MadDjinn's Deity LP - Venice

MadDjinn

Deity

Attachments

• AutoSave_0000 BC-4000.Civ5Save
    818.8 KB · Views: 316
Is there going to be any more? Seemed odd it just stops after 30 mins.

Always nice to see LPs from you MD. Both me and my wife plays Civ and we download your LPs and watch together on our 50" flat TV. :thumbsup:
Hahaha, yepp, we are gaming nerds.

Woo hoo! Been waiting all week for this. :) Spent last night getting the soundtrack into iTunes and started reading the civolopedia. Today I got the manual and tonight this video. Looking forward to learn more and to start playing this weekend.

A nice way to end the day. Will give me something to do while I await the "foreigner" release.

MadDjinn, it would be great to post video updates here as well.

You should mouse over for Belgrade to see what UU it has, as it is a militaristic city-state (and also allows you to know what other civ is not in).

Minor correction of a comment early in the vid; you canNOT start alone on an island on a Pangaea map in Civ 5 (or PangaeaPlus map). There's a same landmass check for all starting positions in those map scripts. On a Continents map it would certainly be possible to start alone, because of a different division method for the starting positions.
And if you have a Fractal map, it would be possible to generate a pangaea with you alone on an island, but with an actual Pangaea map script you have these rules:
*84% of all land most belong to the same landmass.
*all civs must start on this landmass (doesn't go for CS's).

Video quality is like 480p or 360p (even at 720p). Everything is very unclear.

Can you re-upload Part 2?

I'll check it out later though. It was recorded in 1080p then dropped to 720p/Mpeg-4 format, then fixed up with DivX 720p.

edit:

It's only the first 1:40ish min of the video. That aligns with a problem with the very first fraps file, so I can't do much about it.

I think this should be a Civilization Mantra: "We'll figure out what kind of victory we will go for once we see the map and know who our neighbors are."

Couple questions. You wanted more trade routes to get more gold. I missed what you're planning to do with the gold? Buy units?

Also, at first I didn't understand why you re-based your Cargo Ship to Valletta but then I saw you are moving 7 food. Is that 7 food to Venice?

Couple questions. You wanted more trade routes to get more gold. I missed what you're planning to do with the gold? Buy units?

Also, at first I didn't understand why you re-based your Cargo Ship to Valletta but then I saw you are moving 7 food. Is that 7 food to Venice?

yeah, the 7 food is to Venice.

A tall Venice is a good Venice.

trade routes is gold and science, both very useful for 'anything' in the early game. For the most part I'd look to mass build the base buildings so that I could just hammer the national wonders, but having some excess gold around is good for when someone decides to get cranky with you.

I still think Tradition is the wrong social policy for Venice unless the free buildings apply to puppets as well (an exception to all other civs).

It seems you are going the bottom half of the tech tree to get workshop then ironwork, so the aqueduct is on the way, no need to get it from the Tradition free buildings.

If there are more CS closer to Venice, I think liberty is better for the second MoV and a second cargo ship for another +7 food to Venice from the internal trade route.

^^^you do get the free buildings in puppets (...in Venice's case). I think Tradition vs. Liberty for Venice would depend a great deal on your overall strategy. The Free MoV from Liberty's 'free settler' policy is the one I've not reconciled yet. Question is how valuable those MoV's are early on before CS's really develop their land and build some infra. Could be great for a Liberty/Honor war strategy, saving that one and the Optics one for buying up some military CS's later on for insta armies.

Regardless, due to the puppet nerfs and other things, the city of Venice is always going to be your strongest source of everything, so the boosted growth from Tradition, like in any OCC, is not to be sneezed at. Time will tell though what will be best.

Mad- sure would be great if you turned on quick movement. Only thing that peeves me about your otherwise great LPs.

No quick movements please, I absolutely love watching pieces moving around the board.

Thanks MadDjinn for the answers. I still have to get used to the direction of the arrows - to and from seem backwards.

I still think Tradition is the wrong social policy for Venice unless the free buildings apply to puppets as well (an exception to all other civs).

It seems you are going the bottom half of the tech tree to get workshop then ironwork, so the aqueduct is on the way, no need to get it from the Tradition free buildings.

If there are more CS closer to Venice, I think liberty is better for the second MoV and a second cargo ship for another +7 food to Venice from the internal trade route.

I do love using Liberty as Venice, but Tradition fits well enough.

Super massive pop Venice really uses Monarchy well. Monarchy also adds gold to your city tile, which is then used to make your city look 'nicer' for trade routes.

I will usually go Liberty expand with Venice when I can see that there's 2-3 CSs clumped together (preferrably all coastal). Getting the 2 Liberty MoV's earlier than when you can produce them is good, though it basically shuts down your next MoV until the late Renaissance/Industrial era.

If there happens to be an AI surrounded by CSs, then definitely Liberty->war. feed the CSs units and then grab them all when you want to war.

edit:

and technically I was headed down the lower side of the tech tree because I feel that Arabia is likely to DoW me. So 2 promotion/Heroic Epic Longswords vs. Camel Archers may work for me.

Top Bottom