Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I don't know, and don't really care

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Only by order of our radioactive monkey overlords

Votes: 5 12.5%

• Total voters

ShiplordAtvar

Texan by the grace of God
In your opinion, can we, both individually and in our relations with others, be perfected?

If so, any idea how?

If not, any idea why not?

If you're thinking "a little of column A, a little of column B," why?

We can't, but that shouldn't stop us from comming close to it, which we certainly should be able to do in the not-too-distant future.

No we can't. By definition, man is always going to be riddled with imperfections (at least, that's what my gf tells me).

Originally posted by Perfection
Nope, noone besides me can be Perfect, as noone besides me can be me.

Does the word narcisism ring some bell in your head? 1-0

Perfection in one mind may not be perfection to another. Inherent differences in beliefs and ideas will always impede perfection in relations with other people. Not to mention the fact that by nature, man is a vile, insolent and generally evil creature

Originally posted by ShiplordAtvar
In your opinion, can we, both individually and in our relations with others, be perfected?

If so, any idea how?

We all reach perfection, it's called death.

Man can't be perfect, there's always something that could be better. If you can get perfect man in future, it wouldn't be perfect next century:p

I would have to disagree with a lot of what is being said about perfection. In my mind, something that is perfect is perfect always, no matter the changes in society. Something cannot be perfect at one point if it does not remain perfect the next. That just seems to be part of the definition of perfection, IMO.

Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic man. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.

didnt he run in slow mo

A perfect man is no longer a man.

We already are perfect.
We've survived cold climate though we have no fur, we've survived hot climates even though we dehydrate easily, we've survived famine and flood, we've mastered the top of the food chain even though we have no formidable teeth nor claw nor fang, we've survived predators though we have no natural defenses and worst yet best of all - we've survived each other.

Any creature as resilient and as impossible to kill such as man is already perfect. On the grand scheme of things, man as a collective group and a species is perfect. On the level of individuals - it is our different strenghts (or weaknesses) that make our species perfect.

Top Bottom