OCC deity culture

Anyway here's a fun one to try.
This is the Malaysia civ.
Their unique tile improvement is a Kampung, a tile that replaces a water tile adjacent to a sea ressource. It gives 3 food 3 culture ( with compass I believe ).

You also get a culture bonus from excess food in your citie ( quite OP )

This is a sick civ to attempt an OCC culture victory with.
====
Here's one I did today. Turn 290 though, pretty bad, but I made lots of late-game mistakes because the two top AI dowed me and it just sapped my attention span to defend against the carpet of ships :p

map requires Malaysia mod
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=590504825
And full CIV 5 bundle ( BNW, map packs etc from Steam bundle)

Attachments

• malaysiaocc.Civ5Save
    639.1 KB · Views: 156
I really wonder why some people like to 'think' something instead of do proper calculations.

Yadda yadda yadda. All bow to the supeiror player. Of course I did calculations...First rule of CFC = don't share your opinion (even if you preface it with "I think...") if it happens to be different to the almighty IronfighterXXX! :D

mod said:
Please do not troll in future.

Leif

Yet again you come down in an unbalanced way. Apparently, IronfighterXXX is not trolling by implying that I don't think properly, or by using the crazyeyes smiley to make further implications, yet my (admittedly) snarky response calling him out on his arrogance IS trolling.

I've seen this pattern countless times, and I'm really tired of it.

The mods are so heavyhanded on this forum, yet never in a balanced way.

Sayonara

That's only 26 TPT extra compared to any other civ and I don't think it's affected by NVC and Internet either...

Uffizi theming bonus is pretty easy to get, why don't you count it in ?

You don't get enough artists to theme uffizi + sistine + louvre + hermitage.

I compared playing other civs on the same map (my France OCC) with the same starting location in response to consentient post.

BTW Your calculations are wrong - see Maxattack post.

Ah yeah on this map then France or Brazil would always be the best.
I don't know what parts of my 'calculations" are wrong though haha.

How much would a fully themed Louvre be worth ( including the works/artifacts inside it ) with all modifiers?

Not sure how the modifiers stack. I count it up to 69 at internet ( no airport ) for fully-themed Louvre vs not having it at all.

(( 8x1.5x1.5 )+(4+4))x1.33x2 ?

Close enough probably. My point was comparing France with no wonders vs random civ with good wonders. I think if you get enough of the wonders you definitely catch up to France. Max wasn't counting the base tourism/culture from the great works either, which I assume is what generates the most tourism in the end, not the theming.

You don't get enough artists to theme uffizi + sistine + louvre + hermitage.

Agreed, that's why I'm not counting Uffizi + Hermitage but one or the other. I never seem to get Uffizi anyways...

Ah yeah on this map then France or Brazil would always be the best.
I don't know what parts of my 'calculations" are wrong though haha.

How much would a fully themed Louvre be worth ( including the works/artifacts inside it ) with all modifiers?

Not sure how the modifiers stack. I count it up to 69 at internet ( no airport ) for fully-themed Louvre vs not having it at all.

(( 8x1.5x1.5 )+(4+4))x1.33x2 ?

Close enough probably. My point was comparing France with no wonders vs random civ with good wonders. I think if you get enough of the wonders you definitely catch up to France. Max wasn't counting the base tourism/culture from the great works either, which I assume is what generates the most tourism in the end, not the theming.

Oh yeah, sure, the Great Works make for a lot of TPT in the end ! But that's what any civ would get. Regarding France's specific bonus, you only get a small one on the theming bonuses, which are not affected by hotels, airports, NVC and Internet and are therefore negligible in the end game. Building The Oracle alone makes for almost half of the TPT of what the UA could get you in a seemingly best case scenario...

That's why CDG 18 is about making a wide empire with a bunch of châteaux ;)

Well that's a weird loophole. Never had that happen before :p
Even then, I bought Arabia who had forbidden palace ( at least I believe it was that game) and he only gave me one vote out of his 8.

You're only buying the votes they own as a member of World Congress. You cannot buy the votes they have control over via city states, forbidden palace, etc. If you're trying to buy votes for the very first congress, you may want to avoid getting Radio to keep congress in the starting era; this way, you'd be buying 100% of the AI votes except for the host (if not you) and whoever has forbidden palace.

I haven't bought votes for a while, but I believe the last few times I did I used Oxford to get Radio and then bought votes (2 per AI at that point). Arguably, it's better to buy up city states instead of buying votes, as you get the CS benefits and make better use of your spies.

You're only buying the votes they own as a member of World Congress. You cannot buy the votes they have control over via city states, forbidden palace, etc. If you're trying to buy votes for the very first congress, you may want to avoid getting Radio to keep congress in the starting era; this way, you'd be buying 100% of the AI votes except for the host (if not you) and whoever has forbidden palace.

In my game I got radio after the first vote and Arabia still had 15 votes or something like that if I recall. I was also first ideology so that means no one else was in modern era when the vote was held.

Does it upgrade when you get to industrial era or something? Because it gets founded in rennaissance through Printing Press, so if the requirement is that anyone advances to Industrial, then when would buying votes ever be relevant lol.

Congress evolves when half the civs enter the next era (ex. Industrial) or 1 civ is 2 eras ahead (ex. Modern). It explains this on the screen when it happens, in game.

I tried to do this with Acken's mod lol.
Difficulty 6 ( whatever he named it ) on Large Island map, Gaja Mada is on the cusp of a CULTURE VICTORY on turn 210! Haha what. He's generating 610 tourism per turn without internet, world religion, culture bombs, hotels or sacred sites.

Might need a nerf bro, might need a nerf lol.
I'm generating 420 culture per turn and still just got influenced haha. That's kind of silly.

Top Bottom