Lyrical Girl Captios: The CYOA

B seems like a safe option

Beeeee

um, i vote c i guess since megan told me to

I will vote for C, see?

C. Tyo spits in Red’s face and lets herself be taken into police custody.

Tyo spits in Red’s face.

The other girl sighs and wipes it off. “I keep giving you chances Tyo, but you’re just too stupid to properly take them.” Nonchalantly, taking Seon on her shoulder, she swiftly strides over to the semi-conscious Ninja on the platform floor, touches her hand, and, with a flash and a crack, they both vanish into thin air.

For Tyo, the next few minutes are what she imagines a bad Nyquil dream must feel like. Her scythe disappears somewhere, she feels herself being picked up by a squadron of angry-looking riot police, her wrists cuffed behind her back dragged up the escalators of the station, and out into the back of some sort of armoured truck. Kaiser has disappeared somewhere; Tyo has no reckoning where.

“Amazing,” she mutters to herself as she recollects her wits. “I thought I’d wake up this morning, just relax for a day, play Overwatch, maybe eat a nice pizza. And now, here I am, dressed as a magical girl, now somehow in the hands of the French police, who think I’m a terrorist.” She shakes her head. “Just another day in paradise.”

But she is almost glad for the time she now gets, just to breathe as the van rocks through Paris’ notoriously intense streets, safe from Red’s machinations. She looks down at herself; her clothes, her manicure, her hair all seem to have scarcely been damaged by the events of the past few hours.

It is then that the full weight of the realisation that Ninja is gone - that Red has taken her to whatever fate might await - “I have to get out of here!” Tyo loudly proclaims.

A heavily accented voice shouts back at her; Tyo assumes it is probably a warning for her to shut up.

And so she resigns herself to closing her eyes.

Some time later, the truck halts, and the door opens. Outside, in the courtyard of what Tyo (ever the Francophile) quickly recognises as the Palais de Justice, stands a slightly tanned young woman in a black catsuit and blonde hair, casually speaking to a pair of gendarmes. One of the two helps Tyo to the ground, before unlatching her cuffs, and letting her go.

As a stunned Tyo watches the gendarmes leave, “Oh, my name’s Nuka,” the girl says in a perfect impression of a Valley Girl, “and you’d better thank me for this.”

---

Does Tyo…

A. Thank Nuka
B. Not thank Nuka

A please.

Ahh here we go now D:

Alsoo, you've heard my voice I don't sound like I'm from the Valley, do I? :(

ofc A, lets be polite. Its certainly the safe option

Hesitantly A

No one could ever fill the hole the Red one left. B.

A. Tyo thanks Nuka

“Thanks, Nuka,” Tyo says, drawing out the words and turning her head with sceptical, squinted eyes. “But...who the hell are you?”

“I told you,” the blonde girl’s smile deepens, and Tyo is convinced her tone is entirely an act. “Are you always like this? I’m Nuka, I told you already. I heard about your issue from...ah, a place.”

“A place,” Tyo deadpans.

“Not important. Anyway, let’s get you to safety!”

“Safety?” Tyo looks around frantically, seeing nothing but nonchalantly smoking gendarmes and a few rather lost-looking tourists trying to find the Notre Dame. “Where - what’s even happening to me?”

“Many things, Tyo.”

“And what happened to Kaiser? And where did Red go?” Red had taken Ninja with her; Tyo shudders to think what would have happened to her.”

“Now will you stop asking questions and follow me for just a second?”

Nuka grabs Tyo’s hand and leaps into the air. A crack and a blink later,l Tyo’s feet touch a strip of dried, litter-strewn grass, under the same blue sky.

“Damn it!” Nuka shouts, spinning round in a full circle. “The ley lines are all so haywire today!”

“This isn’t the first time this has happened?” Tyo says, realising that, just like Red earlier in the day, they must have ended in the wrong place.

Nuka shakes her head. “Fortunately, we’re not that far. This is the Tuileries. The Louvre is right over there.” She points at the collection of ornate baroque palatial buildings at the far end of the green, their centrepiece a sparkling glass pyramid barely visible through the gates. “Though we didn’t have to jump very far.”

“The Louvre!” Tyo repeats in shock, remembering an earlier bit of exposition.

“Come on, we have to make it inside. You’ll be safe there!”

“So, who are you, exactly, again?” Tyo asks.

“I’ll explain everything when we get there!” Nuka responds without even so much as a hint of the answer.

---

Does Tyo…

A. Follow Nuka
B. Refuse to follow Nuka unless she explains
C. Leave to try to find Kaiser or the others

I think that cat probably has the best idea on what is going on here. I think we should stick with it. C.

Top Bottom