Modified Scenarios Workshop

I have made improvements to the scenario: DOMINIUM MARIS BALTICI by Markus Eklund ToT conversion. I upload it in case @Fairline , @Tanelorn or another artist dares to improve them and why not, to create the winter option. All the best

Dominium Maris Baltici for ToT

Units.png

Hi all,

Mark Laanen's "Fall of the Roman Empire" scenario has been updated to run with ToTPP. It can be downloaded from the CivFanatics download section located here.

Originally the scenario only had the Huns as the protagonists, no matter what nation you elected to play as, and therefore your victory score depended exclusively on their performance (you could still win a decisive victory no matter how well or poorly you performed). This time each nation has been assigned its own set of specific victory conditions, which makes the game much more challenging. Simply run the FallRome.bat file before launching the scenario to determine which power you want to play.

The unit, terrain and many of the icons graphics have been updated. In addtion, the scenario has been modified so that the Roman Byzantines (ERE) and West Romans (WRE) factions now possess their own specific set of unit and city graphics (this is strictly a cosmetic change and has no incidence on game play whatsoever).

Hi all,

Mark Laanen's "Fall of the Roman Empire" scenario has been updated to run with ToTPP. It can be downloaded from the CivFanatics download section located here.

Originally the scenario only had the Huns as the protagonists, no matter what nation you elected to play as, and therefore your victory score depended exclusively on their performance (you could still win a decisive victory no matter how well or poorly you performed). This time each nation has been assigned its own set of specific victory conditions, which makes the game much more challenging. Simply run the FallRome.bat file before launching the scenario to determine which power you want to play.

The unit, terrain and many of the icons graphics have been updated. In addtion, the scenario has been modified so that the Roman Byzantines (ERE) and West Romans (WRE) factions now possess their own specific set of unit and city graphics (this is strictly a cosmetic change and has no incidence on game play whatsoever).
Awesome! I have A Fall of Rome scenario in my top five unfinshed scenario bucket list that I had shelved in past years as unworkable, but more recently see as possible with ToTPP and Lua,and wanted to finish before starting any new projects , so it should be worth a look over.

Hi all,

Thanks for your work on this conversion Tootall. I've taken the liberty of changing some of the units to more appropriate ones:

- Replaced the 4th century BCE Achaemenid Persians with 5th/6th Century CE Sassanid Persians
- drawn up some Roman generals on foot
- Replaced the pope's garb with 5th-6th Century outfits
- Changed the Theodorics to match contemporary illustrations
- Reduced the amount of armoured units to reflect the conditions of the age
- Replaced the Celtic warlord with a Germanic one
- lastly, and this one requires a name change in the Rules file, replaced the Roman chariot with Roman cavalry. I'm not sure the original author of the scenario had much of a handle on late antiquity military units, and this example is fairly glaring. The Romans throughout Republican and Imperial times never used chariots in warfare. They Perhaps did in Etruscan times....
- I've left the 3rd Century BCE elephant in the units file. Dunno where to start with that one :D

Units.png

Attachments

• fall of the roman empire units.rar
    118.4 KB · Views: 14
Hi Fairline,
Thanks for your work on this conversion Tootall. I've taken the liberty of changing some of the units to more appropriate ones:

Thank you so much for the updated units. I thought I should consult with you first but hesitated on doing so. :hmm:

I couldn't find Roman infantry type generals within your "fairline Rome 4th 5th Cent 2022" collection so thanks for creating some new ones.

The Roman cavalry unit you added seems to be from the Western Empire's Equites Palatinae section. Is there an equivalent ERE unit?

I was pretty certain the Romans didn't use chariots or elephants (as far as I'm aware the only time they used the latter was at the battle of Zama when Scipio confronted Hannibal all the way back in 202 BC) but was unsure what to replace them with. Any suggestions on what could be used to replace the elephant? Perhaps equivalent ERE/WRE cataphracts?

I love the new Pope units you drew. There were some nice graphics you designed from some of the Middle Ages scenarios but I felt certain their style was inappropriate for this period, so I settled for units that were sort of Pope like for the time.

Last edited:
Glad they're ok Tootall. Unfortunately the Notitia Dignitatum which illustrates all the infantry shields of both Eastern and Western Empires in the late 4th/ early 5th centuries only includes the W Empire cavalry shields. I would do what you have with the infantry, and pick a blue-shielded cavalryman from the west to represent the eastern units. Cataphracts to replace elephants sounds like a good idea.

If you want to go the whole hog, you might rename 'centurion' to 'Schola' or 'Domestici Equites' maybe.

Hi all,

Because some changes to the SCN and rules files were required a new Fall of the Roman Empire version 1.1 has been uploaded into the download section here.

In addition to the new graphics provided by Fairline the following modifications were made:
  • Chariot unit replaced by ERE and WRE Equites units
  • Elephant unit replaced by Sagittarii unit (same unit is used by both the ERE/WRE)
  • ERE and WRE "Centurion" units renamed "Schola"
  • The Huns Decisive Victory Condition boosted from 64 to 66 objective points.
Many thanks to Fairline!

Last edited:
Hi all,

A graphical update of Catfish’s ToT conversion of Bernd Brosing's "Cross and Crescent v2.0" is now available. It can be downloaded from the CivFanatics download section located here.

The city, icons, people, terrain and units graphics have been updated. The unit graphics come from the Fairline/Tanelorn unit compilation for the scenario found on the Scenario League website here.

You need to download Catfish’s conversion first (link provided in the download section) and then simply copy paste the graphic updates into the scenario’s folder.

I’d never played the scenario beforehand and found it to be quite a little gem, very fun but also quite challenging.

Hi all,

Aleksei Andrievski's "The Arab Conquests v2" scenario has been updated to run with ToTPP. It can be downloaded from the CivFanatics download section located here.

The unit, terrain and many of the icons graphics have been updated. In addition, the scenario has been modified so that the main factions now possess their own specific set of phalanx, legion and knight type units (this is strictly a cosmetic change and has no incidence on game play whatsoever).

I’d never played this scenario beforehand either and though simple in design, I found it to be rather fun and well made. I did find achieving a decisive victory as the Arabs in the base game perhaps a little too easy.

As such, for those players wanting a somewhat more challenging experience when playing as the Arabs faction, you can run the Arabs.bat file before loading the scenario and select option 2 "Load the advanced scenario events file". It has the following effect:
  • It adds the powerful defensive "Theodosian Walls" unit in Constantinople.
  • It randomly places one moderately strong defensive "City Walls" unit in a number of enemy cities across the map.

Last edited:
Hi all,

A graphical update of Catfish’s ToT conversion of Bernd Brosing's "Cross and Crescent v2.0" is now available. It can be downloaded from the CivFanatics download section located here.

The city, icons, people, terrain and units graphics have been updated. The unit graphics come from the Fairline/Tanelorn unit compilation for the scenario found on the Scenario League website here.

You need to download Catfish’s conversion first (link provided in the download section) and then simply copy paste the graphic updates into the scenario’s folder.

I’d never played the scenario beforehand and found it to be quite a little gem, very fun but also quite challenging.
Bernd Brosing was an excellent scenario designer back in the day.

Attachments

• Crimea1853.rar
    936.5 KB · Views: 13
Top Bottom