Legendary Earth Mod (LEM)

Dark_Jedi06

"Deus ex Machina."
Ottomans did historically shoulder their way into europe ;) Perhaps maybe give them more incentive to settle eastward for their 2nd city though if you did connect the isthmus. Playing around with my map, I've been able to influence where the AI's put their 2nd city on resource placements alone.

Lol yes that's true, but by military force not by settling it. :p I also like not having the isthmus because that way civs with coastal cities on the Black Sea can build navies that influence the Mediterranean. :)

I will be looking at getting the next version up soon....I have an Organic Chemistry exam this evening so either after that or tomorrow morning. :goodjob:

Stormfather

Chieftain
Strange bug... I selected Bismarck, the game loaded, showing Catherine's screen, and then started me off as a german grey Russia in central Germany... my city founded as Moscow, and when hit Esc to look at the game settings on the bottom of the menu, it showed me Bismarck!?!?

Reloaded, same settings, worked fine. Everyone I've met has been in the right place, and I'm eagerly conquering Europe. Love this map!

Dark_Jedi06

"Deus ex Machina."
Strange bug... I selected Bismarck, the game loaded, showing Catherine's screen, and then started me off as a german grey Russia in central Germany... my city founded as Moscow, and when hit Esc to look at the game settings on the bottom of the menu, it showed me Bismarck!?!?

Reloaded, same settings, worked fine. Everyone I've met has been in the right place, and I'm eagerly conquering Europe. Love this map!

Haha that's quite an interesting bug and I have absolutely no idea what could have caused it outside of some very strange fluke. I've tested the game almost always as Bismarck and never run into this. :lol:

I've decided that version 3 will be posted tonight, probably close to midnight. Wish me luck on my exam. :)

Dark_Jedi06

"Deus ex Machina."
Version 3 is up. :) I hope you all enjoy it...I know I certainly am. :p

Now if only it didn't erase the downloads/ratings with each new version...

As always posts comments, concerns, bugs, etc.

pdbn

Chieftain
I cannot save the game. I pull up the menu and where the save/load game options are normally it is just blank instead. Ctl S does nothing as well I tried disabling all other mods and that did nothing when I try without using mods it works normally. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Lachlan

Great Builder of Civs !
Nice map i play it on my little Intel 3,06 Ghz Dual Core, 4 Go DDRAM and ATI 4850 HD 512 Mo on my 32 bits Seven...

chips2150

Chieftain
I must say, this is the most beautiful earth map i've played so far - great job! Yet I have a problem, which I hope you can help resolve. My game crashes at a certain point playing the Ottomans, with v2 as well as v3. The crashes occured in two different games, but at different times.

Since I was able to finish a game with the French, it seems to be an error rather specific to the Ottoman civ. I'll attach a save. The crash happens in between rounds, I think it was right before or right after 103.

Attachments

• Osmane_Chris.Civ5Save
    955.1 KB · Views: 176

eris23

Warlord
I would move Paris and Berlin one tile north so they're at the coast. It seems more fitting considering the map proportions.

Acoustic

Warlord
I have played your mod since v1(not really that long ago :lol:) and I have noticed something that bugs me. Do take in mine that I have not played v3 yet, so I do not know if it has improved. Every nation seems crowded together. For instance, it is the year 1700 and only me(Russia), Persia, Rome, and Askia are still left. The reason I see for this is the fact that most nations were built so close together, and that they didn't have room or time to build defenses.

Has any of this changed in v3?

On a side note, are there any mods that would help this?

Thanks!

Dark_Jedi06

"Deus ex Machina."
I must say, this is the most beautiful earth map i've played so far - great job! Yet I have a problem, which I hope you can help resolve. My game crashes at a certain point playing the Ottomans, with v2 as well as v3. The crashes occured in two different games, but at different times.

Since I was able to finish a game with the French, it seems to be an error rather specific to the Ottoman civ. I'll attach a save. The crash happens in between rounds, I think it was right before or right after 103.

I downloaded the save and between turns 103 and 104 it pretty much froze, with the turn timer just spinning endlessly. I had to use the Task Manager to exit out. I honestly don't have any clue what could cause this...perhaps someone else has some idea?

I would move Paris and Berlin one tile north so they're at the coast. It seems more fitting considering the map proportions.

It's possible...I would prefer not to as there are plenty of suitable locations for a second city on the coast for both France and Germany, however the AI doesn't have that kind of forethought it would seem. I'll consider it depending on how I observe city-founding trends for France/Germany.

I have played your mod since v1(not really that long ago ) and I have noticed something that bugs me. Do take in mine that I have not played v3 yet, so I do not know if it has improved. Every nation seems crowded together. For instance, it is the year 1700 and only me(Russia), Persia, Rome, and Askia are still left. The reason I see for this is the fact that most nations were built so close together, and that they didn't have room or time to build defenses.

Has any of this changed in v3?

On a side note, are there any mods that would help this?

Thanks!

I'm currently in the middle of a game in which 10 civs (including myself) are still left. The year is 1898 AD. I've had other games like you describe where multiple civs have been wiped out before getting out of BC. You have to bear in mind that each game will be different as the "flavors" for each AI will be altered, perfect example: in one game Alexander was highly expansionist and quickly moved up towards Germany/Russia, in the next he didn't found a second city until nearly the end of BC and instead had grabbed the Pyramids, the Great Lighthouse and the Colossus.

The moral of the story is variability, despite playing on the exact same map. :)

DroopyTofu

Double Bass Double Bass
I don't have the game yet, so unfortunatly, I can't play this great looking mod. One thing that has been bugging me about not having is not being able to pour over a Earth map with hexes and compare it to the grid. (I'm a big map/geography nut.) WOuld it be possible to get a few screenshots of what this mod looks like?

Dark_Jedi06

"Deus ex Machina."
I've avoided screenshots simply because they're ugly... :p There's a mod to let you reveal the map but no resources show up so it looks sparse and ugly. I'll see what I can do about it.

Currently working on the continuous job of playtesting, next up is fixing Japan. Unfortunately the AI doesn't like to found cities over water, but I'm seriously upgrading their start.

groobz

Chieftain
dark jedi thanks for your map. About Japan. Hokkaido (northern Japan) could use one more hex cos its a pretty wide area when compared with honshu, also please remove the two peaks in hokkaido. At the moment i think half of hokkaido is mountain peaks. Also the peak next to mt fuji is kind of wierd because it looks bigger than fuji, maybe change it to a hill.

anyway good job.

OutOfFaze

Chieftain

I have a save file as the Russians doing exactly the same thing between round 307 and 308. Perhaps a comparison will help to solve the riddle?

Attachments

• Russia LEM.Civ5Save
    1 MB · Views: 138

Vadus

pretend the impossible
I have a save file as the Russians doing exactly the same thing between round 307 and 308. Perhaps a comparison will help to solve the riddle?

This problem occured to me in another game, playing as Roman, too ! :confused:

Cross Cowboy

Warlord
Great map and good job so far. Glad to hear about Japan getting some love, because its quite hard starting over there, though fun trying to catch up. One question as I looked at the map in World Builder(my apologies if this has been addressed), but for the US, at least CONUS, there is not one single drop of oil. I saw one in Alaska and a few in the Gulf, but given the reserves in TX and now even in ND, shouldnt there be 1 somewhere in the US. Im sure other places didnt get all their resources as well.

Still very great map and im hoping to have many fun days playing it. I also noticed you had an earlier post about not being able to save...im also having issues with this and was wondering if anyone else was having that problem. I can save the game, but I only see the saves from my normal non modded games. Then when I go to load, i can see the save game I made, because I overwrote another save. Very strange.

Dark_Jedi06

"Deus ex Machina."
I'm taking all of your feedback into consideration for v4...currently working on tweaks and a good deal more playtesting.

As to issues with game crashes, I myself have played a multitude of games as many different civs and never encountered this problem. So far we have issues of the game freezing for Rome, Russia and the Ottomans and honestly I can't find a common thread between them.

For those that are having this issue, can you please post your system specs and also comment on whether or not this happens when playing an unmodded game.

Top Bottom