Just look at this and be amazed !!!

From what I can understand from the German Civ forum, his mod seems to be going in a different direction from WTP, for example with reduced micromanagement.
I have not yet played his mod either, since he has not fully released it yet. :dunno:
He wrote however that he is going to release it at some point. :thumbsup:

But a few things I know or understood:

A) His mod is based on original TAC 2.03. (Which RaR was originally also based on.)
TAC itself already has much less features and micromanagement than WTP.

B) Melcher wrote that he additionally removed specialized "Expert Units" and replaced them by "Citizen Classes".
(Poor People, Colonists, Patricians, Nobles, Priests, ... that focus on different types of work but are generally more flexible.)

That is probably the biggest change he implemented compared to TAC.
This however also implied that he had to change lots of dependent things like Buildings, Founding Fathers, Events, ...

Summary:
His mod is most likely to be described as streamlined version of TAC with better looking Screens and better Graphics. --> less micromanagement and more "eye candy"
Thus it is definitely very different from WTP, which is a heavily expanded version of TAC that trippled the amount of gameplay (features, Units, Yields, Professions, ...). --> more micromanagement and strategies

I'm very interested to see how things develop for both mods.
Me too, it is always good for community to have choices between different mods that experience and enjoy different gameplay. :)
And of course the different mods can cooperate and share their work, so everybody profits.

Last edited:
The images got my hopes up that the WTP team had decided to reduce the number of goods in the game. I thought perhaps they had noted there is very little meaning in 20 goods instead of 10, except to the new player who has yet to memorize the yields and the experienced one when he makes the mistake of making the tile yields visible.

The images got my hopes up that the WTP team had decided to reduce the number of goods in the game. I thought perhaps they had noted there is very little meaning in 20 goods instead of 10, except to the new player who has yet to memorize the yields and the experienced one when he makes the mistake of making the tile yields visible.
I think it's great to have tons of different goods. I grow whatever I find so each game is a bit different. Never get to grow everything in one game anyway.

My hopes are on a game with the graphics shown above - especially the world map - plus the content of WTP.

Hi guys, just to clarify any potential confusions.

The images that are shown are not from WTP, they are from Melcher Kürzer's personal mod.
We would definitely like to integrate at least some of his improvements into WTP, but it will be quite a bit of effort and thus take time to do so.

We currently have no plans to remove any goods or Yields, but we are planning to make some of them more important for gameplay.
(e.g. for building Buildings, using them for Health or Happiness by Domestic Market)

Did Melcher ever come back to you on that ?
No, not yet. :dunno:

A change like that would also be too big for the moment.
Things take their time and currently the situation is quite difficult ...

This is not unusual, he generally does not answer to any questions or e-mails or posts or anything else you might try to contact him. I tried it over the years several times... :dunno:

oops))) copied from Google not what is needed)))
when was he last on the forum?

The last screenshots make me very happy. however, like the very first)
looking forward to even an unfinished but playable version of his mod. and I really hope that he will agree to cooperate with our team. WTP will be even more beautiful.

when was he last on the forum?
End of Juli.
But he wrote that he might publish his mod end of the year.

looking forward to even an unfinished but playable version of his mod.
Me too. :)

I really hope that he will agree to cooperate with our team. WTP will be even more beautiful.
Well, he will most likey cooperate by sharing his mod and answering questions to his changes.
But it is quite unlikely that he will do all the work necessary for adding his changes to WTP himself.

at the end of July, the last message from him. he could read but write nothing. like me))

yes, he alone is unlikely to do anything.
but I know one German who wants to help him with this:mischief: and then others will join)):grouphug:

This is sooo amazing ... :faint:
(Those are some of the newest screenshots Melcher Kürzer had posted.)

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0617.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0617.JPG
    316.9 KB · Views: 459
  • Civ4ScreenShot0606.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0606.JPG
    382.5 KB · Views: 468
  • Civ4ScreenShot0604.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0604.JPG
    357 KB · Views: 462
  • Civ4ScreenShot0612.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0612.JPG
    335.1 KB · Views: 475
Last edited:
my thought:
  • oh look the topic it is click bait
  • ok take a look
  • wow
  • speachless

@raystuttgart, If you have been given these graphics, rather than someone making a bunch of new buildings and units to merge it into WtP (how would you even fit the doubled amount of buildings into the city screen?) - why don't you release some kind of TAC super-sub-mod with its limited amount Yields, buildings, units and events, but with the WtP DLL changes. Isn't that what Melcher Kurcher wanted to do to begin with?

... why don't you release some kind of TAC super-sub-mod ...
Because I am not interested to invest the effort for such a mod that I would never play myself. :dunno:
My time is limited as well so I rather invest my effort into my private WTP mod.

Isn't that what Melcher Kurcher wanted to do to begin with?
Melcher wanted to create his own mod.

He never wanted me to create / publish his mod and definitely never asked me to do so.
He just gave me his stuff to use it in my mod because we are modding friends and former team colleagues.

Last edited:
Top Bottom