Need testers for new editor

Oh! I wonder what that "bribe" function does!

Maybe, just maybe, it may somehow be the key for the "charm" to work, although I could be barking up the wrong tree here...

Oh! I wonder what that "bribe" function does!

Maybe, just maybe, it may somehow be the key for the "charm" to work, although I could be barking up the wrong tree here...

According to the help of the editor, it's supposed to prevent completly propaganda. But although it's documented, the editor doesn't allow it :confused:

General settings page added, download version 0.1.4!

Next, I'll do the units. Interesting page, as it will allow going back to the other pages to fill the references to units.

@Virote: the "immune to" can be used to select a mission. The "bribe" is perhaps only for this mission...

Anyway, I suppose whne my editor can save, we may have to change some of the parameters with it, and see if it has any game effect...

Just a question, is there going to be era-adding or is it all just re-arrangement? Thanks.:D

Hi Steph,
Were you actually able to find a way to turn Corruption off?
Best,
Oz
For the moment I'm just reading the file. So I know that the OFF option is loaded properly if it's set in the editor.
I can't change the game itself without the source code.

Just a question, is there going to be era-adding or is it all just re-arrangement? Thanks.
Once everything loads and saves properly, I will see if I can add elements such as the era.
There's no guarantee it will work. I know I can add one and save it, but I don't know if it will load in the game after. The file structure would allow it, but then in game it could just crash.

What I will do for sure is add management tools, such as multi selection delete or reorder, and perhaps the possibility to change several objects at once (ex: select 10 units, and give all of them the same attack in one click).

Hi Steph,

I was wondering if it would be possible to add into the editor a kind of 'copy' function, such as copying all the info of a unit to 'paste' onto a new unit. What I mean is that, in my mod, I am adding maybe 10 of the same unit to have different civs with different graphics, and I have to keep selecting and entering everything for each unit for each civ. It would be helpful if you could just add 1 swordsman, 'copy him' (copy all the check box info as well as how many shields he costs, what requirements he has, etc.) and then add an indian swordsman, and 'paste' the info of the regular swordsman, and so on for a chinese swordsman, african swordsman, etc. This way all you have to do is change what civ they're available to and their icon #.

Not sure if you have any interest in implementing this sort of thing, it would just be really handy in some instances.

Hi Steph,

I was wondering if it would be possible to add into the editor a kind of 'copy' function, such as copying all the info of a unit to 'paste' onto a new unit. ...
Not sure if you have any interest in implementing this sort of thing, it would just be really handy in some instances.

How do you think I plan to make my mod?

In the meantime, as my editor will take some time to finish, did you try Gramphos's copy tool?

I'm glad to hear that it's in mind, even if the completion is a little while away.

The link to your mod is quite impressive.:goodjob:

I haven't used Gramphos' copy tool. I assume it's part of his multitool? I couldn't find anything in the utilities that just said copy tool. If it is part of his multitool, I have to admit that the thread was a little overwhelming. I'm more comfortable with what you're working on.:)

Keep up the good work.

I can't load any biq's in 0.1.4, even uncompressed.
Spoiler :

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: The output char buffer is too small to contain the decoded characters, encoding 'Unicode (UTF-8)' fallback 'System.Text.DecoderReplacementFallback'.
Parameter name: chars
at System.Text.Encoding.ThrowCharsOverflow()
at System.Text.Encoding.ThrowCharsOverflow(DecoderNLS decoder, Boolean nothingDecoded)
at System.Text.UTF8Encoding.GetChars(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, Char* chars, Int32 charCount, DecoderNLS baseDecoder)
at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, Char* chars, Int32 charCount, Boolean flush)
at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex, Boolean flush)
at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex)
at System.IO.BinaryReader.InternalReadChars(Char[] buffer, Int32 index, Int32 count)
at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadChars(Int32 count)
at Steph_CivIII_ExpandedEditor.Objects.Government.Read(BinaryReader reader, Stream myStream)
at Steph_CivIII_ExpandedEditor.Objects.GovernmentSection.Read(BinaryReader reader, Stream stream)
at Steph_CivIII_ExpandedEditor.Objects.Scenario.Read(String FilePath)
at Steph_CivIII_ExpandedEditor.MainEditor.openToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Steph_CivIII_ExpandedEditor
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Travis%20Christian/Desktop/Steph_CivIII_ExpandedEditor014.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

From 0.1.2, everything looks fine to me.

I can't load any biq's in 0.1.4, even uncompressed.

From 0.1.2, everything looks fine to me.
I think I know why.

In 0.1.3 and 0.1.4 I started reading the government and general settings.

I realized later when reading units (next 0.1.5) that I was not reading the accent correctly (armée was read as arme), and so it offset my reading and the rest of the files created problems...

Now, I've started to fix that, using UTF7 instead of UTF8, and my own biq file is loading properly.

So, do you have names in your government / general settings that could contains characters such as é, è, etc?

Does it really happen with any biq? Or did you try only a moded biq?

I could load my own mod fine with 0.1.4.

Anyway, I need to secure the reading of the strings I think.

I tried with several biq, and they work OK for me (except a small bug in the names of a few units :( ).

Could you email may (stephane.f.david@free.fr) some biq which are not working for you?

Normally I have an English version of Civ3, but perhaps there are some differences, I'd need a file to check.

Also, I found another bug- if you open a second file, which I assume would be a perfectly reasonable thing to do, the new data is appended to the old data instead of replacing it.
This one is corrected. I cleared the list in the interface... But not the list in memory :blush:.

I'll probably post version 0.1.5 tomorrow, with the unit page. However, it's likely to be buggy, as there's a few things I don't understand yet in the data structure of units.

And it will be heavily reorganized.

This just might make me want to work on civ 3 again! I especially like the 'logically organization' :goodjob:.
I would download it and test it if my comp was not so packed full of data, 51% of it is civ :crazyeye:. In any case, Thank You!

Maybe firaxis will take us seriously now...

Version 0.1.5 is not ready yet, the unit page is a bit tricky...

The flags are not documented properly, so I need to do some trial and errors to check where they are.

I also have a problem, where in my editor, and in the files, it says there are 4000+ units, and I can read them all, but in the conquest editor, only 3200+ are listed... I suspect it may be some kind of side effects of Gramphos copy tool.

I also have some problem yet ith the AI strategy: if I check more than one in the conquest editor, only one appeas as checked in my editor.

Rest to do for this page:
- Ignore move cost
- Worker actions
- Air missions
- Standard orders.
- Available to

All the other parameters are done.

For the stealth attacks, the list includes only the allowed target, instead of the full list.

Here is a preview.

I'm taking the program with me, and I'll try to work on it from Poland

Hi Steph,

You're obviously doing some extraordinary work here; nevertheless, a suggestion.

There are a few instances in which it's possible that the AI might comprehend some differences in flags other than those which are presented in the standard editor. One which immediately comes to mind is assigning Air units the "Explore" flag. Any chance you might play around accordingly, and/or want some suggestiions?

Best,

Oz

Top Bottom