Kyp's GMR Game (open sign ups)

Trading city in GMR is broken anyway, because the city is auto annexed. So I'm not against banning it, just if it's mentioned earlier like any cash trade with AI is banned, I will definitely obey the rules. Or should turn need to revert, it should be brought into discussion immediately once I have done that as I thought it's just a matter of time and taking cities by force is actually better in managing unhappiness.

But the war part of CiV, I think it's not fair to discourage it in all games given all the UA and UUs are designed around that. I hate to go mass destruction of other player's civ as well, but it is one way of gaining advantage. War path was determined by the dynamics of this particular game, and if I did not take advantage of the Russian war machine, the game is not played optimally on my part, for which I will feel more guilty as human players are here in MP because of flawed SP AI.

Diplomacy certainly is another fun part of these games, but I felt I have messed up in too many occasions so I think it's not the best option for me.

Yeah, I was mixing different things there. Of course it's a war game, and I wouldn't play it if I didn't enjoy that side of it...I still do, just have a lot else on my mind I guess, probably will be putting civ away for a while soon...maybe till civ 6? Heh.

And there are definitely fun parts of diplo and role playing...and then there are times when it just feels like arguing. I guess it's probably the difference between staying in character and keeping the game in perspective, versus being a competitive player and starting to try to win points with words, particularly if things aren't going well on the battlefield. There, I think I have completed my self-civ-psychoanalysis. :huh: I was going to use this guy :blush:, but he just doesn't look right in his Santa hat.

Why domination victory is unlikely? As Aztec has helped Russia greatly and we fought together since we met. We had no excuse to turn against them.

Thats very nice of you, even though I expected to help you to victory and then you move in and take the cap to finish the game. Second place would be a victory for me after all. I'm guessing that if it ever came to that I would just resign and give you the victory.
We have a long way there though as you managed to get everyone to dislike you and I expect to be pulled down with you. :)

Hello guys!

I know that Islandia is a good guy, and I don't know the reason why he has ceased making his turns. But it is nearly a week of his absence and he even did not warn us about the date when he would continue playing.
I suggest to find a sub for China and proceed on this game, because we cannot wait for him for indefinite period of time.

Under the disguise of Songhai's so called 'friendship' with China, the true intention is really to overthrow the Chinese government and replace its governor with Askia's puppet. Although involved in a temporary conflict with China, Catherine does not support this motion (although she is also itchy to play the turns:p)

Hello guys!

I know that Islandia is a good guy, and I don't know the reason why he has ceased making his turns. But it is nearly a week of his absence and he even did not warn us about the date when he would continue playing.
I suggest to find a sub for China and proceed on this game, because we cannot wait for him for indefinite period of time.

No, we can't, but we can wait a little longer.

Under the disguise of Songhai's so called 'friendship' with China, the true intention is really to overthrow the Chinese government and replace its governor with Askia's puppet. Although involved in a temporary conflict with China, Catherine does not support this motion (although she is also itchy to play the turns:p)

Let's not confuse role playing with OOC (out of character) discussions, please. :nope:

No, we can't, but we can wait a little longer.

Let's not confuse role playing with OOC (out of character) discussions, please. :nope:

Ok.

Islandia is inherited as host, by the way, but I incline to wait.

Yeah we might need Mel to manually adjust who is host to get it moving again if he doesn't turn up.

@Stark: sent you an invitation of sub in another game that you requested days ago, I'm manually placed as host in that game.

@Stark: sent you an invitation of sub in another game that you requested days ago, I'm manually placed as host in that game.
Thank you. I am in.

I have some previous experience in turn-based MP games (actually it was Medieval 2 Total War hotseat game) which looked so similar to Islandia's case. Sometimes even reliable players like Is can disappear from the hotseat game without any notice, because some vital circumstances in their real life have changed forcing them to completely reject participating in the internet games for a while.
I remember that this guy just did not turn up one day and three turn-based MP games died out because we were not able to retrieve his passwords.

I will be gone during Christmas and back after new year, so even if we replace, there will be another 9 days to wait for me. So shall we wait till at least the new year? ( 2nd Jan for me)

I will be gone during Christmas and back after new year, so even if we replace, there will be another 9 days to wait for me. So shall we wait till at least the new year? ( 2nd Jan for me)
OK, let's then wait till 2nd of January

Fine with me...however, once February rolls around, I may not be able to play at all for some months. I'll see how it goes at the time.

I agree. I vote for Tabarnak or EEE_boy for the title of host in this game. :)

I think we should try to find some reliable and experienced player as a sub for China, because China is one of major powers with a considerable claim for the victory.

Thanks for the nomination, guess that encourages me to stay alive longer in this game. I will post some ads before host is changed.

Thanks for the nomination, guess that encourages me to stay alive longer in this game. I will post some ads before host is changed.
You should not underestimate productive capabilities of core russian cities :p

Dire news!
This turn Thebes, the capital of Egypt, was invaded by the russian army. The regiment of wild Cossacks has sacked and looted once beautiful ancient city.
Which civ will be next in the list of russian victims?! Is there anything which can stop militaristic Russia?! :assimilate:

Top Bottom