Modified Scenarios Workshop

Thanks for the contribution Patine, but this helps me to let you know that most of the scenarios are updated, I am sorry for not having followed a more numerically structured order to differentiate them, but I strongly recommend that you download the latest updates in the downloads (https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/categories/civilization-ii-downloads.78/), since there were bugs that were fixed or graphics improvements and so on were included, which results in your enjoyment.
Empire for Test of Time: https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/empire-for-test-of-time.24140/
Quebec for Test of Time: https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/quebec-for-test-of-time.24139/
Excellent, thanks.

Here's a more recent set of units I made for Empire:

Units.png

I can see you made some better versions of some of the units Gapetit; maybe we can combine them? EDIT, like so (I guess you've added units in your latest version, like dragoons for the three main nations?):

EDIT 2: Added white flags for sprite making

UnitsEmpire.png

Need to make up masked versions of this to make it work in-game obviously

Last edited:
:woohoo:Very happy with your contribution Fairline... Yes, I included dragons for the different nations, but if you also want to improve them (especially the Spanish one) I will be even happier. There are many conversions that would undoubtedly improve even more with your contributions, but if a scenario you like is not there and you want to make the graphics, I will pass it to ToT. I am going to include your changes so that everyone can enjoy them. I would only ask you if you can change the horse of the Indian warrior, because it is a model that looked very cool in MGE, but with the improvements in the rest of the horses, it does not convince me and that is why I have tried to modify it in all the scenarios ToT that I have. :hatsoff:

I forgot to mention that sprites are also included in the ships. There is a Man-o'-War, but although it is in the Rules list, the Flagship does not appear in the game, although it can be included.

:woohoo:Very happy with your contribution Fairline... Yes, I included dragons for the different nations, but if you also want to improve them (especially the Spanish one) I will be even happier. There are many conversions that would undoubtedly improve even more with your contributions, but if a scenario you like is not there and you want to make the graphics, I will pass it to ToT. I am going to include your changes so that everyone can enjoy them. I would only ask you if you can change the horse of the Indian warrior, because it is a model that looked very cool in MGE, but with the improvements in the rest of the horses, it does not convince me and that is why I have tried to modify it in all the scenarios ToT that I have. :hatsoff:
Added in your mohawk cavalry and put some white flags on the ships in preparation for sprite making. Which units other than ships and niagara falls are included in the sprites? Will you make them up please?

No need to add the flagship in, but no harm leaving the unit there as IIRC it was in the original mge units file

Last edited:
Thank you both. It's a cold, snowy day here and I think I'm just going to settle in with a cup of coffee and play this. Carl Fritz (Gothmog) made excellent scenarios.

Enjoy (although if you wait a tad longer you'll get new units in a sprite file to play in-game) :)

and yes, Carl Fritz made some of the best historical scenarios

Added in your mohawk cavalry and put some white flags on the ships in preparation for sprite making. Which units other than ships and niagara falls are included in the sprites? Will you make them up please?

No need to add the flagship in, but no harm leaving the unit there as IIRC it was in the original mge units file
There are no more sprites. I include the scenario here before replacing the previous one in downloads in case you want something else included and that's okay with you. The Niagara sprite is as a decorative element and to remove the marker and the rest so that each ship is differentiated by nation. The flagship is added in case someone wants to include it via evens.
Without a doubt, a superb scenario with Fairline's superb graphics will make Civ-2 fans happy.
As always, thank you very much @Fairline for providing these wonderful graphics.

Attachments

• Empire.rar
    1.2 MB · Views: 25
There are no more sprites. I include the scenario here before replacing the previous one in downloads in case you want something else included and that's okay with you. The Niagara sprite is as a decorative element and to remove the marker and the rest so that each ship is differentiated by nation. The flagship is added in case someone wants to include it via evens.
Without a doubt, a superb scenario with Fairline's superb graphics will make Civ-2 fans happy.
As always, thank you very much @Fairline for providing these wonderful graphics.
Thanks Gapetit :)

Here are some new sounds for the commanders and the war chiefs in the Empire scenario, just to liven things up a bit. Change the appropriate lines in the Sounds field of the Rules txt: Commander_British.wav on lines 53, 54, 58, 59, and 60. Commander_French.wav on lines 31, 52, 55, 56, and 57. War Chief on line 61. And add these wav files to the Sounds folder.

Attachments

• Empire Commanders.rar
    511.4 KB · Views: 16
Ooooh this one is a really good one.. and part of a Trilogy if I recall.
The other two are available in ToT form, as I have them. ;)

FavFlight's other LOTR scenarios aren't in ToT form; I guess your referring to Catfish and Harlan's scenarios? ;)
There was obviously A set of conversions, at some point, but maybe not with extensive recent graphiics updates, because here they are:

Attachments

• Return of the King.7z
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
  • Mines of Moria.7z
    494.8 KB · Views: 11
I am realizing that I generated a mess of scenarios converted to ToT, because I did not add these to downloads because I did not see them completely finished, like Moria, or they were made after my retirement and were included months ago by @Blake00 (as is Rotk). Patine, you are one of those who most follow this area of change from classic scenarios to ToT and I see that you do not have the latest versions and the rest of the people do not even know them, so I see that I did not do a good job at the time of uploading the scenarios and the hassle of adding new improvements over time and deleting the previous ones in a rather disorderly way, which is undoubtedly difficult to follow... The fundamental thing for Patine is that the year of the scenario in general has to be after 2017, which was when the failure of units that did not have NONE was solved. If you have scenarios that are not in downloads with a scn date prior to that year, request the necessary improvement here. I will try to include everything in downloads with all the improvements like Empire ( thanks for the contribution @techumseh ). Greetings and sorry

Attachments

• Moria.rar
    569.2 KB · Views: 16
  • rotk.rar
    2 MB · Views: 16
Thanks Gapetit. Just to test your patience further, I've been playing Empire and of course had to make some changes to the units :)

I wanted a greater distinction between the transport ship and frigate, included your war chief as leaders like Joseph Brant are often depicted wearing European white shirts, and made the woodsman and Cor' de bois have the light infantry pose as they have alpine movement. Replaced my crappy old Napoleonic Wars sailor with an 18th Century version. Also took the Compaignie Franche militia's winter coat off as they were looking a bit hot in the Carribbean :)

EDIT: Changed British grenadiers to French and Indian Wars campaign dress

Units.png

Attachments

• Empire units and static sprites.zip
    190.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Top Bottom