Iran, the Red Sea, and the West (tm).

The South Korean economy is directly tied to the United States. Come on.
No, the military bases, IMF loans, and minimum foreign currency reserves mean nothing, you silly goose.

Greece sent a ship to protect Israel.

Israel:

(Jerusalem, a few hours ago)

:p

So what exactly happened here?
I am not a practicing christian, but surely arresting (looks more like abduction by thugs) the consul's bodyguard (who should also have diplomatic immunity?) inside the church during a holy day for orthodox christians (resurrection of Christ) is about the stupidest thing Israel can do.
What's the excuse for arresting him, then?

If anything, you'd expect them to be cautious and avoid so public (and easy to go viral) acts against christians, since that is a term synonymous with the west that they have to rely on for support.

Last edited:
What I'm seeing here now is a lot of whining and crying about your siblings, to carry the analogy made earlier, (fellow citizens in this analogy) are pointing out that mom and dad are garbage people. USA needs to live up to its own purported values better, and the best way to start is to stop being hegemonic and duplicitous (ie do not sign a Geneva Convetnion while committing some of the worst war crimes of the 20th century in Korea).
At least you have the freedom to moan all day about your government without being taken away.

USA doesn't "need to" do anything. It's gonna look out for its interests, it would be nice if it was more ethical but whinging doesn't make you superior, you benefit, want to cry go make more ethical decisions yourself or help overseas

one can moan all day long because it is on the periphery your finest have long been busy . Like all it took was a Trump to bring them back home for a little primer .

At least you have the freedom to moan all day about your government without being taken away.

USA doesn't "need to" do anything. It's gonna look out for its interests, it would be nice if it wcapitol as more ethical but whinging doesn't make you superior, you benefit, want to cry go make more ethical decisions yourself or help overseas
Ok first off people have been taken away right in front of your eyes repeatedly over the course of your lifetime. You have two misconceptions going on here... One is that repeatedly arresting protesters or counterintelligence operations are not examples of "being taken away", that misconception is just clearly wrong. Second, how many Chinese nationals have you talked to about this? The reality is you can ***** an awful lot in China before you are "taken away". This is also clearly jsut a misconception of reality there on your part.

Now you are doing the thing where you lecture someone about protesting to effect change and posting online for "not doing enough". There seems to be no way one's actions could satisfy your take here.

Also, not US's interests, USA Inc.'s interests... big, big difference.

Second, how many Chinese nationals have you talked to about this? The reality is you can ***** an awful lot in China before you are "taken away". This is also clearly jsut a misconception of reality there on your part.
I've read a lot of Chinese history, not spoken to many people in China about their government, I did speak to one YouTuber in China about it and he carefully changed the subject

Have you spoken to many?

Greece sent a ship to protect Israel.

Israel:

(Jerusalem, a few hours ago)

:p

So what exactly happened here?
I am not a practicing christian, but surely arresting (looks more like abduction by thugs) the consul's bodyguard (who should also have diplomatic immunity?) inside the church during a holy day for orthodox christians (resurrection of Christ) is about the stupidest thing Israel can do.
What's the excuse for arresting him, then?

If anything, you'd expect them to be cautious and avoid so public (and easy to go viral) acts against christians, since that is a term synonymous with the west that they have to rely on for support.
At this point they are not rational. Going to smash Rafah whether there's a hostage deal or not. They have got away with everything since 1948 so have no reason to stop now.

Last edited:
Opening up a conflict with the west/christians is just so opposite to Israel's interests currently that it still amazes how reckless they are. If they wanted to arrest that guard so much, they could have waited for the ceremony to be over and do it outside (Resurrection is analogous to Christmas).

I've read a lot of Chinese history, not spoken to many people in China about their government, I did speak to one YouTuber in China about it and he carefully changed the subject

Have you spoken to many?
A few. They have more speech than you' seem to think, I would not like it, but then I do not like our repression either. Your post just seems to indicate you think people just disappear for saying the slightest thing. Maybe I misread you.

Iran is much worse generally for example...

A few. They have more speech than you' seem to think, I would not like it, but then I do not like our repression either. Your post just seems to indicate you think people just disappear for saying the slightest thing. Maybe I misread you.
I too am not a fan of our repression or western culture in general (but I'd take it over most of the alternatives)
Iran is much worse generally for example...
I'm sure it is

Tell that to the American university students who were arrested for protesting against Israel.

The level of delusion and disconnect shown by people who put on the same level a flawed democracy with an authoritarian state, kinda says a lot about the subject and the problem with mindless ideological fanaticism.

The level of delusion and disconnect shown by people who put on the same level a flawed democracy with an authoritarian state, kinda says a lot about the subject and the problem with mindless ideological fanaticism.
Once again, nobody's doing that. The repeated attempts to make up peoples' positions for them, however, says quite a lot about the subject and the problem with ideological fanaticism. Or reading comprehension, I guess.

Maybe I'm not the one with reading comprehension problem then.
Unsubstantiated negativity is something to be avoided, and is in fact something you allegedly don't like.

I guess you're fine with it! Or maybe it's only bad when you're the target, who knows.

Do you have anything to contribute on the topic beyond straw?

Maybe work on being unable to read the past few posts rather than projecting your own petty behaviour on others, that would help with contributing with anything more than straw.

delusions in CFC is set aside for those who propagandize non-stop that the outcome of WW II will be changed and stuff be re-arranged without consequences .

Tell that to the American university students who were arrested for protesting against Israel.

Nonsense, they should be encouraged - protesting is what students are good at, ....well that, and getting drunk in the middle of the week.

From Monday, students at Ghent University will have an occupation. In doing so, they demand an academic boycott of Israel. Koen Bogaert, professor at the same university, will be there.

I doubt anyone will be arrested, the protests are well organized, public and police have been informed.

Last edited:
Maybe work on being unable to read the past few posts rather than projecting your own petty behaviour on others, that would help with contributing with anything more than straw.
Can't work on reading things you're only obtusely referring to. Let's recap, eh?
  1. You came in (with no news) and attributed a false position to posters here.
  2. When challenged, you provided no evidence or discussion value.
  3. And then again doubled down (just now).
The cherry on the cake is this is all behaviour you react very poorly to when directed at you. Hypocritical, too. That thing you also allegedly dislike.

Always a pleasure, Akka. I'll take my leave of this tangent now, but I just wanted it clear for other folks reading.

I doubt anyone will be arrested, the protests are well organized, public and police have been informed.
I believe we have a dedicated thread for it now, but the US protests are also incredibly well-organised. The response has been (sadly predictably) unhinged.

Top Bottom