New LOTR Unit: Easterling

utahjazz7

Deity
I did some research and this is what can be read in Book Four, Chapter Three: The Black Gate is Closed, "These were Men of other race, out of the wide Eastlands, gathering to the summons of their Overlord; . . ." Later in the chapter it talks about men from the South.

I never got around to changing the shield's markings or the spear, sorry. After I hadn't worked on the unit for a while, I simply wanted to finish it.

Download.

Looks great.... (although I still believe this should be a Haradrim, not an Easterling it doesn't detract from the beauty of the creation :) ).

Grade "A"!

Kid tested, Mother approved!

Strong enough for a man, PH balanced for a...ok, I'll shut up! :D

Amazing unit, utah! He'd make an awesome African Pikeman.

Originally posted by thestonesfan

Amazing unit, utah! He'd make an awesome African Pikeman.

Great idea for this very enjoyable unit.

Originally posted by thestonesfan
Just out of curiosity, does he have civ colors?

Maybe you should ask Smoking Mirror. ;) I really didn't think that this unit would be used for anything outside of the LOTR scenerio. It didn't occur to me that he could be used for the Mongolians or as an African Pikeman, so no, there aren't any. Is there a demand for civ-coloring for this unit?

Originally posted by utahjazz7

Maybe you should ask Smoking Mirror. ;) I really didn't think that this unit would be used for anything outside of the LOTR scenerio. It didn't occur to me that he could be used for the Mongolians or as an African Pikeman, so no, there aren't any. Is there a demand for civ-coloring for this unit?

I don't know about anyone else, but I would use him as a Pikeman or Footman for the Nubians, Songhay, and Zulus - the three African civs I have in my mod.

That's if he had civ colors. I'll use him regardless of civ-colors - he's just too damn cool not to use - but I'd probably make him a UU for just one civ and give them either a burgundy or light yellow civ color. Like how I use your Rohan guy for the Celt's Medieval Infantry.

Either way works fine for me! :goodjob:

Originally posted by Kal-el
stonesfan, you know that SM made a civspecific version of the Rohan Guard unit, right?

er, uhm, yeah...no. :D

Cool! I usually watch the boards like a hawk! I must be slipping in my old age.

Seriously, can I have unit-making courses given by you? This unit is totally COOL, and I could use it as a middle eastern unit :)

Awesome! :) I will surely use this unit as well!

Top Bottom