New PitBoss Game?

GiantGuineaPig

Chieftain
Hi,
I can host a dedicated PitBoss server, and all the players have up to 24 hours to have their turn (but turns are concurrent). You can log in at anytime, check things out and make your move. If you don't log in then you pass your turn. That's pretty much it. As soon as everyone makes their turn, the 24 hour period ticks over, so if everyone was on you could play for a while without having to wait the whole time.

Please post to join, and your preferred civ. Want to have at least 8 players, once we have enough I'll post the rest of the details. Once the game has started, you can use Alt-D and enter your email address to be emailed when the turns are over.

Still considering what map to play.

Interested players/civilization (refer to http://www.civfanatics.com/civ4/info/civilizations/ to help you choose)
adammm81 - Mansa Musa
nathan_g - Tokugawa
Pacifist - Ghandi
Moose3570 - Asoka
sometemple - Catherine - email: yes
Dandridge - Elizabeth - email: yes
portuga - Washington - email: yes
J_Rocket76 - Huyana Capa - email: yes
Traxis - Mao Zedong

Edit: Game on! Here are the rules -

5 days without any action will get you kicked from the game. Feel free to let me know, or post here if you plan to be away for a few days.

All players need to put a password on their Civ once you pick your civ as above. Once ingame, use Alt-D and enter your email address to receive notification on turns etc.

Map is fractal, Turn Timer Quick, 24 hours max per turn, simultaneous turns. Sea Level medium, Map Standard. All other options are default.

All disputes etc are resolved by me and will be final, but open to discussion on anything (majority rules will usually apply).

Anyone interested in joining the game incase we have any dropouts, please let me know and I'll put you down as a reserve!

In the event of any downtime, I'll try to make it as fair as possible. Pitboss doesn't have many options in it - I'll save it on a daily basis.

PS > you have all been contacted in some way with IP/password. Please email me or PM me here if you haven't, or have any issues.

G'day me too please.

Incas or Frederick- Germany

i'd like to play catherine if she's available... no preference on the map type (although i'd love it if it were no larger than standard?)

ummm... i could be wrong about this, but isn't there a bug that messes pitboss up when folks use ALT-D to set their passwords and such? Also... is this game using the most recent patch?

sometemple said:
ummm... i could be wrong about this, but isn't there a bug that messes pitboss up when folks use ALT-D to set their passwords and such? Also... is this game using the most recent patch?

This is v1.61 with the proper release of PitBoss, not the Beta. Is there a known bug with alt-d in that?

Just did test with GaintGuineaPig and Alt-D worked. Should be great fun, would like to get everyone on the server at once for a while though. get the first coulple of turns out of the way quickly.

Everyone think we could do that?

Moose3570 said:
Just did test with GaintGuineaPig and Alt-D worked. Should be great fun, would like to get everyone on the server at once for a while though. get the first coulple of turns out of the way quickly.

Everyone think we could do that?
With so many players from diferent time zones, it may be dificult.

But perhaps everyone could commit to playing the first turns as soon as possible ... And always connect to the server and end their turn even if there's nothing to do, instead of letting the timer reach the limit.

i'm glad to hear alt-d is working. i'm about to host a game myself, and had been informed otherwise.

Any idea when this game is going to get under way?

Turn done no problems.

Only have 3 players to go. If possible, can we see if everyone's available in around 24 hours? lets say 7pm Adelaide (Australia) time, which is GMT + 9:30, or in 20 mins after the stamp time of this post (it's 6:40pm here now). Bit of a long shot I guess, but can anyone not make that at all, or can it be changed a few hours? People work etc so I don't expect anything :)

On Melbourne time, across the border, so half an hour in front. So OK by me.

ummm... that'd be 5am here. it's not likely you're gonna see me that early. add 3 hours to that and i'm game, but i'm sure that'll mess somebody else up :)

if you guys are interested, I can set us up a private forum on my server to help us keep this thing organized (multiple threads for one, would be fantastic). I could give you admin privelages, giantguineapig. Let me know if you're interested.

Top Bottom