JFD and Janboruta's Civilizations

JFD

Kathigitarkh

Welcome to the CivFanatics Imperial Embassy!

Here, you will find links to keep up-to-date with my Civilizations.
These can be downloaded on Steam Workshop or directly through my Google Drive.

For detailed information, see the JFDModding Wiki.

Information

Direct Installation
  • Download from Google Drive.
  • Unzip the contents of this into My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\MODS
  • Enable in Additional Content.

Troubleshooting

If you encounter issues, it is important that you communicate this clearly so that someone can help you. You will need the following things:
  1. Mod Version.
  2. Mod List (other mods you have active).
  3. Database and/or Lua log files. See below for instructions.
For more detailed instructions, see Discord.

How to Enable Logging

In Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI, open the file AppOptions and set the following options to 1:
  • EnableLogCollection
  • EnableDataErrorCollection
  • EnableLocalBuildCollection
Credits
  • Janboruta: Artwork (Various)
  • Leugi: Artwork (Various)
  • Sukritact: Graphics (Mali, Italy)

Last edited:
It begins.

Attitude of Hi no Moto towards the JFD Empire: traders restricted to a small rock off Nagasaki, but producing some interesting rangaku

Very interested to see what you'll do in Civ 6! I'd be more than happy to assist with any city lists/civilopedia entries, if needed.

Great, thank you! The Empire is always looking for new citizens :D Will have to see how these things pan out.
Thanks. I forgot to mention that I can also help you come up with unique units/infrastructure ideas when you decide to make new civs. I saw your work for Civ V, and I was actually a bit disappointed at myself for not contributing to the modding community at all after being so active during the times of Civ IV. I think I would like to make a comeback.

kk, so plans to add a religious policy slot are so far successful. Albeit, it requires replacing several core files because slot types are hardcoded. Ofc images are placeholders, but it otherwise seems functional.

This is disappointing because from a cursory inquiry adding new governments is possible and the UI adjusts naturally for them.

Spoiler :
20161024042608_1.jpg

Note that I added a scroll to view policy slots that are off-screen. I may need to make this more obvious in the future, so that Wildcards aren't forgotten :p

Awesome to see this kind of progress before the mod tools are even out. With any luck, the mod tools will let you do that kind of stuff with a lot less hassle.

Hi JFD.
I am a retire C++ Java programmer and now that I'm retired I would like to get my hands into modding.

After palying 2 games of Civ VI I was hoping that the agendas would give more character to all civs including custom civs. How does one come up with agendas for leaders and is the mechanism for agendas open or do can you only select from their hard coded choices?

Hi JFD.
I am a retire C++ Java programmer and now that I'm retired I would like to get my hands into modding.

After palying 2 games of Civ VI I was hoping that the agendas would give more character to all civs including custom civs. How does one come up with agendas for leaders and is the mechanism for agendas open or do can you only select from their hard coded choices?

Agendas seem quite customisable, and seem to be handled almost entirely in the database. Look there if you want an idea of how they work; be warned though, Civ 6's db isn't the simplest thing you'll ever see...

Hi JFD.

First quest. Make new World Wonder: Taj Mahal :smug:

He said C++ programmer, Kerrigan, not magician :p

But yes, as Chrisy says. I haven't really looked into agendas specifically myself, although I do know that you set specific preferences for each leader (civics, techs, and wonders).

I have so much hype for this project right now. As a history and political science nerd, your Civ V mods were what kept me coming back to the game. Looking forward to an eventual Civ VI game with nothing but Russian Czars and Soviet leaders.

Top Bottom