ONE Energybender nation is allowed for every 20 players.

And yeah, I need some help for Airbender bonuses.

Air benders should be + versus water, and some other bonus I can't think of.
Firebender: +25% research bonus, +25% on Army production, +25% attack bonus against Waterbenders
I spy contradiction.
Also, remove army production buff.

Remove earth bender bonus against all nations. Replace with a claims/income buff.

I spy contradiction.
Why? The Firebender bonuses are a research bonus, an army production bonus, and a bonus when attacking Waterbenders.

Remove earth bender bonus against all nations. Replace with a claims/income buff.

In the show, though, Earthbending is based on waiting until the enemy is at a weak point, then attacking decisively, which I translated as a defence bonus.

But maybe I should give the bonus to the Airbenders, and do what you suggested. I'm not sure.

They also have the biggest country and the most massive city on the planet.

Why? The Firebender bonuses are a research bonus, an army production bonus, and a bonus when attacking Waterbenders.

well, the point is, besides that fire doesn't beat water, that Firebenders has a bonus against Waterbenders and vice verse.... they cancel each other out.

I still needed to do something to balance the game out.

my suggestion

Waterbender: +50% research bonus when researching Navy Techs, +25% combat bonus for Navies, -##% less casualties (because of the healing power of water)

Earthbender: +50% research bonus when researching Land Techs +25% defence bonus against all other nations, +##% when building infrastructure (because of the massive city that AA mentioned)

Firebender: +25% research bonus when researching Army Techs, +25% on Army production, +25% attack against all (well they are an aggresive nation)

Airbender: +50% research bonus when researching Air tech +25% combat bonus for Aerial warfare .......... I don't know.. they don't really fit the Airbenders since they were very peaceful...

Energybender: +50% combat bonus against all other Benders. However, only ONE Energybender nation is allowed for every 20 players.

Airbenders: -100000% at defending against firebenders.

For the time being, I don't really want to include Aerial units (at least in the beginning), since in my background, the world was knock back to pretty much the Iron Age after a cataclysm.

How about access to Air Tech 1 from the beginning?

airbenders: sticks and buffalo
firebenders: blimps
Earthbenders: They can make rock float, they can figure something out.
waterbenders: ^

Top Bottom