JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

What exactly do you mean by free units? All civs start with one settler and one unit at the beginning of the game, If you are using the Cultural Diversity collection (Starting Bonuses), some of the bonuses is a free worker or settler after you create your first city.

There is exactly a topic just for Cultural Diversity. To get the most up to date information, you need to go to Discord. JFD has stopped working on JFDLC. He has released on Steam collections for Rise to Power and Cultural Diversity. There is no soundtrack for the CulDiv collection yet, but you can still use the old version.

Did you not noticed that Serbia is not up to date with the new collections: Rise to Power and Cultural Diversity? Also it is not up to date with the new YaEMP.

oh sorry, I dont care about that. I only wonder why do I seem to have the starting bias of Brazil...
I need my hills and forests with lush grasslands in the valleys beneath.
Occasional copper or gold might be beneficial instead of ivory and citrus lol

Iirc Jifford only bothers with start biases when they're pertinent to the design, so it's possible that you're being rolled by complete random.

If you wish you can investigate the code to see if there's a start bias, and change or define one yourself if so: I would imagine you would be interested in something such as

Code:
INSERT INTO Civilization_StartRegionAvoid (CivilizationType, RegionType) VALUES ('CIVILIZATION_JFD_SERBIA', 'REGION_JUNGLE');

with whatever specifics. Note that only one start bias-associated table for a given Civ will be considered by the game, so reference to any other would have to be removed.

There is no way to influence what Resources you spawn by.

As Gray hints at, you may simply be interested in playing with TSL instead. Or perhaps turning down the map gen Humidity under Advanced Settings.

If you wish you can investigate the code to see if there's a start bias, and change or define one yourself if so

So, I can just instert my own line of code and be done with it?

Thats pretty cool, thanks.
Could you tell me which exact file would need to contain said code, because I was searching them all and couldnt find anything mentioning starting bias...

Here are all the files in the mod directory:
c1.PNG

This is Core:
core.PNG

This is Lua:
lua.PNG

And Utilities:
Utilities.PNG

I havent snapped Art and Audio because I doubt what Im after is there xD

Attachments

• upload_2021-9-9_13-12-42.png
    upload_2021-9-9_13-12-42.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 60
Note that only one start bias-associated table for a given Civ will be considered by the game, so reference to any other would have to be removed.

How is it that some civs have more than one bias, like Egypt's and Hunic avoid jungles AND forests?
I have this copied from a modding guide I simply cant make work, nor understand:
"<!-- NOTE TO MODDERS: Each Civ can belong to only one of the four Start Bias categories, listed below. -->
<!-- If a Civ has entries in any of the four following tables, any entries in later tables will be ignored. -->
<!-- So... Coastal bias trumps River bias trumps Region Priority trumps Region Avoid. -->
<!-- The best practice is to pick only one of the four types (or none), for each civilization. -->[/COLOR]
<Civilization_Start_Along_Ocean></Civilization_Start_Along_Ocean>
<Civilization_Start_Along_River></Civilization_Start_Along_River>
<!-- NOTE TO MODDERS: Both single and multiple entries for Region Priority (per Civ) are supported! -->
<!-- If a Civ has one Priority, then on maps without a region of that type, fallback methods apply. -->
<!-- The fallback methods will match the given civ with a region that has the most tiles of the priority -->
<!-- terrain type. For instance, if Russia is set for Tundra priority but a map has no Tundra regions, they -->
<!-- will look for a region that has some tundra. If a Civ is given multiple priorities, fallbacks are not -->
<!-- used: the bias isn't applied when a map has none of those region types. -->

<Civilization_Start_Region_Priority></Civilization_Start_Region_Priority>
<!-- NOTE TO MODDERS: Both single and multiple entries for Region Avoid (per Civ) are supported! -->
<!-- Region Avoid only kicks in for Civs that do not have a Coast, River or Priority need. -->
<!-- If a civ cannot avoid being placed in types it tries to avoid, the Avoid has to be ignored. -->

<Civilization_Start_Region_Avoid></Civilization_Start_Region_Avoid>
<Civilization_Start_Place_First_Along_Ocean></Civilization_Start_Place_First_Along_Ocean>"

But it states that you can have multiple biases as far as I understand at least...

Edit: Ive found a modded civ, the buccaneers, that spawn near sugar.
I now only need someone to show me which file to mod and with which lines of code to be able to make my custom start bias.

Last edited:
How is it that some civs have more than one bias, like Egypt's and Hunic avoid jungles AND forests?
I have this copied from a modding guide I simply cant make work, nor understand:
"<!-- NOTE TO MODDERS: Each Civ can belong to only one of the four Start Bias categories, listed below. -->
<!-- If a Civ has entries in any of the four following tables, any entries in later tables will be ignored. -->
<!-- So... Coastal bias trumps River bias trumps Region Priority trumps Region Avoid. -->
<!-- The best practice is to pick only one of the four types (or none), for each civilization. -->[/COLOR]
<Civilization_Start_Along_Ocean></Civilization_Start_Along_Ocean>
<Civilization_Start_Along_River></Civilization_Start_Along_River>
<!-- NOTE TO MODDERS: Both single and multiple entries for Region Priority (per Civ) are supported! -->
<!-- If a Civ has one Priority, then on maps without a region of that type, fallback methods apply. -->
<!-- The fallback methods will match the given civ with a region that has the most tiles of the priority -->
<!-- terrain type. For instance, if Russia is set for Tundra priority but a map has no Tundra regions, they -->
<!-- will look for a region that has some tundra. If a Civ is given multiple priorities, fallbacks are not -->
<!-- used: the bias isn't applied when a map has none of those region types. -->

<Civilization_Start_Region_Priority></Civilization_Start_Region_Priority>
<!-- NOTE TO MODDERS: Both single and multiple entries for Region Avoid (per Civ) are supported! -->
<!-- Region Avoid only kicks in for Civs that do not have a Coast, River or Priority need. -->
<!-- If a civ cannot avoid being placed in types it tries to avoid, the Avoid has to be ignored. -->

<Civilization_Start_Region_Avoid></Civilization_Start_Region_Avoid>
<Civilization_Start_Place_First_Along_Ocean></Civilization_Start_Place_First_Along_Ocean>"

But it states that you can have multiple biases as far as I understand at least...

Edit: Ive found a modded civ, the buccaneers, that spawn near sugar.
I now only need someone to show me which file to mod and with which lines of code to be able to make my custom start bias.
The member meant tables, not certain biases.

The table inserts will be in the GameDefines file

King Richard III of England as Leader in Civ6 ?​

Good morning,

I would like to know if anyone would like to create a nice mod of civilization where King Richard III of England is leader, in Civilization 6 and post it on the workshop.

He is a famous, controversial and enigmatic enough historical figure to be present in the game, compatible with RF and GS.

I noticed that his successor Henry VII was present in a version unfortunately not counting with RF and GS. Would it be possible to make Richard III appear with specs in connection with his history and the war of the two roses?

It would be appreciated if this mod were in English and French.

I enclose a wikipedia page to have knowledge of the character... Richard III was demonized by the Tudor propaganda relayed by Shakespeare but I am convinced that Civilization 6 could give him a second chance!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_III_of_England
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_III
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wars_of_the_Roses

Attachments

• King_Richard_III.jpeg
    King_Richard_III.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 13
  • 1920px-White_Rose_Badge_of_York.svg.png
    1920px-White_Rose_Badge_of_York.svg.png
    470.4 KB · Views: 17
Top Bottom