Modified Scenarios Workshop

I am realizing that I generated a mess of scenarios converted to ToT, because I did not add these to downloads because I did not see them completely finished, like Moria, or they were made after my retirement and were included months ago by @Blake00 (as is Rotk). Patine, you are one of those who most follow this area of change from classic scenarios to ToT and I see that you do not have the latest versions and the rest of the people do not even know them, so I see that I did not do a good job at the time of uploading the scenarios and the hassle of adding new improvements over time and deleting the previous ones in a rather disorderly way, which is undoubtedly difficult to follow... The fundamental thing for Patine is that the year of the scenario in general has to be after 2017, which was when the failure of units that did not have NONE was solved. If you have scenarios that are not in downloads with a scn date prior to that year, request the necessary improvement here. I will try to include everything in downloads with all the improvements like Empire ( thanks for the contribution @techumseh ). Greetings and sorry
Yeah and it didn't help that after you retired and gave me those files I then sat on them for over a year and got them mixed up with other scenarios of yours in my collection lol.
I'll setup download pages eventually for all those ones I uploaded but as we all know I take years to complete projects lol so if anyone's gets impatient and wants to make some then be my guest. Otherwise I'll get to it eventually!

Yeah and it didn't help that after you retired and gave me those files I then sat on them for over a year and got them mixed up with other scenarios of yours in my collection lol.
I'll setup download pages eventually for all those ones I uploaded but as we all know I take years to complete projects lol so if anyone's gets impatient and wants to make some then be my guest. Otherwise I'll get to it eventually!

I saw your work in MGE and I liked how you organized the scenarios, so when you do it with ToT it will undoubtedly be very good. The problem comes from the fact that the scenarios are "alive" and improvements or changes continue to be made, and then everything begins to mix, and even more so when I change here and there, forgetting to upload a scenario because something else catches my attention... .and I even added scenarios in the Industrial era that should have been in the colonization era... I hope you can improve it and in the meantime I will try to add all the scenarios I have. All the best

Thanks Gapetit. Just to test your patience further, I've been playing Empire and of course had to make some changes to the units :)

I wanted a greater distinction between the transport ship and frigate, included your war chief as leaders like Joseph Brant are often depicted wearing European white shirts, and made the woodsman and Cor' de bois have the light infantry pose as they have alpine movement. Replaced my crappy old Napoleonic Wars sailor with an 18th Century version. Also took the Compaignie Franche militia's winter coat off as they were looking a bit hot in the Carribbean :)

EDIT: Changed British grenadiers to French and Indian Wars campaign dress

View attachment 683017
:thumbsup:I will include the changes in the final conversion.

You're missing an underscore on Wolfe's sounds Brian: Commander_British.wav
Those damned underscores! I've been tripped up more than a few times in Civ2 text file editing by them, myself.

I finished my game as the French, and having cleared the13 colonies of the British, I sent 2 expeditionary forces to capture St. John's and Bermuda, which gave enough points for a decisive victory by Dec 1761. It was a very well designed scenario for it's day.
OK never played as the French - I must give that a try. How did you cope without light infantry, rangers and highlanders which are the mainstay of my British armies?

Masses of artillery, supported by Cor' de Bois, and fleets of Man-o-Wars. I advanced steadily down the eastern seaboard, taking ports as I went. The Royal Navy was a pain and I had to rebuild my own fleet several times, but eventually they couldn't replace their losses. The gameplay is typical for a scenario with relatively few events; it's one siege after another until the balance tips overwhelmingly. It wouldn't have been possible against a human opponent.

Masses of artillery, supported by Cor' de Bois, and fleets of Man-o-Wars. I advanced steadily down the eastern seaboard, taking ports as I went. The Royal Navy was a pain and I had to rebuild my own fleet several times, but eventually they couldn't replace their losses. The gameplay is typical for a scenario with relatively few events; it's one siege after another until the balance tips overwhelmingly. It wouldn't have been possible against a human opponent.
I suppose we could label those old scenarios with few events as winnable with a siege mentality... :p

Top Bottom