Is what I've heard about bisexuality true?

Eukaryote

Deity
I've heard that bisexual people are less shallow than other people and less caring about looks and sex because that fact that somebody's bisexual means they are attracted to people, not their genders and the sexual things they can do with them. I don't belive that, I think bisexual people are just like the rest of us, but is this true?

No. It's a stereotype.

Bisexual people are individuals and differ from each other.

Dont know, all I know is bisexuality is sexual attraction to both sexes.

How could anyone answer such a question?

Last time i checked im pretty sure they are human too.. and therefore individuals.

People are still people regardless of what sex attracts them.
Its like saying gay women only go for butch women - planly untrue.

CruddyLeper said:
No. It's a stereotype.

Bisexual people are individuals and differ from each other.
Nice and consise. You mods can lock the thread right here.

Having discrimination in who you play with (sexually) is not "shallow". It's called "having descriminating taste" and it's a good thing, IMO.

Red Stranger said:
I heard they're just greedy.
So wrong. If anything they give twice as much.

Red Stranger said:
And receive twice as much.
When you work twice as hard you should get paid twice as much.

Sadly, Bisexuals are not accepted by both the heteosexual and homosexual communities. Streights believe that they are just permiscuous or disease ridden while Gays believe that they are in denyal and want to hold onto the heterosexual privlage. IMO, Bis usualy have to bear a heavy cross from steryotypes and generalizations from both sexual orientations :(.

Note, this is just from what I have heard in reading in wikipedia's article.

skadistic said:
When you work twice as hard you should get paid twice as much.

Obviously it's time for a sex tax. We cannot allow bisexuals to form an elitist upper class!

...Ahem.

Obviously it's a stereotype, like others have said. However, there's no reason not to suspect that on average, they have different traits than others. Wether depth would factor into these traits is not something I would know; I don't specialize in sexuality as it relates to psychology.

Why can't people just be sexual?

Red Stranger said:
If only that's true in the economy :(.
Work a 40 hour at 1x pay then work a 80 at 40x1 +20x1.5 + 20x2. Not quite twicw but preaty darn close.

I heard that bisexuals were from the planet zog and had antlers......

i mean seriously what were you thinking???? why would you even possibly consider that bisexuals should have thoughts any different than the rest of us???

CivGeneral said:
Sadly, Bisexuals are not accepted by both the heteosexual and homosexual communities. Streights believe that they are just permiscuous or disease ridden while Gays believe that they are in denyal and want to hold onto the heterosexual privlage. IMO, Bis usualy have to bear a heavy cross from steryotypes and generalizations from both sexual orientations :(.

Note, this is just from what I have heard in reading in wikipedia's article.
It had the ":(" in it?

Not acceptance due to sexual orientation (or any other non-chosen attribute) is indeed a sad thing.

Top Bottom