New Official Version - October 7th (10-7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have my Civ V installed in D:, what files do I need to move around to make this mod work?

The installing will automatically put some files in your c drive that need to be moved to your d drive. Not sure how it knows but for example, I use steam, it puts it in my C steam location as if I had it installed to my C drive.

For example, the installer will create this folder and install files here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V

Even though I have civ 5 installed here:

D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V

No idea why or how it would even know I used steam to install as you can install Civ 5 without steam..

Either way you need to move everything to your d drive location from your c. If you don't, your game will actually still run but with text and a few visual errors, but it still works.

edit:
@Gazebo perhaps you can edit the "How to install" sticky with the above information? I see this issue come up often.

Same issue for me; founding my (Edit: fourth, not third) city as the Shoshone caused an immediate CTD and unable to load autosaves. Hopefully it's something simple; I was really liking the changes.
Finally had a chance to try the autosave workaround (load the first autosave, then load the last autosave). It did indeed work for getting the last autosave to actually load but it immediately crashed again when I tried to found my fourth city.

Only EUI files generated in C:/.../DLC if you ticked VP+EUI on install.

The "UI_bc1"? I found it in D: and moved it into the correct place.

But the game always crash when I click on Start Game.

The "UI_bc1"? I found it in D: and moved it into the correct place.

But the game always crash when I click on Start Game.

When the installer asks you where you want to install, it's where your user document folder should be, usually the same drive windows is installed in. This is almost always c drive, so just leave the default location the installer picks, unless for some reason you installed windows on a different drive, then you will have to locate it first.

Your actual civ 5 install can be on a different drive. I for example have it on my D drive as well. The "EUI" part of this mod, if you picked to install it, will default to C drive and there is nothing you can do to avoid this. You have to move it into where ever your Civ 5 is installed.

If you cannot make it work, try installing without EUI. Though I love EUI, VOX is still good without it.

Edit: Don't move the mod files for your user document folder to your D drive. (you can copy them, but they won't do anything on your D drive) If you remove them from your C drive all together you will have issues.
Edit edit: To be clear, you want to move the "EUI" files that are installed in a game directory on you C drive, as if you had Civ 5 installed there. The mod files that get installed into your user document files folder must remain there, are are almost certainly in your C drive. Sorry, this is really confusing to explain via text.

Last edited:
Alright, hotfix posted.

Fixes CTDs on save/load and city-founding.
Fixes AI offering 0 SRs for no reason.

Savegame compatible.

https://mega.nz/folder/DMsxkDYI#zSpR9CHpmAfWyIvMXaN3pw

Okay, I know I wasn't the first one to post this, but can I just point out that to me it feels like you fixed my broken very enjoyable game in about an hour flat. ;)

Thank you very kindly gazebo and team.

When the installer asks you where you want to install, it's where your user document folder should be, usually the same drive windows is installed in. This is almost always c drive, so just leave the default location the installer picks, unless for some reason you installed windows on a different drive, then you will have to locate it first.

Your actual civ 5 install can be on a different drive. I for example have it on my D drive as well. The "EUI" part of this mod, if you picked to install it, will default to C drive and there is nothing you can do to avoid this. You have to move it into where ever your Civ 5 is installed.

If you cannot make it work, try installing without EUI. Though I love EUI, VOX is still good without it.

Edit: Don't move the mod files for your user document folder to your D drive. (you can copy them, but they won't do anything on your D drive) If you remove them from your C drive all together you will have issues.
Edit edit: To be clear, you want to move the "EUI" files that are installed in a game directory on you C drive, as if you had Civ 5 installed there. The mod files that get installed into your user document files folder must remain there, are are almost certainly in your C drive. Sorry, this is really confusing to explain via text.

The (1)-(7) mod files I left them intact in the MODS folder in My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5.

Can you give me the name of the "EUI" file or folder so that I can search for it?

I found "UI_bc1" folder that was installed in (D:\Sid Meier`s Civilization V\Assets\DLC) that I moved to the correct folder where I had Civ V installed. But I'm not sure if that was all since the game crash when I press start game.

B̶e̶s̶i̶d̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶o̶x̶ ̶"̶u̶n̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶l̶o̶a̶d̶ ̶t̶e̶x̶t̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶d̶d̶s̶"̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶r̶t̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶:̶
N̶o̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶s̶,̶ ̶c̶a̶c̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶l̶e̶a̶r̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶f̶r̶e̶s̶h̶ ̶i̶n̶s̶t̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶.̶
A̶n̶y̶o̶n̶e̶?̶

edit:well .. now everything is ok. I don't know if it was the new installer I downloaded or if it was the removal of the Improved City View mod (Vox Populi EUI) (v 11.0)

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    256.2 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Greatly appreciate the fast hotfix! I'm curious, does anyone else feel like damage to garrisoned units is much lower in this version? I'm finding it very difficult to deal with them.

The (1)-(7) mod files I left them intact in the MODS folder in My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5.

Can you give me the name of the "EUI" file or folder so that I can search for it?

I found "UI_bc1" folder that was installed in (D:\Sid Meier`s Civilization V\Assets\DLC) that I moved to the correct folder where I had Civ V installed. But I'm not sure if that was all since the game crash when I press start game.

It's the assets folder yes.

The installer places the EUI files for me in this location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V

Again, not sure how it knows to do this as you don't need steam to install Civ 5, plus I never had it installed here so it's not like it's in my registry. Regardless, this is where it puts it for me. You have to copy this into where ever you actually have Civ 5 installed. If you have done this already not sure what's going on with your install as I have forgotten to do this on a new PC and the game still loads and plays, just with missing textures and error messages.

The actual mod (and all Civ 5 mods) gets installed into your user documents folder. For me it's here:

C:\Users\emusk\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS

Where "emusk" is will be what ever your login name is. If you see it installed there, and your game still won't work, maybe delete it and do another install.

Other possible issues is a mod conflict, if you have other mods running try only running with only the the community patch/VP mods and see if it starts. (it's confusing that the old name for the mod is still used in places) Past that you will need to post your error log for one of the contributors to look at.

Edit: Also, it requires CIV 5 plus the two big DLC's and all the added civs to work. If you are missing any of these the game may just CTD at startup or at best work with missing textures. If you lack any of them, you can pick them all up on steam for next to nothing now.

I didn't try first versions and was getting CTD after starting on hotfix, but it was the map script i was using (Communities)

I didn't try first versions and was getting CTD after starting on hotfix, but it was the map script i was using (Communities)

I had the same problem, make sure you are using the newest version of the map script. If you use the default same script from the last game you played it's the old version.

It might be best to remove the original Communitas from the installer... It simply isn't compatible or balanced for the current VP.

Okay some serious feedback after playing till turn 200 (no CTDs on sight).
Reached Renaissance era at turn 200 on Emperor Epic speed as authority Celts with Cerunnunos (did not do any conquering at all, had no libraries till medieval and not so many jungle tiles but lots of forsts); i don't know if this is because of cerununnos or the changes to tech cost buty cities cannot keep up with teching speed way beyond their production and i can assure you my cities had tons of production that i actually had 7 wonders by the medieval era (Statue of Zeus, Temple of Artmeis, Hanging gardens, Terracotta, Oracle, Angkor wat, Alhambra).
Cerunnunos faith generation is absurd, i managed to found at turn 85 on Epic speed without killing a lot of barbs with the Pictish warriors .... I'm not sure if the rest of pantheons are on a similar powerlevel or not but this is clearly over the top.

Cerunnunos faith generation is absurd, i managed to found at turn 85 on Epic speed without killing a lot of barbs with the Pictish warriors .... I'm not sure if the rest of pantheons are on a similar powerlevel or not but this is clearly over the top.
Rhiannon is the same, Dagda was actually nerfed. Everything else was, to my reckoning, just brought up to Rhiannon's level.

I added the 2:c5culture: to plantations, but otherwise I didn't change anything with Cernunnos.
Next version, I think I will move that back down to 1:c5culture: to plantations, same as Camps, and the :c5faith:faith on unimproved forest tiles can probably be removed. It's the only :c5faith:faith source left on any pantheons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom