Large Mafia Game: Highway to Hell [In Play]

I was Michael's homie.

'Twas fun, my fellow mafiosi. Thank you especially to ATPG for roping me into this, and to Zack and Kennigit for running it. :)

You lot, I was openly scummy, how come you didn't lynch me?

Nictel: why did you include pizza and me in your sig?

We tried but didn't have the votes. The one thing you could say is we should have gone for you instead of Arakhor, and that might have been possible, though Arakhor might as well have been on your team for how many bandwagons against townies he was onboard. Otherwise, most of the living town was too inactive notwithstanding your Mafia lies to the contrary (such as underhandedly claiming Red_Spy was active in the game on the org when, well, he wasn't, and he wasn't active here).

And Nictel could kill townies and take away the votes of people in Heaven, so we just ran out of time too fast, we had a lot fewer votes than you guys knew at the end because of Nictel. The town might have had a shot if we got lucky at the start of the game on random votes or collateral damage between Nictel and the mafia, but pretty much after bestrfcplayer (who surprisingly was not anti-town but as a bloodthirsty vig only killed townies too, bad luck) and Nictel and the game going on hiatus we were done for.

Though for all the confusion I caused pizza, and that was definitely one of the funniest Mafia quicktopics ever for the beginning half of it, a final post-game clarification:

Celestia > Luna

In my defense, this game was extremely difficult to know whether or not the set-up was balanced.

'Twas a good game. I'm not much of a strategist, but I found the Michael role to be a good challenge for my 14-year-old brain :D

Thanks for GMing, Zack and Kennigit.

It actually turned out pretty damn close in the heaven/hell war as I said--like, I couldn't have wished it to be better balanced than the 11 alive, 10 hell, 10 heaven split right when the war started.

Just that skwink and earthling could have used 1 mafia lynch to boost them into + status; and they were forced to join every bandwagon thereafter in the hope that it was a mafia (the opportunity cost of losing 1 more townie was much less than regaining their stats with a mafia lynch).

Turned out to be a good game imo; perhaps vanilla innocents were a bit bored, but being mafia as a player was fun and it was fun to host (if for no more reason to give me something to do and read a lot of wikipedia)

And I know no one in the world cares about this, but I edited an earlier post where I said "awefully balanced on paper" or something. I purposefully go out of my way to use awefully in the full context of the word, like saying roses are "awefully pretty". Not to be confused with "aweful".

Just that skwink and earthling could have used 1 mafia lynch to boost them.

I'd have used my seduce ability on them, but I couldn't get their stats, so I didn't know how good they were.

And it wouldn't have helped the Heavenites that SK is grounded...

Yeah, I didn't give nictel and olaf all of their people's stats. I should have done that, but I was trying to encourage some activity for people that weren't given a role.

I think I did sufficient in PMing nictel and olaf for information otherwise and being clear on what was happening, including details of the night action and all (ie. they got info on who they damaged and how much, etc).

Any criticism is welcome.

You lot, I was openly scummy, how come you didn't lynch me?

Yeah, seriously guys, you should have listened to me after I died!

I called out Takhisis early, but nobody listened.

Good game. A little bit too confusing, but good.

I did have the magical ability to send in orders for General Olaf if he did not appear in time. I never used it though. I also didn't send my own orders, I figured he would do that. That could possibly have made a difference.

I did have the magical ability to send in orders for General Olaf if he did not appear in time. I never used it though. I also didn't send my own orders, I figured he would do that. That could possibly have made a difference.

Nah, olaf did cover for you.

Well, Earthling, I did keep saying that I was innocent. You were acting far scummier than me throughout much of the game, though considering there were only seven non-vanilla roles in the whole game, counting votes against townies is pretty much a non-starter.

Reveal mafia upon death/townie upon death.

Town needed to know that most everyone I wanted to die was townie, and strung me up for it.

I believe that it also would make a game more enjoyable for a vanilla townie - by giving sense of coherence

Top Bottom