[MODCOMP]Enhanced Tech Conquest

Hephaistion said:
Hi The Lopez:

Excellent mod component! I've integrated it into my own mod, of course, but one config component doesn't seem to be working:

I have my config set to "Disable Full Technology Transfer = False" but in-game I never acquire full techs when conquering a city, rather stopping 1 research point shy as before I changed the config setting. Any thoughts?
What is the value of the variable in the CvModName.py file? You need to change it to the name of your mod instead of "Enhanced Tech Conquest".

Hephaistion said:
P.S. Have you ever considered updating Sevo's Tech Leak mod to Warlords as well?
Nope, nor will I since Sevo is still very active on this forum... you should ask him directly.

Thanks, but CvModName.py is set properly to the name of the mod. :confused:

Nope, nor will I since Sevo is still very active on this forum... you should ask him directly.

That's too bad! He's got his hands full already! I've tried to adapt ViSa's version to work in my mod, but I'm python-challenged ... :(

Hephaistion said:
Thanks, but CvModName.py is set properly to the name of the mod. :confused:

That's too bad! He's got his hands full already! I've tried to adapt ViSa's version to work in my mod, but I'm python-challenged ... :(

Hmmm, if you post your mod I'll see what I can do but no promises since I am trying to release my next mod right now.

TheLopez said:
Hmmm, if you post your mod I'll see what I can do but no promises since I am trying to release my next mod right now.

Thanks! Here's the link to my mod: http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/58033/HephMod.rar

I've included all the necessary (I think!) python files for tech leak, as well as the CvVisaCustomEventManager file which I tried to use to figure out how to merge the mods. I've left my original CvCustomEventManager (based on Revolution Mod's) there, as I think I accomplished less than little trying to integrate them.

If you get around to looking at it, perhaps needing something to puzzle over but sick to death of your own projects, that'd be wonderful and much appreciated. I'd never expect you to do my homework for me, so if you don't, all's cool! :cool:

Ah, I see the problem. You need to change the following line from:
config = CvConfigParser.CvConfigParser("Enhanced Tech Conquest Config.ini")

to changes in bold:
config = CvConfigParser.CvConfigParser("HephMod.ini")

Since all of the INI options were moved from the Enhanced Tech Conquest Config.ini file into the HephMod.ini file.

I am new to using mods, nevermind making them. A simple question. Do the AI opponents also get the tech boost if I lose a city? I hope so. Thanks for you work, both on your mods and the updates.

Did a little test with BTS yesterday and it doesn't seem to work.

Unfortunately I have no python skills whatsoever but if anyone else feels up to the challenge...:)

\Skodkim

Am I really the only one who miss this??

It just seems so logical that you would gain some knowledge of a civs techs when you conquer one of their cities.

\Skodkim

Am I really the only one who miss this??

It just seems so logical that you would gain some knowledge of a civs techs when you conquer one of their cities.

\Skodkim

No, Skodkim, you're not alone. This has been a standard component of my mod (HephMod), and I'd also love to see a working version for BtS.:(

I have a semi-working version on my computer now, however I need a little more Python help in order to get all the options fully working. :(

As it stands right now, all you can do is get a randomly selected Tech upon conquering an enemy civ... none of the other neat features are working quite yet.

Hi Grave

Still that sounds great - I don't suppose you could upload the current version.

:mischief:

\Skodkim

I don't want to release a half-assed product... so unless sombody beats me to it... it'll have to wait until it's completly done.

Sorry.

I know what you mean. I guess I'll just have to rest in the assurance that somebody's working on it!

Thanks, Grave! :goodjob: This was a great mod component and I had missed it very much.

CellKu

(Ups, just saw that you opened a new thread for BtS 3.13. Will post there)

Hello !!
I really really like this mod !!! And the customize part is brilliant ! Maybe one day well see an in game option for that mod ?

My question is : How do you remove those red line about some variable value ? Like : Ixxxx= true.... Its like dirt on a diamond !

Top Bottom