Modern Era Ships

well done !
This was a badly needed unit.

I'm just curious about pennant number F 813 seen in preview picture. As far as I know this does not match any active or retited ship in US navy or other allied navy. is it fictional ?

Well done! I've been using the old one by Wyrmshadow for years, that I had resized myself. Time to replace her now. :)

Agree with everyone else's comments. Very well done and badly needed warship - I too had been using a resized version of Wyrm's Perry for quite awhile. So, excellent job Tony! :thumbsup:

I'm also curious about the hull number.

Just some observations from in-game:
Spoiler :
  • The animation and sound for the Attack A are fantastic! Great job!
  • The flc and sound for the Run are a bit long - 4 sec. The animation doesn't run the full cycle so the sound continues for a couple seconds after the ship stops.
  • I think Attack B is a torpedo. Correct?
  • The cannon attack is very small. I couldn't really see it at all.
  • The helicopter appears and disappears like when you go from Fortify to Actice/Run or Active/Run to Attack.
  • Was there a Victory or Fidget flc that wasn't in the dl? I didn't see one where the helicopter lands instead of just disappearing.

The Pennant number is nonsense. As Delta Strife knows, I looked at a few terrible models before I picked this one up. Unfortunately, attemps to cover up the number or edit the materials didn't work out well with the curvature of the hull. Oh well.

I thought I already cut down the Run sound and animation; guess I'll have to redo it.

The ship has been sized so it won't embarass itself sitting next to Vinegar Joe and Delta Strife units. A lot of detail has been lost. The cannon attack is hugely oversized and yet in-game is barely visible. Attack B has a torpedo fired from a triple launcher and hitting the water. The helicopter is basically supposed to be hovering over the target area. The Attack A with the missile actually has a full animation with the Mk13 launcher reloading which is completely inscrutable in the flc. Another one of those things I did for kicks, I suppose.

The Civ 3 animations really limit us on what we can animate. Default, Fidget, Run, and Victory all have to start and end with the first default frame. Fortify covers the change from Default to Attack. Attack and Death must start with the last frame of fortify. So the whole idea of helicopters and jets taking off ships never works out because the animations come at different times depending on what you're doing. So our choices are to have no animation or have them screwed up.

well done !
This was a badly needed unit.

Need I comment and say I agree ....:crazyeye:

Well done Sir, you have now made aircrafts, foot soldiers and ships. All elements and they are ALL very nice and very well made.

My hat off of course to you :hatsoff:

A rendering of the Forrestal that does it justice is one I've been hoping for for a long time as well. She looks great!

U.S.S. Oriskany added to post 2. I needed a graphical upgrade for my Essex carriers when they advance to Era 4 so here it is. As always, includes some Wyrmshadow special effects.

That´s a wonderful ship! :goodjob::clap:

Your Oriskany is gorgeous. I think you've just about got all the U.S's post WWII Cold War era carriers covered now.

Top Bottom