Kyp's GMR Game (open sign ups)

Metaphorically, even our fishy units. :p

Gee, it never occurred to me that you might have scouted the map, or that a small defenceless city might be taken. :rolleyes:

@Tabarnak

If the persian king sends Askia mutual open border proposal, then we will return previously captured worker of the CS of Quebec to Persia.

Gee, it never occurred to me that you might have scouted the map, or that a small defenceless city might be taken. :rolleyes:

Well ofc. I just thought it fun. I actually followed that settler you sent past my lands. Sneaky sneaky.

:sarcasm:

Russia resembles a big military barrack. It possesses National Epic and Brandenburg Gate. Moreover Moscow and St. Petersberg have large production capacities. Puppets continuesly produce gold for timely upgrades of the russian army. Everything in Russia is designated for the purpose of maintaining of the russian war machine.
Currently the russian army is preparing to assault Thebes, the egyptian capital.
Askia suggests that Catherine is going for Domination Victory and she will stay restless untill capitals of all civilizations fall into her greedy hands.

It possesses National Epic

How do you know that? Can you see this wonder around the city?(if it actually appears)

Never took attention really about national wonders buildings.

@Tabarnak

If the persian king sends Askia mutual open border proposal, then we will return previously captured worker of the CS of Quebec to Persia.

Nah it's ok i'm already overloaded with workers.

His units come with high levels of promotions, and given that he stayed at two cities, with a cunning plan to surprise his neighbours with cannon while they were still fighting with samurai and crossbows, you can bet he would've put that national building in to tip the odds even further in his favour.

Yeah that makes sense. I can't see promos right so i can't tell about this part. Can you see the morale promo?

Will have to check, I haven't looked for it.

Russia resembles a big military barrack. It possesses National Epic and Brandenburg Gate. Moreover Moscow and St. Petersberg have large production capacities. Puppets continuesly produce gold for timely upgrades of the russian army. Everything in Russia is designated for the purpose of maintaining of the russian war machine.
Currently the russian army is preparing to assault Thebes, the egyptian capital.
Askia suggests that Catherine is going for Domination Victory and she will stay restless untill capitals of all civilizations fall into her greedy hands.

Everything Askia said is true, except the Domination Victory part.

Remember Russia is fighting a defensive war by eliminating the invaders who declared war on us in the first place. There shall be peace if hostile enemy is put down to rest.

Everything Askia said is true, except the Domination Victory part.

Remember Russia is fighting a defensive war by eliminating the invaders who declared war on us in the first place. There shall be peace if hostile enemy is put down to rest.

Malarkey!

First Russisa invades Japan, sure, this is understandable due to the border disputes. Then you abuse the AI to sweep up all but one Japanese city in a single turn. When we protest at having such a violent regime on our doorstep, you fail to offer any constructive solutions. Our assault on Satsuma was compelled because Catherine would not listen to reason--in fact, Catherine herself should understand, as Satsuma poses a much more direct threat to Egypt than Chengdu ever will to Russia.

Words failed, so we took our chances with war. We failed at Satsuma, and were driven back. You have now burned Elephantine to the ground, reduced our second city of Memphis to rubble, your allies are burning our island city as well, and you prepare your final assault on our capital, while your partner readies his forces against our third city in the south.

And for what? Because you abused the AI, and we failed to draw enough attention to this fact, but rather tried to address it in character. Lesson learned.

To characterise Egypt as a hostile invading enemy is a load of bollocks.

:D

Catherine has poor diplomacy skill, which has been proven again and again. Otherwise we will not be declared upon time and time again by, firstly Japan, then Rgypt, then Songhai, now China, and whoever will come next. To survive this hostile world, we must strengthen our military strength and rely on our scientific and militaristic skills.:blush:

To use our poor diplomatic skill for the last time, and to justify why Russian annex of Japanese cities alone were reasonable:

Consider Russians have invited Egypt to sandwich Japan and reap the rewards afterwards, then Russians have no excuse but give up some of the conquered cities and stay peace with limited units for defense.

Instead, we overbuilt military to counter the combined forces of Japan and Egypt, and we single-handedly overrun the combined force and the left over units are too many to up keep, so the Japanese cities are reasonable enough to be included in Russian empire. Egyptian demand of the Japanese border city has no ground as Egypt has no intention to assist Russia in the first place.

Why domination victory is unlikely? As Aztec has helped Russia greatly and we fought together since we met. We had no excuse to turn against them.

Yeah, you invited me to go 2v1 against a civ you already had the upper hand against. My honor wouldn't allow me to take such a path.

Gifted cities are not conquered cities, even if the gift is part of a peace deal--a peace deal purely made to exploit, and scrap as soon as possible.

There were never combined forces. We gifted them a few units and cash early on to try to balance the conflict. Quite soon after, Japan lost their capital and quit.

You can call it a reasonable computer if you like, but it's still AI abuse. We also asked you to consider a deal for the city to help maintain the peace, gold or lux, something, but you never gave this any real consideration.

I'm probably just tired of a game where we tear down stuff other people have built, or other people do the same to us. I don't enjoy it either way, much. DLC is another case in point, if I wasn't such a big softie certainly should have continued the war and destroyed as many of your units as possible, and puppeted as many cities. But that's not my style.

I shouldn't judge others for playing a war game as a war game. But the AI abuse was a cheap move, which I think is the part I really dislike. All else was fair play between humans.

That said, it's all old news and too long ago to go back, so like I said, lesson learned, I'll speak up if I see this kind of thing happening in game sooner. Better to just keep it clean, don't you think?

As a rule of thumb we should never take a city from the AI. Maybe a unit or 2 that don't make sense where they are but that's all(we reloaded the modern game because i killed a gs from carl when he was an AI for a turn...imagine an easy city taken when the AI doesn't put efficiently their units to defend).

Top Bottom