New NESes, ideas, development, etc

My Fall from Heaven influence is getting on me. Basically the place where the god and its servants (yes, you can create yourself a lot of supernatural servants) reside.

I'd really rather not have an infinite amount of other dimensions here - or do you just mean holy places?

Okay, fixed a few technical and artistic issues. Also, here's a map of the world in 1923, though I have a feeling that I missed something.

Spoiler 1946 :

Spoiler 1923 :

You know... I know that a lot of people had complained about you using too much red, but there is really no reason at all for Canada to be bright green.

I'm thinking a purple would look nice.

I'm almost done butchering North King's ruleset, right now I'm working my way through the first tech tree and then starting on the military section. After that, I'll throw up a preview thread so that they can be critiqued before I start doing the stats.

Another map colour note: Turkey really could use that green colour much better than Canada.

EDIT: Oh, and the thing you're missing is the Chinese Civil War.

I sort of skimmed, so i'm not sure if this was proposed for GodNES.

Gods start off independant, and make alliances to create pantheons to share followers. the DI points would be pooled among the pantheon, and followers would produce more for gods within a pantheon.

(i guess in this view, Jaweh (sp?) is the loser, the lone kid out, the one with no friends :p)

I don't really care what colours the nations are as long as they are different.

I'd really rather not have an infinite amount of other dimensions here - or do you just mean holy places?

About "heavens" - if they are to have a place at all, I think they should be the "heaven" or afterlife of a pantheon, as opposed to a single god.

I sort of skimmed, so i'm not sure if this was proposed for GodNES.

Gods start off independant, and make alliances to create pantheons to share followers. the DI points would be pooled among the pantheon, and followers would produce more for gods within a pantheon.

I disagree with the first part of this idea. I think that the players could put their pantheons together in the Pre-NES, so that hierarchies can be worked out and niches can be filled. I do like the idea of competing pantheons/expressed interest in this idea earlier.

(i guess in this view, Jaweh (sp?) is the loser, the lone kid out, the one with no friends :p)

I guess He makes up for it by being entirely omnipotent and the source and sum of all meaning and being. /shrug

@Luckymoose ☭: Red is the color of the revolution. The Soviets themselves picked the color. If you want to change it, bring it to the revolutionaries.

And if you really don't like the colour, then just download the map and take advantage of the paint bucket tool.

Anyway, the maps have been updated a bit. Fixed Finland and Newfoundland, though I can't seem to make the latter look right. Then again, it could just be me.

...Then change something else? Wow, is this really that difficult of a problem?
Or get better eyes. Or, hey, use an eyedropper tool. Because unless people are red colorblind none of those colors except Japan-UK look remotely similar, and they're rather widely separated and there's this thing called common sense that should tell one they are not owned by the same people. No edits were necessary.

Also, although I think it's nice the GodNES concept is getting some time, I'm pretty irritated that aside from flyingchicken and partially Disenfrancised, nobody looked at my damn units listing. "Time" isn't an issue, because it takes a second; do things look right--if they do say so, because that is useful feedback. "Out of depth" isn't an issue because there is a large swath that isn't futuristic; do they make sense in your experience? "Inexperience" isn't an issue, because it doesn't prevent you from asking a question; polling shows probably 4/5 people will have the same question. And it's damned annoying because I know one of you people is going to come back later and go "zomg y 4 r tankars on teh unats dat is so stupidz lulz," and I'd prefer to shoot you down now. Particularly as it is not terribly difficult, despite the universality of it, to imagine what it will be first leveraged toward.

Top Bottom