Large Mafia Game: Highway to Hell [In Play]

Nictel: why did you include pizza and me in your sig?
Because of the whole Nictelism thing :). Nothing to do with the game otherwise

'Twas a good game.
Thanks for GMing, Zack and Kennigit.
Yeah it was :D

Yeah, I didn't give nictel and olaf all of their people's stats. I should have done that, but I was trying to encourage some activity for people that weren't given a role.

I think I did sufficient in PMing nictel and olaf for information otherwise and being clear on what was happening, including details of the night action and all (ie. they got info on who they damaged and how much, etc).

Any criticism is welcome.

It would have made it easier, knowing the stats of everyone. I had to guess now how to distribute my forces so that they would kill. It looks like I made a lucky correct guess.

Reveal mafia upon death/townie upon death.

Town needed to know that most everyone I wanted to die was townie, and strung me up for it.

Yeah, I agree.

however, I think if a mafia would have died I would have written a small incdication of it. In a couple of the lynches (like earthling, let's say) it was noted that there was the random roll of the dice--indicating 0 salvation points. Whereas for others like BSmith I did write that he harboured no evil or something like that.

I didn't do enough to indicate innocence, but I think I would have indicated scumminess a bit more. Unfortunately, the town never got an example of that and I didn't do as good as I could ahve with the many innocent deaths.

It was confusing to me how you didn't post roles upon death.

Who was Michael? Ugh, large games are so hard to follow.

It was confusing to me how you didn't post roles upon death.

Who was Michael? Ugh, large games are so hard to follow.

I was Michael. It was revealed in my death post.

I don't think the Lucifer/Michael situation really worked out too well, especially the restrictions they were apparently under. General Olaf was purposefully told not to get himself killed and as has been generally acknowledged the town and Heaven probably would have done better if the War started earlier. Yet Nictel did exactly that, clearly got himself lynched on purpose, and it seems to have given him a huge advantage. At least, the Role PMs imply Nictel and Olaf didn't get their abilities till after they died, so Nictel quickly got himself lynched and then got his abilities to kill townies and take away the votes/strengths of others and had several days of doing that.

Ultimately the town just was too underpowered, the not-directly revealing Mafia on death was fine as Heaven and salvation points could have worked some things out, just with too many non-town threats out there and not a small Mafia team in the first place it quickly got out of hand. It seems this game suffered from luck on random kills/lynches at the start pretty much locking in the balance of power the rest of the time, not randomly catching a Mafia or crossfire kills between them and Nictel and bestrfcplayer put the town too far behind.

I don't think the Lucifer/Michael situation really worked out too well, especially the restrictions they were apparently under. General Olaf was purposefully told not to get himself killed and as has been generally acknowledged the town and Heaven probably would have done better if the War started earlier. Yet Nictel did exactly that, clearly got himself lynched on purpose, and it seems to have given him a huge advantage. At least, the Role PMs imply Nictel and Olaf didn't get their abilities till after they died, so Nictel quickly got himself lynched and then got his abilities to kill townies and take away the votes/strengths of others and had several days of doing that.

Ultimately the town just was too underpowered, the not-directly revealing Mafia on death was fine as Heaven and salvation points could have worked some things out, just with too many non-town threats out there and not a small Mafia team in the first place it quickly got out of hand. It seems this game suffered from luck on random kills/lynches at the start pretty much locking in the balance of power the rest of the time, not randomly catching a Mafia or crossfire kills between them and Nictel and bestrfcplayer put the town too far behind.

Yeah I said that on General Olaf's death, he should have gotten himself lynched/killed the moment I was revealed. Because nothing happened I actually assumed whoever played Michael was not paying any attention to the game.

As you said the moment I got my pm my goal was to get myself killed. Just like in a certain joker game... Apparently I am very good at getting myself lynched. Unfortunately this only helps in like 1 out of every 20 games or so. :lol:

It was nice of Dante to get me back from hell, but it was frustrating to see that being "tempted" twice would send me back t hell. That was very frustrating to have happen. What exactly was the role of these temptations?

Raise/Lower salvation points. We in heaven, not having access to exact numbers, based off of what we knew, were 99% sure that the only way atpg would go to hell if he were lynched, was if he was scum.

Virtually everybody who voted for Nictel and was not seduced later went to heaven. Combined with the fact that if he was innocent, he probably would have hit a couple scummers to level out his salvation points. However, Mafia almost automatically go to hell.

Temptations were to just minorly play around with salvation points. Just that Nictel targeting you (Classical hero) put you negative and a mafia wasn't lynched by the time you died, thus sending you to hell.

Possibly, but he started out with like 20 salvation points.

Yeah, I agree.

however, I think if a mafia would have died I would have written a small incdication of it. In a couple of the lynches (like earthling, let's say) it was noted that there was the random roll of the dice--indicating 0 salvation points. Whereas for others like BSmith I did write that he harboured no evil or something like that.

And this opens up an interesting 'what-if'. But even with the assistance of Heaven, by the time I began actively accusing the Town had little to no chance of winning. Still, I've learned plenty about mafia through this game (namely that one person not being mafia doesn't mean whoever you associated with them is also not mafia and of course that lurking is indeed a poor approach to the game) and it was overall very fun.

Lurking=bad? It worked out all right for civplayah and Renata. Of coruse, that's ebcause we were covering them, but, still… :p

Top Bottom