New PitBoss Game?

I'd be happy to join as well. I live in Denmark (GMT+1). I haven't got any prefered civilization, I'll beat you all anyway :mischief:

Everyone seems to have taken their civs, but has portuga forgotten to press the end turn button? Turn won't end until everyone has pressed the red button or the timer has ticked 24 hours.:scan:

i can email him... but how do you know Portuga has taken a turn? I know he posted in the forums, but could have easily been from work or somewhere that isn't Civ friendly. If the turn timer runs all the way out today we'll get to the bottom of things tomorrow, no?

there should be an * next to their name if they've ended their term. OK so can anyonne not do 10pm Adelaide, Australia +9:30 GMT ? How does that work for you Traxis? If not maybe we can do an hour or two later?

netbjarne sorry you've just missed the boat, but if anyone drops out or decides not to play etc you're quite welcome to take over?

Guys I'm sorry about this, but I tried to save the game and well it didn't like it. For some reason it saved a 1k file, froze and crashed. So i've had to load the original save. This means we're still on the first turn, but it's the same map. I'll save this more regularly (i.e. morning and night) and hope this doesn't happen again. At worst if there are any further issues, I'll move it to my main gaming PC instead of the file server.

No problem... As long as we only lost a turn or so, I'm not worried about it.

I do have a request though. Could everybody start converting all posted times to GMT? I.E. this message was written at 3:19am GMT. I think our chances of getting everybody together would be a lot greater if everyone were on the same page.

hello again... i have one last question... is anyone else receiving email notification when the turn ends? I put my email in and all that, but haven't gotten any email.

no it doesn't seem to be working. I don't know why - I don't get any errors or anything, but then again PitBoss isn't very configurable. I've entered all the email info into the server. Does anyone know if there's another port that is required to be forwarded to let PitBoss email?

no other ports that I've heard anyone talk about. There is a 3rd party program that I'm using in a PitBoss game I'm hosting (in which I can't get the built in email to work either). The game hasn't started yet, but all of our tests have gone off without a hitch. It simply scans the text in the PitBoss window and emails everyone when the year changes.

here's a link to the thread: -----> LINK

GiantGuineaPig said:
no it doesn't seem to be working. I don't know why - I don't get any errors or anything, but then again PitBoss isn't very configurable. I've entered all the email info into the server. Does anyone know if there's another port that is required to be forwarded to let PitBoss email?

There are some settings in the CivilizationIV.ini file that refer to Pitboss reminder emails. Maybe they have to be filled?

Hi guys,
Currently trying to get into the server and getting a message moose is refusing connection, he may need to set his firewall correctly.
You need to open port 2056 (this port is listed in you civ4.ini file) if you wish to connect with others on the pitboss game otherwise you will block other people from joining while you're logged in (Civ4 is peer to peer bases, even the pitboss).

OK I'll chat to Moose if he doesn't see this.
PBNotify is working. If you haven't told me your email address, please PM me!

if you havent been receiving emails then i don't have your email addy so let me know :) its all working now...

Top Bottom