Mac Modding Index

Don't forget to add BUG and VD :)

You can add Seasnake's Through the Ages, Text Wranglerize it...
Two xml only to clean, in Text Folder : civilopedia and events, after its ok...

I deleted the .dll, it seems to load with no problems, all texts appears in civilopedia...

I cant more after verifyed, ask to Seasnake...

I don't know how to help more because file is too big

I haven't really updated this in a while, but I think there have been a few other mods turning up, so if you guys could let me know (please post with links!) I'll update the OP.

@ Lachlan
If you could post your fixed version, I'll add it to the first post.

For now Trough the Age is a few abandoned but i wait the next project of the modder, he has not added custom dll for a slightly changed game...

Not much but sufficely to improve the base game...

When its new mod will released, Through the Ages will be obsoleted...

As i understood you recommend to upload entire fixed version with link to original thread ? Ok i will do so :)

These mods are fantastic. It's been so long since I've been keeping track of what's been going on in the forum. The mac forum has grown, and that's a good thing. I am finally getting BTS, better late than never. Keep doing the good work. As an afterthough, I am typing this on a droid. I think they need a version for the Android OS. :)

Just wanted to throw my support behind Mac modding and say hello to the community.

I've been playing Civ since it's birth many moons ago and recently switched over to a Mac. While I do most of my gaming on consoles, Civ Revolution just wasn't enough for my Civ fix so I recently got Civ4 BTS and have been loving it - particularly Rhys & Fall.

Anyone know if "Modern World," or "White Lies Black Ops" work on Mac? I couldn't get either working, but I'm hardly the most computer savy person around.

I'm really interested in playing a BTS mod that realistically depicts modern, asymetrical warfare. Any other mods around that explore these sorts of themes?

Could you add History Rewritten please :)

MacBUFFY now available.

This is based on the Hall of Fame BUFFY version 3, which is, in turn, based on BUG. It is primarily released to enable Mac players to join in the BtS GoTM competition, starting with BOTM 27 on 15 February.

Editing the OP alone doesn't draw people's attention to the new material :)

Does anyone know if [BtS] Extra (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=234906) is Mac compatible?

I have run this mod on a Mac and it is lovely. The first time it refused to load four xml files and it still ran but some text was garbled. I noted the offenders and used AlanH's advice from previous modding posts and zapped gremlins using Text Wrangler. I believe that two of the four needed zapping and the other two loaded after the fix of the two I zapped. After restarting, all pages loaded and no garbling of the text. A whole new techtree to visit and many other aspects. I have not given it an exhaustive test but the first test game ran beautifully.

It is a huge mod but well worth downloading.

Thanks to AlanH for supporting this forum!! ;)

I can confirm that you can get BtS Extra to run with a little bit of Gremlin Zapping, the files that need zapping are:

All files are in /Assets/XML/Text

ExtraGameText.xml
Civ4GameText_Colonization.xml
FinalFrontierTextInfosObjects.xml
FinalFrontierTextInfosPedia.xml

I believe these are the files that need fixing I may have forgotten one though.

My warning is that with the full 3.19d extras I get MAFs pretty early on.
But the 3.17 version works just fine so far.

I'm seeing what I can do about the MAFs but it seems to at least be worth a try if not worth being on the list.

Top Bottom