[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Downloaded and been playing avidly for the past two weeks...

This mod in incredible! You guys have done an outstanding job.

It makes me fondly recall Test of Time's Midgard scenario. It's like you took elements from that scenario, and other fantasy sources, and made them 100x better.

The spells are a great addition, and the ability to be good or evil, and switch during the game, adds a whole new twist.

I spoiled myself by continually playing the Ljosafar with their ability to build on top of forests!

Great work!!!

Kael, i was wondering if it was possible that you could units with hidden nationality move as a group: that would be more convenient :p

Kael, i was wondering if it was possible that you could units with hidden nationality as a group: that would be more convenient :p

That ability caused spinlocks in the past, as the AI continually grouped and ungrouped HN and non-HN units to the exclusion of doing anything else.

Simply awesome, I can not believe the amount of thought that went into this mod. Trying to bring some Paradoxians over to this one.

Keep it up.

Also, did you guys use music from Heroes of Might and Magic? Some pieces sound familar.

This will be fixed in the next patch (it was being caused by the Kuriotate player upgrading to airships).

Ahh, wonderful. It was beginning to become a little frustrating and disappointing. But the FFH team is on top of it, as always! Hat's off to you, gents. Brilliant work! :goodjob:

When playing the scenarios with the Media Pack installed, the units are correct when they're an "active" unit, i.e. moving, attacking or defending, but the rest of the time revert to a "precursor" unit, i.e. Larry, Curly & Moe appear as overly large Vanilla Civ Swordsmen.

How do I fix this?

When playing the scenarios with the Media Pack installed, the units are correct when they're an "active" unit, i.e. moving, attacking or defending, but the rest of the time revert to a "precursor" unit, i.e. Larry, Curly & Moe appear as overly large Vanilla Civ Swordsmen.

How do I fix this?

Disable the "Frozen Animations" graphics option. Frozen animations aren't supported in FfH.

:cry:

So.. For some reason I can't play any of the scenarios. Every time I go into the scenario menu and click the little button to launch one, the game just pauses for a moment and then CTD's. I'd really very much like to try my hand at the scenarios, so can anyone toss me a hint as to what might be the problem here?

Cheers!

:cry:

So.. For some reason I can't play any of the scenarios. Every time I go into the scenario menu and click the little button to launch one, the game just pauses for a moment and then CTD's. I'd really very much like to try my hand at the scenarios, so can anyone toss me a hint as to what might be the problem here?

Cheers!

From the main menu select Single Player -> Play a Scenario. The first scenario ont hat list will be "Fall from Heaven II Scenarios". Pick that one and it will give you a list of all the "Ice" scenarios.

From the main menu select Single Player -> Play a Scenario. The first scenario ont hat list will be "Fall from Heaven II Scenarios". Pick that one and it will give you a list of all the "Ice" scenarios.

Yeah, I know. That wasn't the problem. But I found the issue nonetheless, so all is well. :goodjob:

On an unrelated note born mostly out of idle curiosity.. How come the terrain in the Grand Menagerie scenario is not the usual FFH terrain, but rather normal Civ IV?

(and.. Did Falamar die at the end of it? Falamar can't die. He's the Man! :crazyeye:)

Yeah, I know. That wasn't the problem. But I found the issue nonetheless, so all is well. :goodjob:

On an unrelated note born mostly out of idle curiosity.. How come the terrain in the Grand Menagerie scenario is not the usual FFH terrain, but rather normal Civ IV?

(and.. Did Falamar die at the end of it? Falamar can't die. He's the Man! :crazyeye:)

Spoiler :
Die in the ocean? Doesn't sound like a fitting end for our pirate king. ;)

I just installed the media pack and am not seeing any of the new movies - wonder if I have a setting wrong somewhere?

I see the 'old' intro, plus 'still' movies for Form of the Titan and all the Religions - which I saw before I installed the media pack. But for all the other movies e.g. wonders, end of game victory screens, I just get either a 'skip' (as if no movies was on, which it isn't) or a screen filled with fuzzy colourful lines. The latter might point to outdated drivers, but I checked and I'm up to date on my rather sad intel graphics card.

Anyone else getting this problem? I'd love to see the effort that has been put in to the movies.

Yes, Virginia, there are most likely many better places to ask this question. BUT... Since I haven't posted for quite a while and historically this thread is pretty much the extent of my exploration, I'll ask it here.

My wife dearly loves creating new maps for me to play -- which I really don't mind at all since she provides many extra resources for me. Well, she was getting bored with the standard resources in FfH and asked if I could add some more for her to dink around with. I had played "Rise of Man(kind?" quite a while back and remembered it having stuff like coffee, lemons, salt, and other commodities. I also knew that, for whatever reason, stone had never been used in FfH. So, after much exploration, I finally figured out how to add them. They work fine on the map and World Builder, but when you go into the "City" Screen the resource icons used are those for various types of mana.

Question: Where do I need to fix the WorldBuilder to show the correct icons for these new resources?

Thanks and, again, apologies for posting in this thread.

:p

Am I entirely senile if I claim that Forts used to upgrade themselves to Castles over time, even if the tile was not being worked by a city? I could have sworn that was the case, which made them significantly more useful since you didn't need to sacrifice a tile that a city could have used for something else. Maybe I'm just dreaming, I don't know.

:p

Am I entirely senile if I claim that Forts used to upgrade themselves to Castles over time, even if the tile was not being worked by a city? I could have sworn that was the case, which made them significantly more useful since you didn't need to sacrifice a tile that a city could have used for something else. Maybe I'm just dreaming, I don't know.

Ther eis an issue right now where forts that are inside your borders, but not worked wont upgrade. It will be fixed in the next patch.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but here goes...

I downloaded the Dec 16 version of FfH II and I'm having a problem where one of my cities refuses to grow past size 4. I didn't really take note of when it started or what precipitated it. The city just sits on "1 turn" to grow... with plenty of food to push it to the next size. I tried starving the city for a turn then trying to push past 4 again. No luck. It just stops at 28/28 food. Other cities are growing fine.

I have the City States/Agrarian/Apprentice civics. Let me know if there is a better place to ask this and what other details might be helpful in troubleshooting this.

EDIT: Oops, looks like there is a whole forum for FfH. I should h ave figured. If there is no quick answer to this, please ignore. I'll post there.

Top Bottom