Modern Infantries of the West (Europe, the Americas, Oceania)

ShiroKobbure

Still modding Civ3
This thread is for modern Infantries of the West (Europe, the Americas, and Oceania)

EUROPE

France
French Infantry
Spoiler :

French Marine
Spoiler :

French Foreign Legion
Spoiler :

East Germany (Warsaw Pact)
East German Infantry
Spoiler :

Germany
Modern German Infantry
Spoiler :

Poland
Polish Infantry
Spoiler :

Russia
Russian Infantry
Spoiler :

Russian Paratrooper
Spoiler :

Spain
Spain Infantry
Spoiler :

Way cool! This will be perfect for my mod. The one thing I always am at odds with is that the airborne troops always get stuck lugging their packed chutes with them. Then again that is the only visual cue to denote airborne capability.

Outstanding ShiroK!

Shiro - Very impressive update! :salute: Thank you for your hard work.

The American Infantry Run.flc looks like it has 5 extra frames (15 instead of 10) in each direction that duplicate the 10th frame.

Spoiler :
Fixed, please re-download
Hey Shiro just noticed some issues with the Palettes for US Airborne Large and Islamic terrorist large and small.
What sort of problem?

When playing in civ they display a pink capitulated background. Looking at the pcx file this was fixed by changing the last two colours to green and default civ pink colour.

Fixed, please re-download

Thanks! Looks great.

So I guess when I get around to it, my next modern pack should include:
Sweden
Turkey
Britian
Portugal
Greece
Mexico
Egypt
Peru or another South American country
Some Africans, probably South Africa, Ethiopia, and Angola
A few Central Asians nations
Singpore
Indonesia
Malyasia

Are you still planning on doing the rest of these? In particular:
  • Sweden
  • Britain
  • Greece
  • Egypt
  • Argentina
  • Chile
  • Brazil
  • South Africa
  • Ethiopia
  • Algeria
A few others:
  • Netherlands
  • Italy
  • Iraq
  • Canada
I use generics for most of the above, but was wondering if you'd be interested in doing nation-specific ones.

Not exactly relevant to this thread, but I was also wondering about these as well:
There will also be a "Resistance" pack which includes Inca, Mexica, and Maya warriors with European weapons.

Thanks! Looks great.

Are you still planning on doing the rest of these? In particular:

• So I guess when I get around to it, my next modern pack should include:
  • Sweden
  • Britain
  • Greece
  • Egypt
  • Argentina
  • Chile
  • Brazil
  • South Africa
  • Ethiopia
  • Algeria
A few others:
  • Netherlands
  • Italy
  • Iraq
  • Canada
I use generics for most of the above, but was wondering if you'd be interested in doing nation-specific ones.

Not exactly relevant to this thread, but I was also wondering about these as well:

• So I guess when I get around to it, my next modern pack should include:
  • Sweden (I thought I was missing something, he's done, but unrendered)
  • Turkey
  • Britian (Next pack)
  • Portugal (Maybe next pack)
  • Greece (Next pack)
  • Mexico
  • Egypt (Next pack)
  • Peru or another South American country (Colombia, Peru uses an M16 with a digital woodland camo, its too similar to the generic M16 for a new unit)
  • Some Africans, probably South Africa, Ethiopia, and Angola (possibly next pack)
  • A few Central Asians nations (possibly next pack)
  • Singpore (unsure)
  • Indonesia he's there
  • Malyasia (possibly)

• Argentina/Chile/Brazil (unsure)
  • South Africa (possibly)
  • Ethiopia (they use an AK47 and woodland camo)
  • Algeria (likely)
A few others:
  • Netherlands (probably not)
  • Italy (very likely)
  • Iraq (Modern army uses AK47 and M16 with DBDU camo, I might make of Saddam's forces but undecided)
  • Canada (probably not)

I don't know when I will get back to the Pre-Columbian pack, but I'll say, there's a lot of unfinished stuff on my computer.

Thank you very much for these units, very useful and well done! :) If you ever got around to make some MG teams for the major countries, that would be the icing on the cake, but these are already more than welcome.

• Peru or another South American country (Colombia, Peru uses an M16 with a digital woodland camo, its too similar to the generic M16 for a new unit)

While I agree that the generic M16 is more than enough for a Peruvian Army Infantry unit, but you could always equip one with a FAD

-Bump-

@ Shirokobbure
I do not know if this project is still active.
If so, I would like to ask you considering few additions to one of your next releases that might be quite useful:

1. Add a machine-gunner team for US Marines

2. add the one or more of the following "engineers" animations for US Army (and possibly US Marines).

- "road animation" like the one used in your Vietcong unit. This can be useful for build road and dig (build fortress) orders
- "fortress animation" like the one used in your Vietcong unit. This can be used for build fortress/barricade orders
- "grenade attack animation" like the one used in your Japanese Special Forces unit. This can be used for demolition (pillage) order

I probably already asked for #2 somewhere. I hope you do not mind :mischief:

thanks anyway

Top Bottom