Map Request: Duel Ice planet with snofru/Kation’s Space Map

8loodlvst

Chieftain
Similar to the desert world map which comes with the C2C download file, I would love to play a duel sized ice pangea planet, with 7/8 civs, with vast majority of the planet uninhabitable, small fertile areas (perhaps concentrated around hot springs, sheltered in valleys by mountains, whatever else makes sense) with vast wastelands in between and ice covered oceans, so we need to build expansive thin trade networks, and so the planet has large wilderness areas full of barbarians and animals relatively late into the game.

Please only use 50% resources.

Please add this planet to whichever space map you think is best.

Thank you,

Maurizio

One could probably just load standard Pangea or a similar mapscript with the arid climate setting then in notepad+, Ctrl-f=> "replace all" all the temperate terrain to arctic, and replace the arid terrain with something more temperate. Set resources to randomize, reload, then it should be good to go.

I checked out a scenario file to see if the "replace" method works, and it seems doable, but unfortunately, some terrain naming conventions and limitations in Notepad++ make it tedious and prone to error. A more surefire method would definitely be to play around with a mapscript to spawn a much cooler world, and then import into a space map.

Ok, thank you for your responses, I’ll take a swing at a map script and see what I can do.

I know this isn’t the proper forum for this, but I just wanted to say that I am really enjoying C2C. I’ve been playing computer games since the early 90s and I’ve never played anything which I enjoyed as much as C2C. This corona situation has given me plenty of time to explore this game. Never thought I could have so much fun for such a prolonged time on a tiny map! I look forward to buying a better laptop and trying larger maps.

Thank you Strategyonly, someone should employ you to make a Civ VII version, and thank you to the rest of you for keeping the mod alive through these forums.

cheers,
Maurizio

Last edited:
Top Bottom