New World War 2 in Europe scenario

Germany about to invade Poland, sadly as the editor is so primitive Britain and France will not declare war on Germany like they did in september 39. So if u want a challange declare war on them. (i have no idea why diplomatic optionshave been missed off ptw and the earlier editors, they had them on civ2)

Attachments

• poland2.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 685
uhh, where is finland???

it's part of USSR, like he said earlier.

I think it's better if they are part of Germany.

From that sreenie, the German army looks formidable, what's the rough arms ration between the major powers?

The picture is the German Army in the earlier orginal civ 3 scenario i made first. The PTW version has a small army as it is set in 1933 when Hitler first came to power. In the earlier version the French army is about the same size but the German army is largely better equiped especially with air power and motorised units. The British have a awesome navy and the 2nd most powerful bomber force but a weak army and the Soviet army is the largest but spread out and mostly outdated. All the other nations armies are minor and poorly equiped. The Poles have a large army but again it is mostly cavalry and rifleman. (in reality the Poles and Germans moblised the same number of divisions but of course the Germans had better equipment and tactics.)

BTW if any of you like me are real strategy game nuts, specficaly into ww2 then you will love 'Hearts of Iron' i got it 2 weeks ago and havent played civ since. Dont get me wrong civ 3 is a great game and it is unfair to compare the two, but is poor as far as fighting large total wars are concerned

on September 1st, 1939 the Germans began their attack on Poland with 62 Divisions (6 of them armored, 10 Mechanized, and 1,300 state-of-the-art aircraft) against the polish army of 40 divisions,(None of them armored, some parts being cavalry and possessing only a handful of WW1 Tanks and most of their air force was destroyed on ground on the fist day). Later, the Soviet Union attacked as well on the 17th. The war ended on September 28th with the fall of warsaw. The Germans then began their attack on the west in may 1940, and the russians attacked Finland in november 1939. They would claim the country, and the germans then conquered france, belguim, the netherlands, and norway by july 1940. Finland was its own country, It was an enemy of the USSR, not an ally. In WW1 however, Finland WAS part of the Russian Empire before it broke away. If you made Finland part of poland (as wierd as that would be) then it woud be more realistic. Hitler siezed the rest of finland (the russians only took the karelia) Including Helsinki, and he used it for OPERATION BARBAROSSA.:D

I can see that Finlands status is a matter of large concern to a lot of you, it seems a bit strange as there our other non historical issues in the scenario i.e no Belgium or Luxenburg. However, i will make Finland part of Germany in my next version in light of Finlands loyality to Germany in its war against the USSR.

Hearts of Iron is a RTS which i confess i dont normally like (i like turn based stuff) but it is cramed with detail and info and you can play any country you want.

every civ turns to fascism except the russians who stick out with communism

yes i know, i couldent solve this despite trying. Its a shame this editor is so limited, unlike the civ2 editor. I wish they would bring out an improved one but it would seem PTW is as far as infogames is willing to go.

Any suggests anyone how i can solve this little problem?

make it so every civ hates fascism and loves the government they currently have or you want them to have also to combat the problem of the ussr getting too powerful just make communism a touch weaker economically and a touch better from the military perspective. Now don't ask me how to do that as i have about as much skill making scenarios as hitler had with tactics.

I downloaded the PTW version of this scenario, and it looks great.

Trouble is, I guess due to the large city count and large unit count, it takes a few minutes between turns. Worse yet, after about 2 dozen turns, it just plain-old locks up. When I try to reload the autosave game, I get a windows I/O error.

Anyone seen this, and if so.... how do you fix it?

I am using XP with 512K RAM and an Athlon 1100MHz chip.

Any help would be appreciated.

glad you like my little bash at a scenario. Sorry to learn of it locking up, i have fully played it and it doesent on my machine.

my specs are

win xp pro
p4 1,5 gig
512 ddr

Guys, imm working on a updated version of this PTW scenario, does anyone have an specific requests that i incorparate into it?
I will be reducing the power of the U.S.S.R making Finland a country and bringing in various other countries (including Czechslovakia) as i dident know until now 31 nations is the limit.

also i wil try to end the error when everyone goes to fascism.

Is thes scenaro have the ptw units in it? and if not you shauld add that:D

Please find below my new PTW ww2 scenario in Europe, its simply a new version of my older ww2 one starting i 1933. I have reduced the power of the USSR and altered various other minor things. Most importantly i have added new nations as the map below shows.

Please find below a picture of my new PTW ww2 scenario in Europe, (that i will post later today) its simply a new version of my older ww2 one starting in 1933. I have reduced the power of the USSR and altered various other minor things. Most importantly i have added new nations as the map below shows.

This new version is an update to my earlier one. It starts in 1933 and i have made some amendments, i have weakened the USSR (Communism has lost many of its previous advantages), worked hard on renmaing many cities that were wong on the contintant.

There are now 28 nations, new ones are

Finland
Czechoslovakia
Lithurania
Estonia
Lativia
Ireland
Switzerland
Belguim
Bulgaria
Luxenbourg
Portugal
Austria

The only problem i have been unable to resolve that i am aware of after play testing, is that at random, diplomacy conversations with any of the new nations listed above sometimes leeds to the game crashing, however there is no patten i can see and sometime you can have mny conversations in a row with different countries and nothing happens. If anyone has any suggestions please give me some. Also for some reason and despite numerous setting changes and tinkering the lions share of governments become fascist. As always please give me your feedback as i am sure there is room for improvement still.

Btw i couldent do a standard non PTW version as it meant starting from scratch and frankly i couldent be arsed.

Attachments

• ww2.zip
    51.1 KB · Views: 1,711
Hi. Very good scenario :b:

It's possible to play this scenario on a 1.14f PBEM?

Maybe with 8 human players and the other ones control by AI's?

Thanks.

on the highest patch level i believe you can play any scenario

Top Bottom