New civ v patch made a gamechanging/gamebreaking fix

calze6

Chieftain
The unit disband rates in civ 5 appear to have been drastically increased, disbanding at an early estimate of 50% chance to despawn a unit each turn if you are making -5 gpt with 0 gold. This is absolutely gamebreaking, especially for people who play unmodded duels and teamers in multiplayer, or just for liberty play in general as it will constantly disband units where it is frequent and necessary to make negative go in certain situations. It also damages war for general play as negative gold is relatively frequent to occur, especially after upgrading a lot of units for a timing push.

For anyone saying that will just say 'adapt' to the changes, this change is so fundamental in the contexts that I have mentioned that they completely change the nature of the game and make warring in teamers and duels especially impossible.

Is there a list of in-game changes that came with the launcher patch? I was not aware that the game itself was changed in any way.

It was not. Same build number for the game. The game itself is no longer in development (I.e., no further game balance patches). The launcher patch was a Steam-related QOL change (relieving users of the need to select DX versions each time they start the game, and also providing an advertising platform).

Can confirm there were no changes. I made my first edit to the DLL on 11/19 (where I literally C/P'd over the vanilla DLL after making a backup), a day before the new updates arrived. If the game truly had gameplay changes as you say, my DLL mod would have been reverted.

Top Bottom