Kingdom of the Two Off-Topics - Name Suggestions

Why should we call the 'serious' OT a Watering Hole?
They're both too serious.

Having said that, a symposion ought to be a bunch of drunk rich guys talking about love. So that's kinda closer to this Taberna nonsense?

I think Pefectionist should get to decide what the light OT is called.

Instead, we should have downtown do it. Oh wait, he's not here either. :( Okay, errrr, Mise? Dang, he hasn't been around much either. :cry:

Okay, I'll name it! :goodjob:

Major League and Minor League, Major being the one this thread is in. ;)

OT: People who argue about the same issues all day and OT: The fun one.

In that vein, Narchost-Carchost.

OT Augustus and OT Caligula?

Off Topic & Tom Petty Subforum

The Tavern and The Senate?

Indeed. I suppose what´s meant is Forum Tabernae. Forum Civilium I suppose is correct, but it´s a tautology as the forum was always for the civilians...
We could get rid of all the CFC military folk, including a couple CFC mods. :deal:

Won't fly. We don't want to single out which is the better one. Both have their purpose and role.

I don't think they indicate one being better? Just one being more mature, which is sort of the point of it all.

OT Augustus and OT Caligula?
A physically crippled fool who accomplished little over a long period of time and a mentally crippled fool who accomplished little over a short period of time? That's a lovely analogy.
Athens and Sparta?
Greece and Persia?
Rome and Carthage?
The point is that "senate" [sic] and "agora" are not even from the same civilization. It's like pairing up Jedi and their heinous antagonists the Goa'uld.

Top Bottom