JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

Because I find it cumbersome, both to look at and to make. And the OP is not my business card; as I said, I'm not looking to advertise my work. It's here if people want it.

I didn't want to imply anything about advertisement. I just think that high quality of your civs, which is thoroughly maintained in old and new releases, could be reflected in the opening post as well. Resigning from the infoboxes (which I also find to be the best around), would be a step in the wrong direction - in my opinion at least.

We doesnt need the best OP design, we need more civs for the Empire of JFD *cough*

Yes; having to set up that infobox tends to delay my releases something.

Assuming Sukritact's infobox looks like the others, I'm surprised you don't like them. I think they're by far the prettiest of the infoboxes in the New Civs subforum.

I like them, but I don't like making them (after 40+ civs), and they make the posts so long...

I didn't want to imply anything about advertisement. I just think that high quality of your civs, which is thoroughly maintained in old and new releases, could be reflected in the opening post as well. Resigning from the infoboxes (which I also find to be the best around), would be a step in the wrong direction - in my opinion at least.

Ok, ok, you win :D You brought a Turkish Great Bombard to a knife fight.

Would you mind if I modified Template:civs to be more in line with the proper civ wiki? Wikis normally compile all the information in the infobox, then expand upon it in the body. Also, 'first' 'second' 'third' could be 'leader' 'capital' 'religion.'

That's a rubbish template. I'll delete it.

EDIT: Thought you were talking about the Civs (Civ5) one (which I should delete).

Go ahead, just keep my tags, and I don't want the full UA detailed there. How do you add links to the infobox anyway?

Adding links to the infobox can be done just like any other link. Just go [[like this]] around the thing you're linking to, or [http://likethis] if it's not on the wiki. If you want to link to a specific section (I assume you want to link to the bit on the UA, right?) go like this: [[Japan (Tojo)#Unique Attributes|Unique Ability]].

How are the infoboxes actually done? I'm sure you could draft someone willing in to help out if you provide the templates or whatever, I know I'd be sad to see them go. I usually send pictures of those infoboxes to friends when I'm trying to convince them to use mods and they're very good for that. Plus they just look pretty, and add a lot of professionalism to teh whole affair.

I've gotten Template:Civs to a level I'm pleased with. It now includes UA (just the name), UU(s), and UB/Is.

EDIT: Actually, the one issue is that it shows two UUs even when there's only one. Not quite sure how to fix that yet, but I'll check again when I'm on a proper computer.

Alright, well, I'll have to leave it for tomorrow now. My laptop BSOD in the middle of editing the wiki and now my dropbox has stopped working, and basically I'm too tired for it now. Just a heads up if anyone was expecting it soon (which it would've otherwise been).

I think we need to Kickstart a modding desktop for JFD.

Alright, well, I'll have to leave it for tomorrow now. My laptop BSOD in the middle of editing the wiki and now my dropbox has stopped working, and basically I'm too tired for it now. Just a heads up if anyone was expecting it soon (which it would've otherwise been).

That still sounds extremely soon actually.

Crowdfund JFD so he doesn't have to work and can mod for the eternity.

Uh oh, here comes the dawning of a new age of Crowdfunding ala Cities: Skylines...

The complete Meiji wiki page is making me very, very happy.

^This. Meiji has my favourite icon now. Meiji has my favourite UA now. Meiji has my favourite GG replacement now. Meiji has my favourite naval unit now. Meiji is my favourite civ now. Give us Meiji, daggit!

(The Mikasa may be a tad too powerful, though)

Top Bottom