Legislative Destiny of America

Dude, I don't really think you understand how our countries history went. The argument started loooong before parties were created and the Republican and Democrats were created. Also, we've always been de jure Capitalist since the start of the nation yet that didn't stop the slavery debate. It accelerated it by dividing the North into an Industrial powerhouse where they began to see slavery as obsolete due to the rise of machinery while the South stayed in old time farming and creating a Cottonocracy. Slavery had been an issue since the start of our nation with the Articles of Confederacy then later on the Constitution where, once again, State Power vs Federal Power and Slavery were the biggest issues.

Another thing VGL, this would have to be a Constitutional amendment as our Constitution had already guaranteed the States power over the things listed in these sections of your bill except for five which is just unconstitutional period. Nothing about State vs Federal to do with that. It's unconstitutional to allow a bill to never be taken away or amended without a vote.

Section 1: The Federal Government has ultimate supremacy over states. If a Federal law conflicts with state law, the state law in question is nullified.
Section 2: Federal production orders take precedence over state production orders.
Section 5: All legislation in conflict with this bill are declared null and void.

No they cannot. Some people tried to say they could.

This is also known as the American Civil War.

Which, ironically, was justified by James Monroe and Thomas Jefferson. They were fed up with the Federalist and their Alien and Sedition Acts which increased the length of time you needed to live in the US before naturalization and the repression of the freedom of speech and press, respectively. Jefferson then left for Kentucky and Monroe to Virginia where they each wrote basically the same thing. They are called the Kentucky Resolution and Virginia Resolution. The documents stated that the states had the power to nullify federal legislation. They hoped other states would get behind this but no one else did. The resolutions were used as justifications for secession in the Civil War.

No, DKVM didn't say that. He said that the states have powers listed in the original constitutional writing. Your bill kind of goes against the things listed so you would need to create an amendment. And amendment changes the constitution itself. Amend means to change or fix.

Shh...

In all seriousness, I just need to revert my DoC to revision 770, play the update, and update back. I should be done soon.

Fair enough :D

Top Bottom